Author Topic: Top 10 ± West coast classic albums  (Read 1897 times)

Blasphemy

Re: Top 10 ± West coast classic albums
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 04:17:06 AM »
2Pac never had a great album from top to bottom. "Makaveli " was not a great album , it had 4 good cuts and was a let down ( everyone I knew was disappointed with that shit when it dropped ) . "All Eyez on Me " was a mess. It had a lot of filler accompanied by a handful of great cuts . It was rushed and received negative reviews when it came out. A lot of his music , if you listen to it nowadays , is very dated .

You officially don't know shit, you retarded bastard. Congratulations on officially making your self look like the most ignorant mother fucker on these boards.

While his earlier efforts were good, they weren't Critically acclaimed successes.Even if they did spark controversy.

Me Against The World is were Tupac officially launched into Stardom. Majority of Tupac Fans say That was the first album they got of him (Me mine was 2PACALYPSE NOW, and I just move on from their stopping at Makaveli).

Me Against The World was a critically acclaimed success becoming universally liked winning 4 Mics back when the source wasn't bullshit and actually a respectable publication. It was Tupac's First Album to have a effect in Rap, with many praising the emotion point into it.Also bring to populer lite the "Me Against The World" type mindstate (which rappers will now exploit).

All Eyez On Me is only 1 of 4 albums to go Diamond, has Managed a 5 outta 5 Mics by the Source when it was released, and is consider a classic with in rap. Only thing critics didn't like was the fact all the hits were on the first disk, and the second was filler.

Makaveli - Was praised for its raw aggression, and was praised for its deep and extremely dark and weird content.

I don't even need to go on. You've officially lost your posting privileges, get the fuck off this board.

Paul

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 06:46:49 AM »

You officially don't know shit, you retarded bastard.

haha
funkyfreshintheflesh

Play Dirty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 07:14:27 AM »
2Pac never had a great album from top to bottom. "Makaveli " was not a great album , it had 4 good cuts and was a let down ( everyone I knew was disappointed with that shit when it dropped ) . "All Eyez on Me " was a mess. It had a lot of filler accompanied by a handful of great cuts . It was rushed and received negative reviews when it came out. A lot of his music , if you listen to it nowadays , is very dated .

Dude, apologize to yourself!! You serious? You're probably talking about The Source when you say bad reviews, they dissed Dogg Food and didn't even rate Chronic or Doggystyle classics. Anyways, my top ten (and I'm South African so I'm limited) in no particular order... Btw Westcoast Rappers are a lot like South African blacks and Coloured (mixed race people) so we're lonely without y'all in the mainstream. And we love The Game!!!!!! Since The Aftermath/ Eminem+50 Cent era my big homies don't even listen to hip hop.

Chronic by Dr Dre
Doggystyle by Snoop Doggy Dogg (or No Limit Top Dogg  8)by Snoop Dogg)
All Eyez On Me by 2pac
The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory by Makaveli :o
Dogg Food by Tha Dogg Pound
Safe + Sound (or Rhythm-a-lism) by DJ Quik
We Come Strapped or (Last Man Standing) by MC Eiht
Amerikka's Nightmare by Spice 1
Can You Feel Me by Dru Down
It's On (Dr. Dre) 187 Um Killa by Eazy E

11 Would be Doctor's Advocate by The Game

Oh sorry, I love Dru Down, but I must replace with Westside Connection, Bow Down. I don't know how I forgot that!! Sorry Don Mega!! Fuck it, I would place that write next to Dogg Food!! They really took it to the East Coast and I'll always feel that simply because regional politics destroyed good music, even in my country. In Fact, Westside Connection is the one group that has a perfect record in terms of quality. Both albums are bananas!! Ice Cube even improved on the second one!! Westssssiiiide!!

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 08:01:37 AM »
My list, no order

1. Kokane - Funk Upon A Rhyme( Realy, im i the only one who think this is a classic?)
2. Nate Dogg - G-Funk Classics Vol.1 & 2
3. Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
4. Dr.Dre - The Chronic
5. Foesum - Perfection
6. Above The Law - Uncle Sam`s Curse
7. N.W.A - Straight Outta Compton
8. Ice Cube - Lethal Injection
9. WC And The Maad Circle - Aint A Damn Thing Changed
10. DJ Quik - Safe + Sound

Some more i could easily put on the list to
Westside Connectin - Bow Down
2Pac - All Eyes On Me
Warren G - Regulate .. G Funk Era
Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Food

Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

DOPE, GUNS AND RELIGION

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 08:27:02 AM »
ice cube - death certificate
brotha lynch hung - loaded
e-40 - in a major way
above the law - uncle sams curse
dr. dre - the chronic
c-bo - tales from the crypt
dj quik - safe + sound
husalah - hustlin since da 80s
seagram - reality check
the jack - the jack artist

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2009, 04:26:01 PM »
Slayer - Reign In Blood (1986)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2009, 04:57:15 PM »
dameonz

have you actually listened to a 2pac album before?  like one before he DIED...not Loyal to the game?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2009, 05:37:54 PM »
lol you a fool chad
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2009, 05:53:09 PM »
dameonz

have you actually listened to a 2pac album before?  like one before he DIED...not Loyal to the game?

what? pac's dead? how come no one told me? first ya'll forgot to tell tanji that dre produced relapse and now this.
I want to speak to the manager,I want my money back.

ok let me transfer you to my boss in India

please hold...and we thank you for choosing Hack Wilson
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

oak20land510-415

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2009, 06:03:14 PM »
Luniz - Operation Stackola
3xkrazy - Stacking Chips
Dru Down - Explicit Game & Can You Feel Me
2pac - All Eyez On Me
E-40 - In a Major Way
Richie Rich - Seasoned Veteran
Snoop Dogg - Doggy Style
Dre - The Chronic
Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
Yukmouth - Thugged Out

dameons

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2009, 08:37:46 PM »
Yup .. As a matter of fact , I was a fan as soon as he dropped "Trapped " , his first single from his very first album ( I saw him on "Same Song " before that ,but I wasn't blown away by him on that cut ) . I saw Digital Underground in concert in '90 , and Tupac was a dancer on stage . Go back and listen to his shit . For every good cut he made , he made 4 average or bad ones .His persona was what made him larger than life. He was well spoken, handsome , and a real thug all at the same time . Combine that with a few monster hits from average albums , and that is what made him a legend. No classic albums from top to bottom ( maybe "Me Against the World " was close , MAYBE ).

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2009, 08:42:09 PM »
interestin, so you think pac doesnt have any classic albums?
(i guess includin the maybe candidate)

Yup .. As a matter of fact , I was a fan as soon as he dropped "Trapped " , his first single from his very first album ( I saw him on "Same Song " before that ,but I wasn't blown away by him on that cut ) . I saw Digital Underground in concert in '90 , and Tupac was a dancer on stage . Go back and listen to his shit . For every good cut he made , he made 4 average or bad ones .His persona was what made him larger than life. He was well spoken, handsome , and a real thug all at the same time . Combine that with a few monster hits from average albums , and that is what made him a legend. No classic albums from top to bottom ( maybe "Me Against the World " was close , MAYBE ).
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2009, 08:43:12 PM »
I also forgot to mention "Copium" by Keak Da Sneak , which is in the top 15 for sure.

None of Keak da Sneak's albums can be considered classic because he never blew up or had an impact on the hip hop genre. A classic means an album that has stood the test of time, not your personal opinion. Might as well change this topic to "people's favorite west coast albums."

maybe you should check the first post, to see what this topic is all about

maybe u should stop bein so gay

dameons

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2009, 08:46:52 PM »
Let me guess , you also think his movies are classic too ( LOL) . He was the best at combining musical and movie talent with street toughness , that's for sure . His loud ass mouth eventually got his - small man complex having ass - capped up . He was an idiot .

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2009, 08:48:20 PM »
Let me guess , you also think his movies are classic too ( LOL) . He was the best at combining musical and movie talent with street toughness , that's for sure . His loud ass mouth eventually got his - small man complex having ass - capped up . He was an idiot .

LOL your such a moron. go think "keak da sneak" is a better rapper than 2pac LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

i think some of his movies were GREAT (Juice, Gridlockd)

not a big fan of above the rim or poetic justice....