Author Topic: NAS linked up with Beastie Boys?  (Read 457 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: NAS linked up with Beastie Boys?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 01:52:08 PM »
rock a stadium of suburbanite's who listen to pop radio sure

You're an idiot for saying that.  Every single hip hop act today attracts your so-called "suburbanites." That's the point, hip hop crosses barriers.  And you want to make a stupid statement like that after all the history that the Beastie Boys have contributed to?  Why don't you go look up some interviews with what you would call "real" hip hop heads from over the years, and see what they say about the Beastie Boys.  Guaranteed, they show love and give respect where it's due. 

On another note, Beastie and Nas (who I'm not sure if they recorded a track yet, Beastie doesn't say in this interview --> http://fuse.tv/tours/bonnaroo-09/) are gonna be shown in that performance on Fuse this Saturday at 9/8c.  I"m def going to check it out, and plus Snoop performed at the same fest and his set is getting aired that same night too.  I heard Q-Tip rolled out with him.

Hmmm, I know a few "suburbanites" that like Snoop... does that mean he's whack too?  Interesting theory.

Props +1 mr. show. we seem to be on alot of the same points.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 02:06:25 PM »

You're an idiot for saying that.  Every single hip hop act today attracts your so-called "suburbanites." That's the point, hip hop crosses barriers.  And you want to make a stupid statement like that after all the history that the Beastie Boys have contributed to?  Why don't you go look up some interviews with what you would call "real" hip hop heads from over the years, and see what they say about the Beastie Boys.  Guaranteed, they show love and give respect where it's due.  

On another note, Beastie and Nas (who I'm not sure if they recorded a track yet, Beastie doesn't say in this interview --> http://fuse.tv/tours/bonnaroo-09/) are gonna be shown in that performance on Fuse this Saturday at 9/8c.  I"m def going to check it out, and plus Snoop performed at the same fest and his set is getting aired that same night too.  I heard Q-Tip rolled out with him.

Hmmm, I know a few "suburbanites" that like Snoop... does that mean he's whack too?  Interesting theory.

how's this for b etter elaboration:  i used to DJ on the air for an alternative rock station....guess what rap groups we played?  we had 10 songs by beastie boys and ONE SONG BY REV-RUN BECAUSE HE DROPPED A 5 SECOND TAG FOR US  ::)

beastie boys are great music makers, but as emcees they suck.  and i know that when listening to their music...which i still like the classic shit.   their biggest fans are in their 30's typically.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Citizen-Y

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 04:14:14 PM »
I hope not, Beastie Boys suck ass. Yeah tell me about some legendary status, they still just some talentless crap making joke songs.
this just shows you don't know crap at all about music or hip hop . the beastie boys have alot of talent & are better then any new school. beastie boy don't make all joke songs . if it was not for beastie boys ,white boys like you would not be allowed in hip hop ..beastie boys are great . you have lost your hip hop pass.
Yeah right, Beastie Boys have so much talent compared to Saigon or Crooked I. You are so damn right, I don't know crap about music because I aint feeling people with influential status.  :laugh:

I'll take Paul's Boutique over any Crooked I album, which isn't hard since he doesn't have one.

LOL  yes, nasily white rappers > the king of the coast  ::)

The king of what?  Crooked I can't even get a record out the door, he's the king of false hopes and promises.  The Beastie Boys are legends that crossover several musical genres.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 04:44:02 PM »
they don't use multi's, half of their songs are not rap music and when they do rap they talk about the most obscure things with catchy hooks.... very.  disposable music

who the hell cares about record sales?  it's the music that counts
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Citizen-Y

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 05:20:02 PM »
they don't use multi's, half of their songs are not rap music and when they do rap they talk about the most obscure things with catchy hooks.... very.  disposable music

who the hell cares about record sales?  it's the music that counts

Maybe they should rap about packing heat, killing people and selling coke to please you.

In A Real Way

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 08:58:45 PM »
crooked I can demolish and MC on the street corner in long beach, true.

Beastie Boys can rock a fucking stadium.

there's a difference.

I like them both but I'm just tryna be real....

-T

haha so true

mistershow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 12:21:18 PM »

You're an idiot for saying that.  Every single hip hop act today attracts your so-called "suburbanites." That's the point, hip hop crosses barriers.  And you want to make a stupid statement like that after all the history that the Beastie Boys have contributed to?  Why don't you go look up some interviews with what you would call "real" hip hop heads from over the years, and see what they say about the Beastie Boys.  Guaranteed, they show love and give respect where it's due. 

On another note, Beastie and Nas (who I'm not sure if they recorded a track yet, Beastie doesn't say in this interview --> http://fuse.tv/tours/bonnaroo-09/) are gonna be shown in that performance on Fuse this Saturday at 9/8c.  I"m def going to check it out, and plus Snoop performed at the same fest and his set is getting aired that same night too.  I heard Q-Tip rolled out with him.

Hmmm, I know a few "suburbanites" that like Snoop... does that mean he's whack too?  Interesting theory.

Props +1 mr. show. we seem to be on alot of the same points.

-T

Definitely man, well put.

mistershow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 12:24:04 PM »

You're an idiot for saying that.  Every single hip hop act today attracts your so-called "suburbanites." That's the point, hip hop crosses barriers.  And you want to make a stupid statement like that after all the history that the Beastie Boys have contributed to?  Why don't you go look up some interviews with what you would call "real" hip hop heads from over the years, and see what they say about the Beastie Boys.  Guaranteed, they show love and give respect where it's due.  

On another note, Beastie and Nas (who I'm not sure if they recorded a track yet, Beastie doesn't say in this interview --> http://fuse.tv/tours/bonnaroo-09/) are gonna be shown in that performance on Fuse this Saturday at 9/8c.  I"m def going to check it out, and plus Snoop performed at the same fest and his set is getting aired that same night too.  I heard Q-Tip rolled out with him.

Hmmm, I know a few "suburbanites" that like Snoop... does that mean he's whack too?  Interesting theory.

how's this for b etter elaboration:  i used to DJ on the air for an alternative rock station....guess what rap groups we played?  we had 10 songs by beastie boys and ONE SONG BY REV-RUN BECAUSE HE DROPPED A 5 SECOND TAG FOR US  ::)

beastie boys are great music makers, but as emcees they suck.  and i know that when listening to their music...which i still like the classic shit.   their biggest fans are in their 30's typically.

Homie, that's because Beastie Boys have a greater level of rock and PUNK influence in their production and vocals... so naturally, ROCK fans might gravitate or be more prone to vibe with a rock/punk influenced hip hop group.  It's not rocket science, I'm a dee-jay myself.  The fact that you weren't able to figure out why THOSE were the songs you played on an alternative station is a little strange.  Gotta pick up on that type of stuff, ya know.