Author Topic: Any news of what Manny Fresh is up too lately?  (Read 161 times)

OchoCinco

Any news of what Manny Fresh is up too lately?
« on: June 15, 2009, 04:23:08 PM »
Just curious what dudes been up too, always been a fan of his music. Anyone hear anything bout him lately?

Lunatic

Re: Any news of what Manny Fresh is up too lately?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »
doin his production thang as usual

this year he did:

Slim Thug - Show Me Love
Mike Jones - Give Me a Call Ft. Devin the Dude
UGK - The Pimp & The Bun Ft. Ron Isley

and I think a joint W/ Snoop/Wyclef that cut from Paper Trail
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OchoCinco

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 04:31:06 PM »
+1 for the info Luna. He needs to hook back up with Cash Money and Weezy n make some more music like The Carter.

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 04:31:58 PM »
+1 for the info Luna. He needs to hook back up with Cash Money and Weezy n make some more music like The Carter.
u heard them records? I think he is supposed to do a lot of the re-union Hot Boyz album

OchoCinco

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 04:34:16 PM »
u heard them records? I think he is supposed to do a lot of the re-union Hot Boyz album

i only heard Pimp n the Bun.  Is there anymore info on this Hot Boyz album?

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 04:38:25 PM »

i only heard Pimp n the Bun.  Is there anymore info on this Hot Boyz album?
Not much..I did a media conference call with B.G. 2-3 months back

This is what I wrote up and came up with from the call..mostly quotes from B.G. I recorded..

“I’m working on that Hot Boyz reunion album. We’re still working on the logistics and the paper work on it.”

When asked if the original structure of the group is going to remain in place, B.G. had the following to say:

“It’s gonna be all the original members – it’s gonna be me, Lil Wayne, Juvenile – Turk is supposed to be coming home March 16th. Hopefully the laws stay the same, Turk is coming home March 16th and all four of us will be back together. We’ve started the process and we’re just waiting for Turk to come home. We’re gonna do it regardless because the streets keep asking for it. The world wants it.”

As of now there is no official release date, but B.G. talked about the process of setting up a before-the-album project, in the form of a soundtrack album.

“Wayne made the deal; he came to us. He had a deal for a soundtrack, and he wanted to make it a Hot Boyz soundtrack. He reached out to me and Juvenile and was like “man I want y’all to fuck with me on this soundtrack deal that I got” and it’s gonna’ be the album before the album. Before the reunion album, we’re gonna’ do an album which is inspired by a motion picture.”

Mannie Fresh, the man responsible for all of Cash Money’s early work still remains to be spoken upon highly from B.G. as he has nothing but kind words to say about Mannie Fresh, and his involvement in the Hot Boyz project.

“Mannie Fresh created the Hot Boyz sound; it’s only right that Mannie Fresh gives us that heat. We’re gonna fuck with different producers too, but Mannie Fresh most definitely has the first shot at bringing us back that old element and take us to the next level

OchoCinco

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 05:48:54 PM »
Cant wait, hopefully shit actually goes through.

Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 07:16:27 PM »
mannie fresh was supposed to be on the carter III. hell, wayne said dr. dre would be on it also.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 06:03:14 PM »
Honestly a Hot Boyz reunion album wouldn't be right without Mannie Fresh, that's like an NWA reunion without Dre.

Besides Wayne obviously I'm wondering if Baby is gettin along with the rest of them now. If everything is cool again and this all goes through and it's on Cash Money they might as well come back all together and resign with Baby and Slim. Now that would be really dope, CMR taking over as if it was 2000 all over again...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 06:06:11 PM »
^ It wouldn't be the same though. Wit Lil Wayne now-at-days, they'd all come out wit rock star beatz and tight pants.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 06:12:06 PM »
^ It wouldn't be the same though. Wit Lil Wayne now-at-days, they'd all come out wit rock star beatz and tight pants.

LOL who knows maybe a reunion would make Wayne come to his senses.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 06:16:23 PM »
^ Haha, word.