Author Topic: HAHA THE WEST STILL CAN'T MAKE A HIT...  (Read 1435 times)

universe

Re: HAHA THE WEST STILL CAN'T MAKE A HIT...
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2009, 10:43:36 AM »
MAKE YOUR EXCUSES.

IF THE WEST WAS WORTH INVESTING, THEY WOULD THROW MONEY AT IT.

Its understood that making music for females and little kids makes more money then making music that appeals to 15+ yr old males. Thats why money is thrown at the South so much now, and even the East. They make radio friendly music for kids or bitches.  Youre too old to be a kid...that only leaves one category for u to fall into  ;)

:sleep:

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2009, 01:05:11 PM »
just because your song gets played on the radio..or is #1 on mtv, or whatever, it DOESNT mean its good music.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

MediumL

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2009, 01:07:31 PM »
tbh alot of west coast music is the same as its been since nwa came out. shit gets repetitive after a while and people point to old classics if they wanna listen to that style of music. everynow and then a west coast rapper will get some success as people always like a little bit of west coast gangster rap about.

but i listen to some of the music and it sounds out dated - the south has the newest sound and if the west coast upped their game with new sounds (aka khalil, dready etc) they could do well again.

plus u know the coasts suffering when its top selling artist struggles to gold.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Sparegeez

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2009, 01:14:23 PM »
just because your song gets played on the radio..or is #1 on mtv, or whatever, it DOESNT mean its good music.

If that's his opinion than let it be

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2009, 01:17:20 PM »

he is saying the west doesnt have good music cause we dont make hits. 

and so what if its his opinion?  im not allowed to disagree? 

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2009, 01:18:17 PM »

exactly lol  Who is it that watches MTV and listens to the radio anyways? lol Teenage girls.

Thats like saying if Adam Sandler puts out a movie that is doing better at the box office then the new Denzel Washington movie, Sandler must be a better actor lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

J Bananas

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2009, 01:41:46 PM »
lol. wtf. omg. kain im so mad at u dawg. u a girl.

'EclipZe

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2009, 01:49:03 PM »
I would hit that (meaning gaga).

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2009, 02:02:09 PM »

This is true and I also hate hip hop on the radio, I refuse to listen to it.  All I am saying is in the year 2009 the majority of westcoast rap is garbage IMO.  I am a big fan of Yukmouth, Ya Boy, Crooked I and Bishop Lamont but there are not a whole lot of other westcoast rappers that are consistently making music that is impressing me right now.  Rappers like Kurupt and Snoop for example have been terrible for years and are still worshipped by westcoast fans like they are still making good music, that is the problem with westcoast rap and it is due to their fans.  Everyone hangs on to the old and refuses to move on and even give the majority of new rappers a chance.

DIP DIP SET SET

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2009, 02:09:14 PM »

This is true and I also hate hip hop on the radio, I refuse to listen to it.  All I am saying is in the year 2009 the majority of westcoast rap is garbage IMO.  I am a big fan of Yukmouth, Ya Boy, Crooked I and Bishop Lamont but there are not a whole lot of other westcoast rappers that are consistently making music that is impressing me right now.  Rappers like Kurupt and Snoop for example have been terrible for years and are still worshipped by westcoast fans like they are still making good music, that is the problem with westcoast rap and it is due to their fans.  Everyone hangs on to the old and refuses to move on and even give the majority of new rappers a chance.

this is true.  every time i go into the westcoast section i stay there for about a minute..maybe two..i cant stand all these old boring threads about the 'glory days'.  

in addition to those you mentioned, i also dig Dialated peoples, sick jacken, la coka nostra (they not from LA, but theyre LA transplants), g malone, muggs, murs, defari, planet asia. etc etc...and of course, DAZ, KURUPT, 2PAC, DR. DRE, SNOOP, AND EAZY E ;D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 02:23:01 PM by Something WyKiD This Way Comes »

Sparegeez

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2009, 02:11:32 PM »

he is saying the west doesnt have good music cause we dont make hits. 

and so what if its his opinion?  im not allowed to disagree? 

Im just saying there's no point in trying to make kain realize what we see, its kain bruh he's been like this for years.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2009, 02:14:08 PM »

This is true and I also hate hip hop on the radio, I refuse to listen to it.  All I am saying is in the year 2009 the majority of westcoast rap is garbage IMO.  I am a big fan of Yukmouth, Ya Boy, Crooked I and Bishop Lamont but there are not a whole lot of other westcoast rappers that are consistently making music that is impressing me right now.  Rappers like Kurupt and Snoop for example have been terrible for years and are still worshipped by westcoast fans like they are still making good music, that is the problem with westcoast rap and it is due to their fans.  Everyone hangs on to the old and refuses to move on and even give the majority of new rappers a chance.

this is true.  every time i go into the westcoast section i stay there for about a minute..maybe two..i cant stand all these old boring threads about the 'glory days'. 

Yeah no doubt man

DIP DIP SET SET

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2009, 02:34:34 PM »
MAKE YOUR EXCUSES.

LMAO@thinking the best music gets the best marketing :stupid:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2009, 02:37:17 PM »
MAKE YOUR EXCUSES.

Its understood that making music for females and little kids makes more money then making music that appeals to 15+ yr old males. Thats why money is thrown at the South so much now, and even the East. They make radio friendly music for kids or bitches.  Youre too old to be a kid...that only leaves one category for u to fall into  ;)
'

LOLLLL....KAIN thinks hes cool cuz he bumps whats in, not realizing that it's in because it appeals to 13 year old girls.

Sikotic™

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2009, 06:39:39 PM »
Someone said it best in here which I totally agree with about west coast rap: it's been repetitive for the past 10-15 years.

AND YES, there are exceptions. However, as a whole, you're getting the same thing in 1999 as in 2009 except 10 years ago it was better quality.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE