Author Topic: As You Go Through Life On A Daily Basis....  (Read 378 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
As You Go Through Life On A Daily Basis....
« on: June 13, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »
......do you ever just sit back and think to yourself that you're the smartest person in the world?

Seriously. I'm not trying to be cocky or arrogant or anything like that, but just from dealing with the people that I deal with on a daily basis, seeing the decisions that they make, the lack of common sense that they should've been born with (but obviously weren't), seeing the position I have put myself in already at a young age in life, after not beng born with a silver spoon, I just really think this way sometimes.

Sometimes I really think that the way I think about certain situations is too complex to try explaining to others, and on the rare occasion I do try to play "teacher", most people still just can't comprehend.

Maybe I'm not the smartest when it comes to just booksmarts....maybe not the smartest when it comes to street smarts...but just from a full-circle look, at life overall, I feel like just about no one can tell me anything about life. I know that's not true because I'm always interested in learning anything, but I just really feel like this a lot.

Does anyone else ever think this way as well?

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: As You Go Through Life On A Daily Basis....
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 05:59:19 PM »
Nope.

The moment you truly believe you are the smartest person in the world is the moment you stop allowing yourself to learn from others. I make it a point to NEVER believe I am THE BEST at something. I can learn about life from the richest man in the world, and from the homeless man down the street just the same.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »
......do you ever just sit back and think to yourself that you're the smartest person in the world?

Seriously. I'm not trying to be cocky or arrogant or anything like that, but just from dealing with the people that I deal with on a daily basis, seeing the decisions that they make, the lack of common sense that they should've been born with (but obviously weren't), seeing the position I have put myself in already at a young age in life, after not beng born with a silver spoon, I just really think this way sometimes.

Sometimes I really think that the way I think about certain situations is too complex to try explaining to others, and on the rare occasion I do try to play "teacher", most people still just can't comprehend.

Maybe I'm not the smartest when it comes to just booksmarts....maybe not the smartest when it comes to street smarts...but just from a full-circle look, at life overall, I feel like just about no one can tell me anything about life. I know that's not true because I'm always interested in learning anything, but I just really feel like this a lot.

nah...but i get what youre saying.

some people just need to get their tongues cut off based on the STUPID shit they say. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 08:44:58 PM »
^^ Props to both of you for your input.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 12:22:28 AM »

nah i don't really feel that way, but sometimes i think i'm blessed with my brains 8)
so i get what you're saying

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 01:49:52 AM »
If any of us were the smartest people in the world, we wouldn't be posting here. That's the truth.

I know what you mean though. A lot of people are stupid as shit and don't use the common sense that was given to them. They're hard headed.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 10:09:01 AM »
Props to Dre-Day & Sikotic as well for understanding what I'm getting at. I KNOW I'm not the smartest person in the world, but damn-near every day there is someone that makes me feel like I am.

Big B

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 10:38:46 AM »
Nope.

The moment you truly believe you are the smartest person in the world is the moment you stop allowing yourself to learn from others. I make it a point to NEVER believe I am THE BEST at something. I can learn about life from the richest man in the world, and from the homeless man down the street just the same.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 11:27:55 AM »
Smartest person in the world? lol hell no, there are people out there inventing all types of advanced technology that i probably couldn't even work, let alone think of how to actually build it.

J Bananas

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 12:20:12 PM »

No. How old are you?

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 04:51:34 PM »
Wow, prime example right here.  ::)

The first several posters in this thread are reading between the lines & get what I'm shooting for here.

The last couple posters must've taken the thought of "I know I'm the smartest person in the world" to heart. It's not like that. I said I KNOW I'm not, but my question was do you ever FEEL that way?

If I was working side by side with brain surgeons, rocket scientists, etc obviously I wouldn't feel the same way.....but I'm not within either of those profressions (or anything close), so it was more or less me expressing my displeasure with the lack of thought people let pass through their head these days.

J Bananas

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 05:30:53 PM »
You just need to spend more time with people who are older and/or have seen more than you. Observe their actions and reactions. You might be surprised.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 05:37:17 PM »
You just need to spend more time with people who are older and/or have seen more than you. Observe their actions and reactions. You might be surprised.
James WTF? Doesn't have the swagg like J , Joe, or Joey
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

J Bananas

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 05:42:06 PM »
James WTF? Doesn't have the swagg like J , Joe, or Joey

exactly.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 05:44:15 PM »
That's not always the answer though. I think it has to do with my all-around surroundings. I mean, most of the people (90% or so) that I "manage" in my line of work are older than me, yet I've managed to get further in life (at this point) then them.

Hell, for all I know maybe their just really happy with the position they're in, and that'd be all good (that should be the # 1 goal for everybody), but then when all I hear is them whining & complaining that they can't pay their rent this month, or their cell phone is getting shut off, etc I can't help but shake my head. True, I don't know their entire situation, but I hear it so often that I almost feel that I do. Just my opinion though.