Author Topic: HAHA THE WEST STILL CAN'T MAKE A HIT...  (Read 1436 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: HAHA THE WEST STILL CAN'T MAKE A HIT...
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »
Seriously, lil wayne? If you want to argue that west coast rap is whack then lil wayne is the last rapper you want to be bringing up. Fuck talking about his sexuality, how about that most of what he puts out is hot garbage?
It's not much of an argument that west coast rap is a joke in 2009. It's pretty much unanimous. Anyone disagreeing must be deaf or have low standards.

Depends on who youre listenin to. I only fuck with shit that aint mainstream, which in rap, mainstream music is usually the worst. But Lil Wayne is as big of a joke as theres ever been in rap music lol. Its hard for me to believe KAIN actually likes the shit. I tend to think he posts it up here more to be annoying then anything.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sparegeez

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2009, 01:27:13 PM »
kain you're trippin the music that is being made by artists in the west coast(mostly the bay area, since you don't even know these artists names its pretty much useless to even start debating with you) is 100XX better than any of the shit in the east midwest or south. If anything hip hop is dead because of these regions. I dont even listen to the radio anymore man, not one hip hop station. And when I do they play shitty songs by lil wayne, kanye west and other sellout artists making pop music. Bruh if anything west coast music is keeping this shit alive

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2009, 01:53:07 PM »
I don't judge regional rap based on the songs I hear on the radio because radio is so limited in what it plays. That's why I don't hate on the south. I can hate on certain artists from the south but they have their own underground scene that I'm not up on. I could make a list of west coast rappers KAIN has probably never heard of because he isn't up on the west coast. He hears Snoop on the radio and sees other people on here talking about Crooked I and thinks that qualifies him to speak on west coast rap. But all it does is make him out to be an idiot.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 01:58:15 PM by rapsodie »

Sikotic™

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2009, 02:49:40 PM »
Seriously, lil wayne? If you want to argue that west coast rap is whack then lil wayne is the last rapper you want to be bringing up. Fuck talking about his sexuality, how about that most of what he puts out is hot garbage?
It's not much of an argument that west coast rap is a joke in 2009. It's pretty much unanimous. Anyone disagreeing must be deaf or have low standards.

who are you listening to?
Not much in terms of rap. Anything mentally and audibly stimulating. Lately, I've been hooked up with some Jazz and soem shit from Spaina nd Russia.

The last "hip-hop" albums I really liked were the Untitled Nas album and the new K-OS (if you even wanna consider that hip-hop). I still keep up with the new shit through my younger brother, but I just don't feel it.

So if you aren't even listening to it, how do you qualify to make the statement that west coast rap is a joke in 09?

Del - Funk Man
The Grouch & Eligh - Say G&E!
Zion I - The Takeover
B Real - Smoke n Mirrors
Blu - Her Favorite Colour
Superstar Quamallah - Invisible Man

all dope releases this year.
Like I said,I have been keeping up with some shit. I forgot about the new Zion I, that is a dope album. Didn't care much for the B-Real or Del album personally. I'll give those other cats a listen as well. Thanks for the heads up.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2009, 05:09:03 PM »

who are you listening to?
Not much in terms of rap. Anything mentally and audibly stimulating. Lately, I've been hooked up with some Jazz and soem shit from Spaina nd Russia.

The last "hip-hop" albums I really liked were the Untitled Nas album and the new K-OS (if you even wanna consider that hip-hop). I still keep up with the new shit through my younger brother, but I just don't feel it.

So if you aren't even listening to it, how do you qualify to make the statement that west coast rap is a joke in 09?

Del - Funk Man
The Grouch & Eligh - Say G&E!
Zion I - The Takeover
B Real - Smoke n Mirrors
Blu - Her Favorite Colour
Superstar Quamallah - Invisible Man

all dope releases this year.

exactly..the peeps hating on west coast rap dont even bother bumpin the real shit....not to say that west coast rap is in the glory days, but there's still always good shit comin out.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2009, 05:09:51 PM »
kain you're trippin the music that is being made by artists in the west coast(mostly the bay area, since you don't even know these artists names its pretty much useless to even start debating with you) is 100XX better than any of the shit in the east midwest or south. If anything hip hop is dead because of these regions. I dont even listen to the radio anymore man, not one hip hop station. And when I do they play shitty songs by lil wayne, kanye west and other sellout artists making pop music. Bruh if anything west coast music is keeping this shit alive

real shit

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2009, 06:18:40 PM »
Westcoast rap used to be great but it is horrible now besides a few rappers.  Never should of jacked the South with that hyphy BS :nawty:

Sometimes I am embarrassed to live on the westcoast with the majority of the rap that comes from here :-\

DIP DIP SET SET

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2009, 06:29:36 PM »
damn yeah i guess they did jack the south
blame e-40 and the others followin the lead
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2009, 06:29:39 PM »
Westcoast rap used to be great but it is horrible now besides a few rappers.  Never should of jacked the South with that hyphy BS :nawty:

Sometimes I am embarrassed to live on the westcoast with the majority of the rap that comes from here :-\

LOL @ being embarrassed of where you live cause of the music scene.  

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2009, 08:53:42 PM »
Westcoast rap used to be great but it is horrible now besides a few rappers.  Never should of jacked the South with that hyphy BS :nawty:

LOL@thinkin the bay jocked the south. :-X

Commercial rap, in general, is fucked...underground west coast rap is way better than most other shit.

MediumL

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2009, 06:18:13 AM »
how can people wanna fuck lady gaga. shes a hamaphordite or whatea its called. thats just weird imo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2009, 10:13:53 AM »
Whats funny is, music on the West now isnt really worse then it was 10-15 yrs ago. Its just that 10-15 yrs ago you had added excitement and pride when listening to it because it was the hot thing then. The quality of the rappers hasnt gotten worse for sure, and musically the only major difference is Dre isnt involved and there isnt the commercial backing that we had before. Anybody saying that the West puts out shitty music now, but loved it 10 yrs ago, is just following the lead of idiots who dont actually pay attention to the music itself...and rather listen to what they here on the radio or from out of town haters who at some point bit our style to get ahead.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

universe

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2009, 10:20:39 AM »
MAKE YOUR EXCUSES.

IF THE WEST WAS WORTH INVESTING, THEY WOULD THROW MONEY AT IT.

universe

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2009, 10:34:57 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-cRC0ToM1I&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/r-cRC0ToM1I&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

;)

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2009, 10:37:59 AM »
MAKE YOUR EXCUSES.

IF THE WEST WAS WORTH INVESTING, THEY WOULD THROW MONEY AT IT.

Its understood that making music for females and little kids makes more money then making music that appeals to 15+ yr old males. Thats why money is thrown at the South so much now, and even the East. They make radio friendly music for kids or bitches.  Youre too old to be a kid...that only leaves one category for u to fall into  ;)