Author Topic: Why do people think the old 50 is any different from the new 50?  (Read 327 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

He made love songs back then, he rapped about being a gangster, and he rapped about money. Pretty much the same topics he raps about nowadays. His lyrical ability hasn't really changed. The only difference is his production and he sounds a little less hungry. So why do people act like he's suddenly changed from being good to being bad? Could it be people have just gotten tired of his shtick?

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Why do people think the old 50 is any different from the new 50?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 03:02:17 PM »
He wasn't making love songs on his mixtapes prior to Get Rich or Die Trying, and he was definately dope back then. After all, Em and Dre wouldn't have gave him a million just to sign otherwise.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 03:41:24 PM »
50's always been down with the r&b, smooth style.   
The Glow of a Thug -

He only had a couple tracks before blowing up about women but I always thought it made sense.  The women came once he blew up so he wanted to attract them. 

Here are the reasons why,

1.  I'm still a fan and listen to his music but he doesn't spit like this anymore:   
The passion is missing in the vocals.  You can hear him sound hungry.    It started leaving post Get Rich.  I actually think this is the biggest reason people ain't feeling him as much.   Dude just doesn't sound the same when he spits.

2. 50 dissed Ja Rule for all those pop orientated women songs then made songs like Amusement Park and Candy Shop.  He essentially jocked Ja's style with those.

3. 50 and Unit been in so many damn beefs he done alienated his own fans.  And the bullshit with Game which should've been handled behind close doors.  That is, 50 shouldn't have said it out in public that Game was out of the Unit, he should've been more political.  Besides 50 made a really poor career choice with this move.  He could've held the industry on lock by having Game stay on G-Unit records.   
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Big B

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 03:47:52 PM »
its because he wanted to make hits back then.

now he just wants to remake hits.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 04:24:50 PM »
That's actually the problem if you ask me. He rarely shows growth, which all comes from his ridiculous statement that you mustn't show emotions on records because it makes you vulnerable to other rappers. Considering Eminem is his mentor and the guy is known for his introspective songs that makes no sense. And he has so much topics to rap about: being called a snitch, old hood buddies, ex G-Unit members, Interscope records, baby momma drama, pressure of the fame...

He touched some of those subjects in "Burn" which is his best song since Hustler Ambition imo.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 05:05:52 PM »
That's actually the problem if you ask me. He rarely shows growth, which all comes from his ridiculous statement that you mustn't show emotions on records because it makes you vulnerable to other rappers. Considering Eminem is his mentor and the guy is known for his introspective songs that makes no sense. And he has so much topics to rap about: being called a snitch, old hood buddies, ex G-Unit members, Interscope records, baby momma drama, pressure of the fame...

He touched some of those subjects in "Burn" which is his best song since Hustler Ambition imo.

I agree with you.  If he really did write Hate It Or Love It, which I believe he did, then he should've released that for his single on The Massacre.  His first came off as super personal and confessional.

The video for Many Men is easily in my top ten rap videos,

Aye, did a no dj dirty version of Burn leak?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 05:15:01 PM »

Did this track ever leak in CDQ? Shit was dope...

I think it's the fact that like everyones saying, he lost all his hunger, and just doesn't sound as raw anymore... He didn't become like Ja Rule, he never tried to harmonize lol, but he did sell out. I Get Money is still his dopest banger in a long time, simply cos it sounded different...

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 05:18:18 PM »
50 was hot, now hes just cold product....simple as that

He didnt change, and thats his problem.....thts the problem with most artists who show no lyrical progress, fans hear the same shit, so that shits not hot anymore.....

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 05:42:47 PM »
He wasn't making love songs on his mixtapes prior to Get Rich or Die Trying, and he was definately dope back then. After all, Em and Dre wouldn't have gave him a million just to sign otherwise.

Fact. Power of the Dollar had several love songs on it.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 10:11:04 PM »
Of course he is the same, i think people are juts growing tired. its normal its a process same happened with ice cube, dre,snoop, dmx, jigga, ja rule and same will with Lil Wayne

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 10:34:40 PM »
its because he wanted to make hits back then.

now he just wants to remake hits.

Yah...he aint trying to make new fresh shit, hes trying so hard to re-create his old shit, sounds pathetic!!!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 11:17:27 PM »
back when gangsta rap was still the shit, he was runnin' with it.

then on Massacre he realized Lollipop was one of the biggest singles in music, so he kind of never stopped taking that route once he blew up gettin' away with it.

he still raps about some gangsta shit, but it isn't as hard as he use to be & it's so clear.

but back in the day with Power of The Dollar & Get Rich or Die Tryin', he was just killin' it & don't even front people were making comparisons to Tupac lol.

i guess his style never really changed or his swag, but he was such a better artist back when he was hungry & it's beyond noticable.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 11:27:23 PM »
The problem is and has been with 50 for a while is that he looks at music as a formula and he has the winning plan every time out to win over fans. The problem is when or if it does not work he makes excuses. Yes alot of his success on some singles was him going against Interscope and leaking tracks on his own. Now he should just give up on trying to make another In The Club and just concentrate on making a dope record period. If it catches on in the club, great. If not, cool.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 11:50:21 PM »
^lol, yeah; 50 truly believes that one day he will make something that tops In Da Club & he hasn't come close.

not even with Outta Control OG or Remix & both of those records are dope as FUCK! 8)

just concentrate on making a dope record period.

word.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 04:10:29 PM »
lol, wow... power of the dollar 50 is a completely different rapper than 09 50