Author Topic: Top 10 ± West coast classic albums  (Read 1899 times)

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
Re: Top 10 ± West coast classic albums
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2009, 10:53:08 PM »
The Documentary was my favorite Game album, but do you really concider that a "Westcoast Classic"?

i would say Doctor's Advocate is the Westcoast Classic.

that is Westcoast beats & more of a Westcoast feel than The Documentary.

only a few songs off The Documentary have a Westcoast feel to it, whereas Doc's Advocate is Westcoast from start to finish.

or...is this list just classic albums made by Westcoast artists?

I listend to Documentary more thanDoctors advocate

I guess i liked dre's production better

Doctors advocate was definitely dope

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »
 I agree with most of what i've seen. Some of Daz's could come into consideration. pharcyde, heiro, raskass could be up their also.
 Qiks ballance and options was almost. Numskulls album was real good. but yeah i think all the dre/warren/dpg/ice cube/n.w.a/2pac are the classics. Ice-T also but hard to choose wich one.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 08:02:21 AM »
I also forgot to mention "Copium" by Keak Da Sneak , which is in the top 15 for sure.

your dumbass also forgot to mention any 2pac albums LOL

keak the sneak over 2pac? hahahahah thats hilarious
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

dameons

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 09:45:09 AM »
2Pac never had a great album from top to bottom. "Makaveli " was not a great album , it had 4 good cuts and was a let down ( everyone I knew was disappointed with that shit when it dropped ) . "All Eyez on Me " was a mess. It had a lot of filler accompanied by a handful of great cuts . It was rushed and received negative reviews when it came out. A lot of his music , if you listen to it nowadays , is very dated .

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 09:59:14 AM »
LOL you're just a hater man...are you serious? you think 3x Krazy made better "albums" than 2pac???  ???  LOL i love 3x but lets be serious.

i can respect your opinion of not liking songs - but to say Makaveli was not a great album top to bottom is rediculous.  same with MATW, All Eyez, THUG LIFE, and 2pacalypse.

Strictly...I'll admit that had some filler but even the filler material i LOVE.  2pac's filler > 95 % of rappers best music.
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Paul

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 11:28:33 AM »
I also forgot to mention "Copium" by Keak Da Sneak , which is in the top 15 for sure.

your dumbass also forgot to mention any 2pac albums LOL

keak the sneak over 2pac? hahahahah thats hilarious
Not everyone has to like 2pac

I enjoyed All Eyes On Me but wouldnt put it in my top 10 or 20 for that matter
funkyfreshintheflesh

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 11:42:11 AM »

None of Keak da Sneak's albums can be considered classic because he never blew up or had an impact on the hip hop genre. A classic means an album that has stood the test of time, not your personal opinion. Might as well change this topic to "people's favorite west coast albums."

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »
paul, you are really gonna tell me KEAK THE SNEAK is capable of making a better album than 2pac????

please...thats like saying "i'd rather have manu ginobli on my team than lebron james"

Paul

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 03:50:42 PM »
paul, you are really gonna tell me KEAK THE SNEAK is capable of making a better album than 2pac????

haha no i dont mean that, i just mean not every1 has to hav 2pac in there top _ list,

Its like me coming saying your not putting any Cube albums but you have Keek, he doesnt have to have Cube i his list, but if he want Keek thats his opinion
funkyfreshintheflesh

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 03:59:31 PM »
aight well i respect your opinion....i think still 2pac's worst album (loyal to the game) is better than any 3x project besides Stackin Chips tho lol
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 08:42:24 PM by Gurjeet Clitt »

G-Funk

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »
The Chronic
Doggystyle
Regulate... G Funk Era
It's On (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa
Dogg Food
Safe & Sound
All Eyez on Me
AmeriKKKA's Most Wanted
Me Against the World

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2009, 12:31:31 AM »

None of Keak da Sneak's albums can be considered classic because he never blew up or had an impact on the hip hop genre. A classic means an album that has stood the test of time, not your personal opinion. Might as well change this topic to "people's favorite west coast albums."

maybe you should check the first post, to see what this topic is all about

Kool Beenz

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2009, 12:33:47 AM »
No Order

Chronic
Doggystyle
Dogg Food
Straight Outta Compton
Documentary
All Eyez On Me
Defied
Same Day Different Shit
Dueces N Trayz
Return of the Regulator

Play Dirty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2009, 03:18:31 AM »
2Pac never had a great album from top to bottom. "Makaveli " was not a great album , it had 4 good cuts and was a let down ( everyone I knew was disappointed with that shit when it dropped ) . "All Eyez on Me " was a mess. It had a lot of filler accompanied by a handful of great cuts . It was rushed and received negative reviews when it came out. A lot of his music , if you listen to it nowadays , is very dated .

Dude, apologize to yourself!! You serious? You're probably talking about The Source when you say bad reviews, they dissed Dogg Food and didn't even rate Chronic or Doggystyle classics. Anyways, my top ten (and I'm South African so I'm limited) in no particular order... Btw Westcoast Rappers are a lot like South African blacks and Coloured (mixed race people) so we're lonely without y'all in the mainstream. And we love The Game!!!!!! Since The Aftermath/ Eminem+50 Cent era my big homies don't even listen to hip hop.

Chronic by Dr Dre
Doggystyle by Snoop Doggy Dogg (or No Limit Top Dogg  8)by Snoop Dogg)
All Eyez On Me by 2pac
The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory by Makaveli :o
Dogg Food by Tha Dogg Pound
Safe + Sound (or Rhythm-a-lism) by DJ Quik
We Come Strapped or (Last Man Standing) by MC Eiht
Amerikka's Nightmare by Spice 1
Can You Feel Me by Dru Down
It's On (Dr. Dre) 187 Um Killa by Eazy E

11 Would be Doctor's Advocate by The Game

Mista Rosa

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2009, 03:54:53 AM »