Author Topic: YANKEE STADIUM  (Read 955 times)

herpes

Re: YANKEE STADIUM
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 06:54:38 PM »
why is there no regulation size for a major league baseball field? LOL

it wasn't the size or dimensions, but there is an air stream that carries the ball which makes it easier to hit homeruns.

but different baseball fields have different dimensions, no? shouldnt there be a rule implemented against that to even shit out??

it goes back to when baseball first started out.  In the late 1800's and early 1900's.  Teams were giving these vast plots of land to build on, so they had to build stadiums that fit into whatever sized plot of land.  Thats why you never saw a stadium with the same OF dimensions.  So MLB decided to keep that tradition.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2009, 09:02:29 PM »

it wasn't the size or dimensions, but there is an air stream that carries the ball which makes it easier to hit homeruns.

but different baseball fields have different dimensions, no? shouldnt there be a rule implemented against that to even shit out??

it goes back to when baseball first started out.  In the late 1800's and early 1900's.  Teams were giving these vast plots of land to build on, so they had to build stadiums that fit into whatever sized plot of land.  Thats why you never saw a stadium with the same OF dimensions.  So MLB decided to keep that tradition.

I dunno...I think that baseball is a sport scared to get with the times. Bud Selig loves tradition, to a fault.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2009, 10:20:45 PM »

I dunno...I think that baseball is a sport scared to get with the times. Bud Selig loves tradition, to a fault.

thing is, the dimensions of new yankee stadium are EXACTLY the same as the old one.  the old one didnt have this problem.  it has to do with the wind stream..NOTHING to do with the dimensions.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2009, 08:05:16 AM »
Too bad Ruth didn't get to play in this one. That 60 maybe have been closer to 90.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2009, 09:30:13 AM »
Too bad Ruth didn't get to play in this one. That 60 maybe have been closer to 90.

Maris too.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2009, 09:42:38 AM »
Who dissed me? I liked being at 200. anyone wanna help me out?

Maris too.

By the time Maris had come in it had already gotten a bit smaller. Mainly at straight away centre, it was 490 for Ruth, 460 for Maris and Mantle. But that was the only major difference.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2009, 09:45:15 AM »
Who dissed me? I liked being at 200. anyone wanna help me out?

Maris too.

By the time Maris had come in it had already gotten a bit smaller. Mainly at straight away centre, it was 490 for Ruth, 460 for Maris and Mantle. But that was the only major difference.

now it's like 400, with the wind; Ruth, Maris & Mantle hit an easy 80 homeruns.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2009, 01:03:13 PM »
imagine this stadium during the prime of the steroid era! jesus, it would've been an even BIGGER joke than it is now.

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 02:00:29 PM »
imagine this stadium during the prime of the steroid era! jesus, it would've been an even BIGGER joke than it is now.

LOL damn I don't even wanna think about that

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2009, 02:25:45 PM »
Bonds in '01 playing 81 games in Yankee Stadium! :laugh:

95 easy.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2009, 02:42:53 PM »
its a good thing CC has that opt out clause, huh?

i dont see him wanting to stay in this extreme  hitters park.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2009, 02:51:43 PM »
Bonds in '01 playing 81 games in Yankee Stadium! :laugh:

95 easy.

Shit Ruth would have had in in the old stadium if the dimensions were anything close to normal. I think they counted around 20 very deep to warning track pop outs the year he had 60, and that was in a shorter season, with no wind advantage.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2009, 05:01:17 PM »
its a good thing CC has that opt out clause, huh?

i dont see him wanting to stay in this extreme  hitters park.

na, i think he'll stick around if they win.

don't forget it's an extreme hitters park, but it also means he gets that run support too.

it shows the whose-who of pitchers & apparantly Johan is just picking on those wack NL teams, because he got ROCKED! :laugh: