Author Topic: Guerrilla funk rec. appreciation thread(TCD, T-Kash, P.E,MC Ren, Kam, Uno, D-P)  (Read 2512 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Loving the music Paris is putting out. Urge people to check out Conscious Daughters new ablum, Nutcracker Suite. Nice album. Probably only 2nd to Murs For President, Acid Reflex was my favorite west coast album released from last year. Quality music from this camp.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
damn that fonky expedition is dope as fuck!

anyways,Paris has been a favourite of mine for quite some time.First 3 albums are really good, Dre influence here and there, but he has his own style nonethelss.

My only remark tho, on Sonic Jihad, there was a track, can't remember the name, where he took "Some L.A. Niggaz" drums and put a diff melody.That was the only time I didn't really appreciate him sounding like Dre lol
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

BIGWORM

Paris produced the majority of Spice-1's "Black Bossalini From The Bay" and did an awesome job. Lol he even got arrested and charged for robbing a studio of their equipment the same year...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
thanks for the input guys :) i'm sure that the great Laconic will join us eventually as well 8)

Paris produced the majority of Spice-1's "Black Bossalini From The Bay" and did an awesome job. Lol he even got arrested and charged for robbing a studio of their equipment the same year...
what? Paris caught stealing?

Loving the music Paris is putting out. Urge people to check out Conscious Daughters new ablum, Nutcracker Suite. Nice album. Probably only 2nd to Murs For President, Acid Reflex was my favorite west coast album released from last year. Quality music from this camp.
ayo Hard Truth Soldier, have you checked Hard Truth Soldiers vol 2. & T-Kash' new album?

damn that fonky expedition is dope as fuck!

anyways,Paris has been a favourite of mine for quite some time.First 3 albums are really good, Dre influence here and there, but he has his own style nonethelss.

My only remark tho, on Sonic Jihad, there was a track, can't remember the name, where he took "Some L.A. Niggaz" drums and put a diff melody.That was the only time I didn't really appreciate him sounding like Dre lol
what do you mean? do you think that Unleashed, Sonic Jihad & Acid Reflex are not as good?

by the way, are you referring to the track Lay Low?
the drumsounds are different, but the bassline sounds similar to the one from Some LA Niggaz.
but Paris has used the same drumsounds as Dre a couple of times.
though, like you stated, he has a different style so it doesn't take anything away from him

anyway, i wonder how many MC Ren fans have heard Still ain't free ( produced by Paris)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QMQIZ8/ref=dm_dp_trk2?ie=UTF8&qid=1245312023&sr=103-2

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah volume 2 is dope too, still need to check out T-Kash, probably will do that tonight.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Yeah volume 2 is dope too, still need to check out T-Kash, probably will do that tonight.
too bad that these compilations contain some "old" tracks :P

anyway, props for checking  8)

cedrik

• 'G'

I'm looking for itunes and www.amazon.com but can't find it,can you help me?
thanx in advance!

sorry to hear that. have you tried www.McLeech.com ?

t une tass !!!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

Mygla

lol at pulling the old Dubcnn-trick... Putting Dre's name in the headline just because someone mentioned him ;)

Paris is great tho, I wouldn't call him one of my favourite rappers,  but he's always been concistent with his shit. Gotta say Guerilla Funk is my fav album of his... Dope ass g' funk. Title cut is classic!

MistaNova

Can anyone hook me up with Paris-produced Spice 1 tracks?
Unfortunatly I've been sleepin on Paris post-Guerrilla Funk, at least until I heard Rebith of a Nation. That albums still remains in heavy rotation, Paris keeps it real instead of going hyphy and goes beyond mob.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bout to pop in this T-Kash and see what it do.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!

it's alright... I rate it somewhere around 3-3.5/5. He sounds a little like Jeru The Damaja right,or am I way off?

Tone is similar but me personally he reminds me a little bit of a cross between Lord Have Mercy and Saafir. Flow is very basic but he got lyrics.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
lol at pulling the old Dubcnn-trick... Putting Dre's name in the headline just because someone mentioned him ;)

Paris is great tho, I wouldn't call him one of my favourite rappers,  but he's always been concistent with his shit. Gotta say Guerilla Funk is my fav album of his... Dope ass g' funk. Title cut is classic!
hey it's related to the topic ;) Paris has listed Dr.Dre as one of his influences.
props for your input though :laugh:
have you listened to all of his albums?

it's alright... I rate it somewhere around 3-3.5/5. He sounds a little like Jeru The Damaja right,or am I way off?

Tone is similar but me personally he reminds me a little bit of a cross between Lord Have Mercy and Saafir. Flow is very basic but he got lyrics.

he sounds like Paris to me, though more monotone & a lower voice

Mygla

Paris is great tho, I wouldn't call him one of my favourite rappers,  but he's always been concistent with his shit. Gotta say Guerilla Funk is my fav album of his... Dope ass g' funk. Title cut is classic!
hey it's related to the topic ;) Paris has listed Dr.Dre as one of his influences.

I like Guerilla Funk and Sleeping with the Enemy... Unleashed is cool. Not really feeling the production on The Devil Made Me Do It. Haven't really checked out his post-millenium releases tho. Think I'll order them right now actually.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

I like Guerilla Funk and Sleeping with the Enemy... Unleashed is cool. Not really feeling the production on The Devil Made Me Do It. Haven't really checked out his post-millenium releases tho. Think I'll order them right now actually.
i see, so there's only 2 left. cool to see that you're going to order them  8)

i see your point about the production of The Devil Made Me Do It: overall i think it's quite repetitive  :-\

still, the song The Devil Made Me Do It is a monster IMO  8)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKRAFPHD8W4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hKRAFPHD8W4</a>
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 07:03:14 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »