Author Topic: what gives u street/hood cred..  (Read 1274 times)

Sparegeez

Re: what gives u street/hood cred..
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 06:24:20 PM »
Honestly I don't think anyone on dubcc has the hood mentality or even comes close to understanding the hood. People out there make fun of being ghetto, or get stuck in a phase where being hard makes you hood. The reality is being hood is doing whatever you need to do to survive in the environment you've been brought up in. In the hood that means becoming an animal, not givin a fuck about the people you don't need to know and giving loyalty to those who you consider homies/family. That's not being ignorant, that's just handpickin your friends and treating everyone else like how the hood treats you. Every hood is different (LA, The Bay, East Coast) but there is one thing that stays in common, survival.

Muhfukka

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 06:49:49 PM »
Honestly I don't think anyone on dubcc has the hood mentality or even comes close to understanding the hood. People out there make fun of being ghetto, or get stuck in a phase where being hard makes you hood. The reality is being hood is doing whatever you need to do to survive in the environment you've been brought up in. In the hood that means becoming an animal, not givin a fuck about the people you don't need to know and giving loyalty to those who you consider homies/family. That's not being ignorant, that's just handpickin your friends and treating everyone else like how the hood treats you. Every hood is different (LA, The Bay, East Coast) but there is one thing that stays in common, survival.
youre from san leandro haha

Sparegeez

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 06:53:09 PM »
youre from san leandro haha
you obviously dont know me or the east bay.. LOL retard stop talking already

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 06:54:03 PM »

LMAO.... like 6-7 years ago, I'd drop my hood cred, but right now, I'm an old man who just does me, got a wife... LOL

IMO, you want street cred, get a 50 Cent record, get shot, but don't die, and then brag about it.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 06:56:48 PM »

Sounds like you hit the nail on the head. +1

Sparegeez

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 07:00:08 PM »

LMAO.... like 6-7 years ago, I'd drop my hood cred, but right now, I'm an old man who just does me, got a wife... LOL

what does that have to do with anything fool? You were probably just one of the lucky ones who grew up with a good parent(s) (I'll tell you this the only reason I made it to college is because I wanted to make my mother happy after working over 10 hours a day 6 days a week for years just to support her 2 babyboys) Or you were one of those niggas who hated everything about the hood and thinks the problem with the ghetto is the people and not the system so you got your ass outta there after getting beat up too many times.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 09:44:54 AM »

lol every once in a while that hood shit pops back up for me.  But ive spent the last few years tryin to distance myself from all the triv.  Its hard, cus I still got homies that aint about shit...but yeah, at some point u gotta outgrow it. Havin a kid helps lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 09:47:36 AM »
Honestly I don't think anyone on dubcc has the hood mentality or even comes close to understanding the hood.

thats false.  Its easy to assume, cus theres a lot of Euros on here...and geeky kids from the Suburbs.  But I can guarantee u theres at least a few real muthafuckas on this board.  They got computers in the hood these days.  Not to mention, u got some real grown ups on this board that maybe wasnt always doin well.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 10:04:25 AM »

what does that have to do with anything fool? You were probably just one of the lucky ones who grew up with a good parent(s) (I'll tell you this the only reason I made it to college is because I wanted to make my mother happy after working over 10 hours a day 6 days a week for years just to support her 2 babyboys) Or you were one of those niggas who hated everything about the hood and thinks the problem with the ghetto is the people and not the system so you got your ass outta there after getting beat up too many times.

I was lucky, 'cause even though my mom was a drug addict (died my first week in college of a heroine od) my dad was a former Marine who put work ethic in me. And I never hated the hood, I loved it actually, but I wanted more, and someday I'll return, but it will be in the education field or something to help out people.

lol every once in a while that hood shit pops back up for me.  But ive spent the last few years tryin to distance myself from all the triv.  Its hard, cus I still got homies that aint about shit...but yeah, at some point u gotta outgrow it. Havin a kid helps lol

LMAO... every once in a while. Shit, when it does though, my wife flips out, like your not 16 anymore. Then I remind her, there was a time when this is all I knew, so no matter how much education I got, and how much I've grown, it's always a part of me. Then she looks at me and rolls her eyes, she knew what she married. LOL, it's funny though, I try not to be, but I just am.

8)

Nigga_With_An_Additude

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 11:08:55 AM »
my kids grew upon 28th and kenwood....................rough neighborhood,then we went over to 10th and lasalle...........I put in work in the hood and don't feel like I should have to go back there cuz my family put in time.........

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 11:22:29 AM »
yeah that shit makes me laugh my ass off.

"Orale holmes, this is "Blue Eyes" from the Southside, AKA Becky Weinsberger....chingon ese"

lmao

Around my way the white girls speak with a haitian accent.

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 11:58:31 AM »
yeah that shit makes me laugh my ass off.

"Orale holmes, this is "Blue Eyes" from the Southside, AKA Becky Weinsberger....chingon ese"

lmao

Around my way the white girls speak with a haitian accent.

It isnt that I dont read your posts...its just that i look at your sig first...lol

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 01:58:03 PM »
for me it was my bigwheel.  niggas duck and hide when i rolled out in the Hasbro Transformer edition.  24s in the front 10s in the back what you know about that!

I'd bust mad fish tails in fools driveways. 

Respect my mind.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 06:10:55 PM »
Honestly I don't think anyone on dubcc has the hood mentality or even comes close to understanding the hood.

thats false.  Its easy to assume, cus theres a lot of Euros on here...and geeky kids from the Suburbs.  But I can guarantee u theres at least a few real muthafuckas on this board.  They got computers in the hood these days.  Not to mention, u got some real grown ups on this board that maybe wasnt always doin well.

yeah they got computers in the hood...but do they spend all day on them? I don't believe anyone on here is actually currently in that situation. If they were at one point they are living comfortably now.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2009, 06:38:50 PM »

IMO, you want street cred, get a 50 Cent record, get shot, but don't die, and then brag about it.

"when was it cool to get shot and not shoot back?"

but anyways, sparegeez ur being over dramatic and really do you even know ; ur makin this shit sound like the movies. it aint the 90s mutha fucka take a chill pill. handpicking friends? giving loyalty to friends and family? i think everybody does that or u must be an idiot.

being an animal? if your talking about being an animal and not showing any respect; from my experiance all that gangstas that i know that acted like animals are dead. the only time you gonna act like an animal is when u fresh in the hood puttin in work. i mean shit if ur 20 and still actin all hard n like an animal you must be a fucking loser and probaly gonna get your wig split from an angry lil homie. really the ogs ive met and known that are successel illegitmently are respectableclam, all the ogs that act like animals are either broke as fuck, in prision, or dead

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.