Author Topic: what gives u street/hood cred..  (Read 1233 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: what gives u street/hood cred..
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 07:04:53 PM »
lol it just amazes me how being hood is admired these days. i'm not going to sit here and try to drop my lfie story about how i i was born in a motel then moved to e la then to e bk. but i'm going to say this. i grew up BAD. and when you grow up that way you either grow up thinking you're an animal or thinking of how to be better than your cross town rivals who're doctor's kids.

there's nothing glorious about "surviving" by being hedonistic. that system was drawn up for failure. look at the world of gangster rap,lol. the only one's that made it out of that environment are the studio gangsters...all the real ones are either dead or rappin for Koch and trying to get tourists to buy their shit on the Venice board walk,lol. so they can get their Driver's License back because they're past due on child support payments.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 07:06:10 PM »
Honestly I don't think anyone on dubcc has the hood mentality or even comes close to understanding the hood. People out there make fun of being ghetto, or get stuck in a phase where being hard makes you hood. The reality is being hood is doing whatever you need to do to survive in the environment you've been brought up in. In the hood that means becoming an animal, not givin a fuck about the people you don't need to know and giving loyalty to those who you consider homies/family. That's not being ignorant, that's just handpickin your friends and treating everyone else like how the hood treats you. Every hood is different (LA, The Bay, East Coast) but there is one thing that stays in common, survival.

LMAO.... like 6-7 years ago, I'd drop my hood cred, but right now, I'm an old man who just does me, got a wife... LOL

IMO, you want street cred, get a 50 Cent record, get shot, but don't die, and then brag about it.

"when was it cool to get shot and not shoot back?"

but anyways, sparegeez ur being over dramatic and really do you even know ; ur makin this shit sound like the movies. it aint the 90s mutha fucka take a chill pill. handpicking friends? giving loyalty to friends and family? i think everybody does that or u must be an idiot.

being an animal? if your talking about being an animal and not showing any respect; from my experiance all that gangstas that i know that acted like animals are dead. the only time you gonna act like an animal is when u fresh in the hood puttin in work. i mean shit if ur 20 and still actin all hard n like an animal you must be a fucking loser and probaly gonna get your wig split from an angry lil homie. really the ogs ive met and known that are successel illegitmently are respectableclam, all the ogs that act like animals are either broke as fuck, in prision, or dead

probably the only real times i'll agree with you.

Sparegeez

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 07:09:29 PM »
Honestly I don't think anyone on dubcc has the hood mentality or even comes close to understanding the hood. People out there make fun of being ghetto, or get stuck in a phase where being hard makes you hood. The reality is being hood is doing whatever you need to do to survive in the environment you've been brought up in. In the hood that means becoming an animal, not givin a fuck about the people you don't need to know and giving loyalty to those who you consider homies/family. That's not being ignorant, that's just handpickin your friends and treating everyone else like how the hood treats you. Every hood is different (LA, The Bay, East Coast) but there is one thing that stays in common, survival.

LMAO.... like 6-7 years ago, I'd drop my hood cred, but right now, I'm an old man who just does me, got a wife... LOL

IMO, you want street cred, get a 50 Cent record, get shot, but don't die, and then brag about it.

but anyways, sparegeez ur being over dramatic and really do you even know ; ur makin this shit sound like the movies. it aint the 90s mutha fucka take a chill pill. handpicking friends? giving loyalty to friends and family? i think everybody does that or u must be an idiot.

being an animal? if your talking about being an animal and not showing any respect; from my experiance all that gangstas that i know that acted like animals are dead. the only time you gonna act like an animal is when u fresh in the hood puttin in work. i mean shit if ur 20 and still actin all hard n like an animal you must be a fucking loser and probaly gonna get your wig split from an angry lil homie. really the ogs ive met and known that are successel illegitmently are respectableclam, all the ogs that act like animals are either broke as fuck, in prision, or dead

you basically took everything i said out of context retard. im not discussin the hood with a korean "crip" from the suburbs so dont even bother responding

Sparegeez

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 08:07:39 PM »
lol it just amazes me how being hood is admired these days. i'm not going to sit here and try to drop my lfie story about how i i was born in a motel then moved to e la then to e bk. but i'm going to say this. i grew up BAD. and when you grow up that way you either grow up thinking you're an animal or thinking of how to be better than your cross town rivals who're doctor's kids.

there's nothing glorious about "surviving" by being hedonistic. that system was drawn up for failure. look at the world of gangster rap,lol. the only one's that made it out of that environment are the studio gangsters...all the real ones are either dead or rappin for Koch and trying to get tourists to buy their shit on the Venice board walk,lol. so they can get their Driver's License back because they're past due on child support payments.

The difference between what im saying and what you're saying is that you believe people have a choice in their childhood life on either becoming a gangster or doing it right and going to school or just mannin up and getting a job. But what happens when that's all they know, when livin a criminal life is considered normal. Yall can say oh yeah its all in the 90s movies sike mothafucka its still grimey and hood as fuck in cali, especially oakland. There aint shit to do out here in the east bay except create clicks with your homies and ride through the town. San Fran is too expensive for the kids out here, unless you're affiliated with the white kids in the hills you aint going to no crackin house parties without finding problems there. It's not that they feel "glorious" for how they live, they hold pride knowing their character and resilience is bigger than those living nice and wealthy. You wanna talk about quincenieras? Every quience gets shot up now a days, the media never reports shit though.

Sparegeez

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 08:11:03 PM »
Im not trynna be over dramatic but if you're gonna talking about the HOOD, then we're gonna talk about THE HOOD

Muhfukka

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »
hahahahahahahahhaha

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 11:11:44 PM »
Honestly I don't think anyone on dubcc has the hood mentality or even comes close to understanding the hood.

thats false.  Its easy to assume, cus theres a lot of Euros on here...and geeky kids from the Suburbs.  But I can guarantee u theres at least a few real muthafuckas on this board.  They got computers in the hood these days.  Not to mention, u got some real grown ups on this board that maybe wasnt always doin well.

yeah they got computers in the hood...but do they spend all day on them? I don't believe anyone on here is actually currently in that situation. If they were at one point they are living comfortably now.

Could be. But i dont think anybody on here can say for sure. Plus most people aint on here all day.  One thing that hood shit taught me is to never doubt anybody.  The last person u expect, can be capable of some crazy shit. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2009, 02:35:31 AM »

you basically took everything i said out of context retard. im not discussin the hood with a korean "crip" from the suburbs so dont even bother responding

lol your fuckin sorry and what you mean by the hood? you aint talkin bout clicks? sets? its funny how you act like livin in the ghetto "the hood" gives you some juice, youve been a square and you still are, you come to a westcoast rap forum talk about your lil girl troubles and than you act like you know the ropes. i don tknow how to word it better, but i know your bitch ass dont know some real ogs or if you were ever put down, if you did they was some fakes ass bitches, straight up your on the outside look in.

you stayin at long beach? you just mad cuz them asian boys are punkin on your ass.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2009, 12:06:47 PM »
The people that act like animals in the hood and have no respect for human life deserve to be killed. I grew up in some rough areas and you just have to above all that shit. You can survive without killing innocent people and destroying peoples lives. The real gangsters that I have met are respectful people that are real Irish and Italian mafia. I used to work for some in a respectable buisiness establishments and they are people that you respect or you really are fucked. Not some wannabe gangstas that I would knock the fuck out in an altercation.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2009, 12:38:54 PM »

The difference between what im saying and what you're saying is that you believe people have a choice in their childhood life on either becoming a gangster or doing it right and going to school or just mannin up and getting a job. But what happens when that's all they know, when livin a criminal life is considered normal. Yall can say oh yeah its all in the 90s movies sike mothafucka its still grimey and hood as fuck in cali, especially oakland. There aint shit to do out here in the east bay except create clicks with your homies and ride through the town. San Fran is too expensive for the kids out here, unless you're affiliated with the white kids in the hills you aint going to no crackin house parties without finding problems there. It's not that they feel "glorious" for how they live, they hold pride knowing their character and resilience is bigger than those living nice and wealthy. You wanna talk about quincenieras? Every quience gets shot up now a days, the media never reports shit though.

like looney (omg god i can't believe i'm saying this) said , this isn't the 1980's/90's anymore. people have choices, and ARE aware of them, but choose to ignore and play the victim role, to justify their lack of motivation to change. the opportunities are there, they're just not going to force themselves upon you.  ask anyone who ever came out of jail and changed their mind....listen to danny trejo for god's sake.  humans are a very evolved animal capable of making decisions. if someone chooses to limit their decisions like the way you're saying....i'm sorry but i've seen those people and grew up with them, and all of them have one thing in common, they're lazy.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2009, 12:55:43 PM »

There are spots in San Fran that are just as hood as Oakland, LA, all that shit, and it is much cheaper to live in HP and Potrero Hill than the rest of the City. There are opportunities, but the school systems are bad and there aren't too many role models who do positive with their lives. It's a lot easier to fit in and do the same shit your family members and friends are doing than to go against the grain and try to create your own path to success.
I got a bird's eye view

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2009, 12:58:52 PM »
lol at sparegeez lack of knowledge, u makin bay area natives look bad.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sparegeez

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2009, 01:14:17 PM »

There are spots in San Fran that are just as hood as Oakland, LA, all that shit, and it is much cheaper to live in HP and Potrero Hill than the rest of the City. There are opportunities, but the school systems are bad and there aren't too many role models who do positive with their lives. It's a lot easier to fit in and do the same shit your family members and friends are doing than to go against the grain and try to create your own path to success.

That's what I'm saying, the influence from the hood is 10X stronger than what the teachers and media are telling you. You can't expect kids to make the right choice with the influence around them(think about what your friends made you do as a kid and imagine putting that in the hood, what kinda shit would you be doing). its funny you mention HP cuz I grew up there  ;D

Sparegeez

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2009, 01:20:16 PM »

like looney (omg god i can't believe i'm saying this) said , this isn't the 1980's/90's anymore. people have choices, and ARE aware of them, but choose to ignore and play the victim role, to justify their lack of motivation to change. the opportunities are there, they're just not going to force themselves upon you.  ask anyone who ever came out of jail and changed their mind....listen to danny trejo for god's sake.  humans are a very evolved animal capable of making decisions. if someone chooses to limit their decisions like the way you're saying....i'm sorry but i've seen those people and grew up with them, and all of them have one thing in common, they're lazy.

You do have a good point on the lazy factor. But about the awareness factor, how do you expect a lil nigga to go through school and do all his shit right when all his homies are doing the total opposite and on top of that his family is disfunctional in some sort of way (you already know most people in the hoods grew up without their pops, and some with cracked out moms and shit) and the bitches around him love the thugs and dboys with 24s. The only thing you'll be living for is your education, tell me how many kids would go through that route with the crazy ass shit going around them.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 01:27:48 PM by Sparegeez »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2009, 01:24:12 PM »

Sort of man.  I mean, i kinda get where he's comin from (cant believe im sayin that shit either).  But people on here who criticize that hood mentality, more often then not have never even been there. People who say that everyone has a choice, etc...etc...are correct. But, they are arent realizing that these arent choices being made by 14, 15, 16 yr old kids. A lot of times theyre choices being made by 7,8,9 yr old kids. How many kids at 7 know right from wrong?  How many kids really, at 7 yrs are gonna say "im not gonna join a gang, even though all my friends and family are from this set"?  The path out of the hood is not as easy as people who arent there try to claim it is.  This goes for ALL people, not just lazy people.  Just like a boy typically needs to see a man, in order to know how to be a man....a child needs to see success, in order to want success.  When you grow up that way, you dont realize how high your potential can take you. You aim low, because you think thats as good as it gets.  No, there aint shit cool about living in the hood.  But pretending like succeeding after a childhood of growing up around, or within gang violence and drugs is a cake walk like growing up in the suburbs doesnt help anything either.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"