Author Topic: Hollingers All Time Greatest Franchise's (NBA)  (Read 623 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Hollingers All Time Greatest Franchise's (NBA)
« on: June 11, 2009, 04:49:07 PM »
Suprised this hasnt been posted yet.  John Hollinger ranks every team from No. 1 on down...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FranchiseRankings-Lakers
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Hollingers All Time Greatest Franchise's (NBA)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 04:59:42 PM »
what a joke

lets ignore who has the most championships and award the team that is 14-17 in NBA finals appearances ;)

OR the team with the most ALL STAR players through out the years (boston)

whatever, we all have our own opinions :D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 05:11:24 PM »
what a joke

lets ignore who has the most championships and award the team that is 14-17 in NBA finals appearances ;)

lol thought u would love this. I would have swapped 1 and 2. Also, the Suns would not be rated so high with ZERO titles lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 05:19:25 PM »
what a joke

i think the rockets should have been higher the list,

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 05:19:49 PM »
what a joke

lol thought u would love this. I would have swapped 1 and 2. Also, the Suns would not be rated so high with ZERO titles lol

Hollinger's list:

No. 1: Los Angeles Lakers No. 2: Boston Celtics No. 3: San Antonio Spurs No. 4: Chicago Bulls No. 5: Phoenix Suns No. 6: Philadelphia 76ers No. 7: Utah Jazz No. 8: Portland Trail Blazers No. 9: Indiana Pacers No. 10: Houston Rockets

THE SUNS RIGHT BEHIND THE BULLS?????????? wow

the best team with no title is Utah to me
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 05:24:47 PM »
i would have put the bulls above the spurs, there's no reason why they should be above them. i'd also put philly above phoenix and probably san antonio as well.  then i'd probably put the spurs next then houston

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 09:40:48 PM »
Depending on the time of day, then these list always change. Last year, during the high of the Celtics win over the Lakers, Boston gets rank, right now with the Lakers going for the most titles post 1968, then they rank the Lakers number one. We wouldn't have a true answer until the era of LeBron when both KG and Kobe are dying down and all the titles are added up between them. In the 90's, during the Jordan Era, Boston was always ranked over the Lakers, so we wouldn't get a true ranking until about 4-5 years.

What this guy did was rank based off not only winning, but losing. So well the Celtics have more championships, they also have more losing seasons.

Boston went eight years without a winning season in the '90s and was terrible before Russell arrived; overall, the Celtics have had seasons with 15, 19, 20, 22, 22, 24, 25 and 29 wins. Contrast that with the Lakers, who have won fewer than 30 games only twice -- both seasons coming half a century ago -- and it's no surprise that L.A. has won more games, more playoff games and more playoff series than Boston, and has nearly as many All-Star appearances.

Next year I'm predicting a Lakers/Celtics rematch finals, this conversation will continue.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 09:46:03 PM »
I agree with what you guys have said so far: 1 & 2 are kind-of a tossup, he explained it pretty well, so I would keep it how he has it. But Pheonix should be dropped a few spots. Looking at the rest of it, I figured Detroit would be a lot higher, and it looks funny seeing Oklahoma City, based on their success with the Sonics.

Here's the rest of the list for anyone who cares: No. 11: Milwaukee Bucks No. 12: Oklahoma City Thunder No. 13: Detroit Pistons No. 14: Miami Heat No. 15: Orlando Magic No. 16: New York Knicks No. 17: Dallas Mavericks No. 18: Denver Nuggets No. 19: Cleveland Cavaliers No. 20: Golden State Warriors No. 21: New Jersey Nets No. 22: Atlanta Hawks No. 23: Washington Wizards No. 24: New Orleans Hornets No. 25: Sacramento Kings No. 26: Minnesota Timberwolves No. 27: Toronto Raptors No. 28: Charlotte Bobcats No. 29: Los Angeles Clippers No. 30: Memphis Grizzlies
I got a bird's eye view

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 09:47:52 PM »
i would have put the bulls above the spurs, there's no reason why they should be above them. i'd also put philly above phoenix and probably san antonio as well.  then i'd probably put the spurs next then houston

He made a point, and it's a point I made to every Bull fan since the Jordan Era, out side of Jordan, the Bulls have SUCKED FAT DONKEY BALLS!!! The Spurs were always competitive, then ran into some titles in the Duncan Era, even beating Shaq's Lakers. So well I'd put Jordan's Bulls over Duncan's Spurs, I'd take the overall Spurs franchise over the Bulls, 'cause outside of the 90's, the Bulls are the Mid-West Clippers.

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 11:46:07 AM »

lol why?

He is rating teams based on their entire history in the league. The Bulls greatness is mostly limited to the 90's. 

The Spurs as a franchise...

-4 Championships
-Only former ABA team to win a Championship
-3rd Highest Winning percentage in NBA all time
-2nd Highest Winning percentage in NBA Finals history
-Have only missed the playoffs 4 times in team history
-Up until this year, they had the most division titles (16) out of any team in the league during their existence (32 yrs).  Lakers were second with 15, but tied them this year.
-Have made the playoffs 19 of the last 20 yrs, only missing one year when Robinson was injured during the season (the year that got them the #1 pick in the draft, and Duncan).

there is a reason he says they are "comfortably" in the 3rd spot.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 02:50:27 PM »

lol why?

He is rating teams based on their entire history in the league. The Bulls greatness is mostly limited to the 90's. 

The Spurs as a franchise...

-4 Championships
-Only former ABA team to win a Championship
-3rd Highest Winning percentage in NBA all time
-2nd Highest Winning percentage in NBA Finals history
-Have only missed the playoffs 4 times in team history
-Up until this year, they had the most division titles (16) out of any team in the league during their existence (32 yrs).  Lakers were second with 15, but tied them this year.
-Have made the playoffs 19 of the last 20 yrs, only missing one year when Robinson was injured during the season (the year that got them the #1 pick in the draft, and Duncan).

there is a reason he says they are "comfortably" in the 3rd spot.

With all the history behind the Lakers and Celtics, that 3rd spot is actually like the 1 spot in the NBA. The rest of the franchises are gunning for that spot. Maybe someday the Lakers and Celtics will be remembered as NBA past, and other teams will finally have a chance to build up their title numbers. Actually, it would make the league more interesting. But I'm not ready to see it yet.  ;)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 04:47:04 PM »
^LOL...wtf u talkin about?

anyways...it's Lakers at number 1, and it's not even close. we've brought the league more dynasties, more winning seasons, went to the finals countless times, we stay in the news no matter what, and have stayed consistent throughout the years. our biggest stars were bigger than your biggest stars (Magic>Bird, West>Cousy, Wilt>Russell, Kareem>McHale, Worthy>DJ etc)... the only thing Celtics have on us is a couple more titles, the majority of which was won in the 60s, when there were only 8 teams. LMAO. come on, hack...you know whats really good deep down inside. 8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 05:01:10 PM »
^LOL...wtf u talkin about?

anyways...it's Lakers at number 1, and it's not even close. we've brought the league more dynasties, more winning seasons, went to the finals countless times, we stay in the news no matter what, and have stayed consistent throughout the years. our biggest stars were bigger than your biggest stars (Magic>Bird, West>Cousy, Wilt>Russell, Kareem>McHale, Worthy>DJ etc)... the only thing Celtics have on us is a couple more titles, the majority of which was won in the 60s, when there were only 8 teams. LMAO. come on, hack...you know whats really good deep down inside. 8)

???

I quoted why dude justified ranking the Lakers #1. Are you like the Rush Limbaugh of Laker fans, we have to step in line with you.

My main argument, Celtics won more titles but also had more losing season. Even in the 90's, well the Lakers didn't win a title, they still were competitive, Celtics sucked. This era, Kobe and KG are leading their teams to more titles, lets hold off on the argument and see what happens and which teams get their titles before LeBron starts winning all of them.

As for saying the Spurs are like #1, it's cause we all know one and two in the NBA. Switch it up, do whatever. Anyone who says any franchise not named Lakers or Celtics is top 2, then they are smoking. So being number 3 is a great thing. Also, someday the Lakers and Celtics wouldn't be great, Lakers it really doesn't happen, hasn't in franchise history, but who knows. And other teams will win titles, and that's a good thing for the NBA, it makes it more interesting. Now I would love for the Lakers to win every year, but fans of the other 29 teams would hate that. But that's a while away, with Pierce and KB and Gasol and Kobe all in their primes. So until then, lets see the great franchises rake up titles.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 05:25:04 PM »
making the Lakers #1 is like putting the Cardinals ahead of the Yankees for the best MLB team ever LOL

gotta go with the most titles, not a team that's below .500 in NBA finals appearances

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 05:30:43 PM »
making the Lakers #1 is like putting the Cardinals ahead of the Yankees for the best MLB team ever LOL

gotta go with the most titles, not a team that's below .500 in NBA finals appearances

when you make the finals, win or lose, that means you're a top team in the league...lakers have remained a top team in the league for much longer than the celtics. it's common sense, man. LOL. why even argue it? especially when u consider that the celtics did most their damage in an ancient era and the fact that there was less than a third of the teams there are nowadays in the league at that time :-X...PeACe