Author Topic: Phil Jackson Fined 25 G's  (Read 179 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Phil Jackson Fined 25 G's
« on: June 13, 2009, 04:03:13 PM »
but I want to know what it was that he said?......

NEW YORK, June 13, 2009 -- Los Angeles Lakers head coach Phil Jackson has been fined $25,000 for criticizing game officials, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations. The Lakers were also fined $25,000 for their coach's comments.

Jackson and the Lakers have been fined for his comments made on camera between the 1st and 2nd periods during Game 4 of The Finals.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Phil Jackson Fined 25 G's
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 04:23:35 PM »
i think that's retarded to fine someone for criticizing officiating.  that should be against the law.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 05:30:46 PM »
i knew he would get fined when i saw it...he made a statement about "bogus calls" going against the Lakers and getting the bigs in foul trouble early. real shit.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 05:53:54 PM »
i think that's retarded to fine someone for criticizing officiating.  that should be against the law.

the only thing is, when you fine for criticizing the refs...thats a clear line you can draw. If you allow coaches and players to bash the refs...where will they be able to draw the line.  Understand that EVERY coach thinks his team gets the short end of the calls...and damn near every superstar aswell.  Youd have CONSTANT bitching by coaches and players to the media that would hurt the integrity of the league.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"