Author Topic: Guerrilla funk rec. appreciation thread(TCD, T-Kash, P.E,MC Ren, Kam, Uno, D-P)  (Read 2478 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah i mean maybe but i doubt he hasnt heard it maybe jus "ignored it"
but this track sounds 100% like dre was involved, made it etc....something but dre is on it (even tho he isnt)
maybe like the crooked "say dr. dre" to where crooked wrote it for dre or whatever
but damn its almost impossible to watch this and not think dre wasnt involved lol

haha str8 up
wouldnt be surprised if dre worked on that song by any chance
that has dre written all over it-ghost producin
lol

hehe, the influence is obvious  ;D

:D i'd be surprised if Dre has even heard any music from Paris

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
but this track sounds 100% like dre was involved, made it etc....something but dre is on it (even tho he isnt)
maybe like the crooked "say dr. dre" to where crooked wrote it for dre or whatever
but damn its almost impossible to watch this and not think dre wasnt involved lol

haha str8 up
lol

i know what you mean: straight jackin' :D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thsts waz up
good lookin on the debate

haha str8 up
lol

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
thsts waz up
good lookin on the debate

haha str8 up
lol

you're welcome & thanks for your input  :)

yeah the main section is full of shit, so it's not easy to set something up & keep it alive.
but i still got a few things left to talk about, in this topic :)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lets get it then
drop it
Cube

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
it's weird that Paris is influenced by Ice Cube, yet they never collaborated before :P
i mean it's not like it's a requirement, but their styles fit well

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah that would be dope
it would be dope to see traxx wit these
cpo
mc ren
rbx
ice cube

(altho the others are ahead of cube) cube is dope, but rbx and cpo are two of the best ever and will out rap cube, at least i would hope lol

Cube

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
yeah that would be dope
cpo
mc ren
rbx
ice cube

(altho the others are ahead of cube) cube is dope, but rbx and cpo are two of the best ever and will out rap cube, at least i would hope lol

well i mentioned Cube as his style is close to Paris'.
then again, Paris has worked with Spice 1 so why not?

as far as the names you listed, being ahead of cube: i'm not knocking you for mentioning RBX, but MC Ren isn't even on full strength right now  :laugh:
CPO is unique, but ahead of cube  :o that's a little too much don't you think?  :laugh: i respect it if you prefer him over Cube though.

Cube is dope when he's not focusing on gaining a new audience.
linking up with Paris should bring the best out of him ;)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
funny reviews of Hard Truth Soldiers Vol.1 from amazon.com :D

1.0 out of 5 stars  Politicized Junk, April 30, 2006
By    Viper (Chicago IL) - See all my reviews
I've never liked Paris, he's always been a terrible producer and an even worse rapper. Every song on here sucks. MC Ren officially sold out when he hooked up with this clown. I respected Ren for helping overshadow this politicized garbage when he was with NWA and I frankly can't belive that he is helping them now. And Kam sold out too since his albums weren't heavily politicized either. These songs are boring, idiotic, and unlistenable with weak lyrics and wack beats and with distorted messages that only braindead idiots would listen to. This is one of the worst albums of the year.

3.0 out of 5 stars  The Hard Truth is hardly all that great, March 28, 2006
By    enuffodis "enuffodis" (SF) - See all my reviews
Hard Truth Soldiers....overall a dissapointment, but that's not surprising.

You know, in a perfect world, Osama Bin Lauden and the US administration would be best buddies (again). There would be no religous extremists (in the Middle East or the Midwest). In a perfect world, when a group of established MCs put together an album that is set to transform hip-hop and give the powers-that-be a firm foot in the ass, that album would be absolutely phenomenal. It would be unquestionably, 100%, jaw-droppingly fresh. The beats would be like nothing you've heard before --- and you could tell the lyrics took years to perfect, and the cohesiveness of the project would be unbreakable.

The reality, unfortunately, is more in line with what my roomate just happened to say (pretty anti-climactic, right?). He just glanced at the CD, read the lineup of the guys on the album, and said, "Sounds like some washed up rappers trying to start up a supergroup that nobody relly cares about." Unfortunately, he hit the Hard Truth right on the head.

The specifics are the same-old standard complaints with Grade B quasi-independent hip-hop: The beats are mediocre and suffer from unimaginative production. The rappers have brief moments of lucidity, but the quicksand you have to slog through on your way to finding them removes the thrust.

Overall worth a few tolken stars (funny how the "stars" featured on this album are still worth a few stars, isn't it...mostly because of what they have done in the past.). But hey, that's just the Hard Truth of how it goes in the real world.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yah ren is dope, but his flow can be borin but IMO prefer mc ren on some str8 jimmy bones type shit
but cube on that "smoke some weed" type is dope too
but cpo on return of the regulator was classic
his flow was str8 fire and damn them traxx were dope

yeah that would be dope
cpo
mc ren
rbx
ice cube

well i mentioned Cube as his style is close to Paris'.
then again, Paris has worked with Spice 1 so why not?

as far as the names you listed, being ahead of cube: i'm not knocking you for mentioning RBX, but MC Ren isn't even on full strength right now  :laugh:
CPO is unique, but ahead of cube  :o that's a little too much don't you think?  :laugh: i respect it if you prefer him over Cube though.

Cube is dope when he's not focusing on gaining a new audience.
linking up with Paris should bring the best out of him ;)

Cube

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
yeah i'll look for similar reviews of other Paris (related) albums later, this is too funny :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 12:56:12 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Chad Vader

funny reviews of Hard Truth Soldiers Vol.1 from amazon.com :D

1.0 out of 5 stars  Politicized Junk, April 30, 2006
I've never liked Paris, he's always been a terrible producer and an even worse rapper.
Every song on here sucks. MC Ren officially sold out when he hooked up with this clown.
I respected Ren for helping overshadow this politicized garbage when he was with NWA and I frankly can't belive that he is helping them now.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yeah I'll look for similar reviews of other Paris (related) reviews later, this is too funny :laugh:

that actally sounds like a great idea for a thread.  ;) (Bad reviews)  :laugh:
Something like the "bad covers" thread  :P ;)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:11:33 PM by Chad Vader »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
^ i got a few more  :D

Sonic Jihad review from amazon.com:

1.0 out of 5 stars  Knowledge., July 26, 2006
By    Listen up
This album has obviously been reviewed by people who know nothing about hip hop. Maybe some punk rock converts, or fans of the supposed "underground." This is the sort of album that makes casual rap fans think the underground is boring. Paris flow is average at best, his voice is uninspiring, although he doesn't sound like a nerd, and his production is far below average. Honestly, i was expecting more. Of course people who don't know hip hop can overlook the "hip hop" and "music" elements of this album, and just listen to the lyrics because, by golly, they're political! It seems that for people without friends songs about politics is the equivalent of "shake that booty" for the partyers. Now i have nothing against political rap. However i refuse to give low quality rappers who make low quality music such as paris and immortal technique praise just because they have political lyrics. If you're looking for political rap you would do well to check for a rapper with actual mic skills such as wise intelligent, or mr. lif.

Rebirth of a nation reviews, amazon.com

1.0 out of 5 stars  Terrible excuse for Music, March 7, 2006
This junk is surely going to be on my list of 2006's worst albums. I really wish I could give it 0 stars. It's a god awful mess from start to finish. I've always hated Public Enemy, their music has always been dull, boring, and pointless. Paris and Sister Souljah also suck. And Paris wrote all the lyrics on this piece of garbage. I guess Public Enemy aren't confident enough to write thier own music. The production here is really bad and even Kam, MC Ren, and The Concious Daughters are bad here too but that's because Paris wrote thier lyrics. MC Ren is a sellout for appearing on this album. Seriously, I respected him for helping kill this awful group off and now he makes a song with them? Well I hear he's got a new album coming out so hopefully he won't put these dumbasses on there. This is destined to become one of the worst albums of the year. A big big big thumbs down for this garbage. I know this is going to piss off all these PE following drones but go cop Juvenile's new album "Reality Check" instead. Juvenile makes good music with good production and lyrics that entertains.

2.0 out of 5 stars  What Happened?, May 7, 2007
By    Huey Newton - See all my reviews
Public Enemy has always set a high standard for their music and message. They could always be counted on to break down reality, put it in a groove, and drive a message home so hard that it was inspiring and also a call to action on all levels. I know they still have the ability to do that. I see them live regulary in NYC just about everytime they are there. I was there when Chuck D did the guest shot with George Clinon and P-Funk at the Appollo last year. I'm a die hard fan. This album however is very dissapointing.

Public Enemy never condescended to profanity laced tirades. They were always too smart, too intelligent for that. On this latest peice of work there are so many "F's" and "MF's" that, unlike "Bum Rush" "Fear of a Black Planet" "Nation" or "Apocalypse" I won't even share it with my kids or the other young people that I know. I'm a youth counselor and have worked with young people for years. I like to share music with them that has a solid , moral message.

PE has always fit the bill in my book. That, being said, I was really looking forward to this CD based on the reviews I've read here on AMAZON.COM. I feel like I've been hoodwinked! When your vocabulary is deep, you don't need to resort too profanity to make a point. There are plenty of words available with which to communicate. With the addition of PARIS their deleivery has definitely changed. It's not that my ears are so "pure" that I'm offended. It's just that the CD is laced with the stuff. Also, assassinating the President and burning down the White House are not going to get us where we as BLACK people need to be. That's just dumb. We are at WAR and one of the first things the devil tries to control is your tongue. If he can control your tongue, he can control your body and control your world. Unfortunately, on this piece, PE's articulation of the issues has gone into the gutter. Yes, they are still talking about things that need to be said that no other rappers en mass are not doing. There are a few exceptions. My guess is that they are trying to reach the "Thugs" and convert them to polital and social action rather than "Pimpin', ho'in, dealin' and blingin'. I understand the sentiment, but the gutter language tactics turns me off.

One of the things I have always liked about PE is that the delivery was smart, intelligent, and meaningful. This record is profane and mean sprited, not just angry. It makes it hard for me to identify with where they are coming from this time because there is no real HOPE displayed here. Not even a glimmer of PEACE and LOVE. Too negative. It just doesn't make one think about solutions to problems. It just expounds on the problems themseleves.

I don't want our young people to grow up sounding like this. We need a revolution and that starts in the home with the parents or guradians. We need a sense of identity, meaning and morals. If we don't have that, we will end up living and sounding just like the rest of the lost people in this world. Living beneath our God given privledges and always looking for someone or something to blame rather than taking full responsibilty for our own lives. God bless all who read this and have a nice day.

:banana_rock:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
you can download snippets of a lot of Guerilla funk albums here: http://www.guerrillafunk.com/artists/
just click on the artists.

I haven't checked any of the stuff Paris did after Guerilla Funk but I remember that album was dope as hell even though the lyrical content and the music didn't quite fit together IMO.
i'd say it's only the production of the title track & It's Real that don't fit

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
I've got to get in on this thread soon!!