Author Topic: LEGALIZING MARI JUANA IN CALI FORNIA  (Read 1377 times)

LAXCENTRAL

Re: LEGALIZING MARI JUANA IN CALI FORNIA
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 03:57:23 PM »
i dono man...
but when shit gets legalized prices cannot go up...
its not impossible but it is  8)improbable...

Al Bundy

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 08:08:35 PM »
i don't want to try and act like the expert on the situation but i've done a lot of research on the topic and also had my final essay on legalization for my drugs, health and society class in college. to understand why it should be legalized, you need to know the history behind the current laws. i find it ironic that the first state to attempt to make marijuana illegal was California.

i wish i still had my word document with my essay. it had some good points as to why it should be legalized and i can't be fucked to retype that shit for dubcc.

to the people who think that weed prices would go up if it were legalized, i think you haven't considered the idea that major businesses could produce and distribute marijuana much like the cigarette industry does now. you'd probably see a pack of joints at walmart for the low. black market prices would also drop to try and compete with these companies taking their business. fuck 20 dollars a gram

Kool Beenz

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 02:33:46 AM »
i don't want to try and act like the expert on the situation but i've done a lot of research on the topic and also had my final essay on legalization for my drugs, health and society class in college. to understand why it should be legalized, you need to know the history behind the current laws. i find it ironic that the first state to attempt to make marijuana illegal was California.

i wish i still had my word document with my essay. it had some good points as to why it should be legalized and i can't be fucked to retype that shit for dubcc.

to the people who think that weed prices would go up if it were legalized, i think you haven't considered the idea that major businesses could produce and distribute marijuana much like the cigarette industry does now. you'd probably see a pack of joints at walmart for the low. black market prices would also drop to try and compete with these companies taking their business. fuck 20 dollars a gram

thats some of the realest shit you have said bundy

+1
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 02:51:12 AM by A.G. Da Sneak »

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 02:45:35 AM »

i think this makes a lotta sense G 8)

Al Bundy

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 04:06:35 PM »
i found my legalization paper in my notebook. would you guys like to read it?

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 04:12:48 PM »
^ SURE  8)

Al Bundy

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 04:53:45 PM »
Don't mind the (1) and etc. Those are my sources that were noted.

Marijuana is a plant that is not allowed to be consumed, produced, or sold in the United States yet the number of past year marijuana users in 2007 was approximately 25.1 million (10.1% of the population aged 12 or older) and the number of past month marijuana users was 14.4 million (5.8%) (1). According to the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug in America. Why do people smoke weed? The calm and euphoric “high” could be an escape from a bad day at work or could mean life or death to an AIDs patient who can’t eat without it. Cannabis is nothing new. The plant has been reported to exist as far back as 7000 BC. This plant does more than just get you and your friends high. The earliest known woven fabric was apparently made of hemp (2), and over the centuries the plant was used for food, incense, cloth, rope, and much more. It’s also been documented that it’s been used for religious purposes. Why is this drug illegal? It’s not because it makes you into a raving lunatic like what some would like you to believe. To understand my opinion on why laws against marijuana should be reformed, we must know the history behind the legislation.

Marijuana made its introduction to the US in the early 1600’s but it did not reach public awareness as a recreational drug until the early 1900's. The first state marijuana law was passed by California because of resentment towards Mexican-Americans (which at that time, most Mexicans smoked marijuana) that were “stealing” their jobs by working for less pay. It was largely ignored due to broad and poor wording "preparations of hemp, or loco weed." “Loco-weed” meant not cannabis, but a common western herb that crippled and killed their livestock, and “Indian hemp” meant not a hallucinogenic drug from the East Indies but the yucca fibers that held together ancient ladders leading to cliff dwellings, and the other plant fibers twisted by living Paiutes into the cords used in their rabbit hunts (3). Other states quickly followed with marijuana prohibition laws, including Wyoming (1915), Texas (1919), Iowa (1923), Nevada (1923), Oregon (1923), Washington (1923), Arkansas (1923), and Nebraska (1927). Within a very short time, marijuana started being linked to violent behavior.

In 1930, the Federal Bureau of Narcotics was established and Harry J. Anslinger was appointed director. Once in office, Anslinger started to draw national attention to the problem he wanted to create by telling stories filled of racism and violence. My two favorite quotes from Anslinger are "You smoke a joint and you're likely to kill your brother” and “Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men." He got support from Dupont chemical company and various pharmaceutical companies in the effort to outlaw cannabis. Dupont had patented nylon, and wanted hemp removed as competition. The pharmaceutical companies knew that people could grow their own and not have to purchase it from large companies. After two years of secret planning, Anslinger brought his plan to Congress; The Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 -- complete with a scrapbook full of sensational editorials, stories of ax murderers who had supposedly smoked marijuana, and racial slurs. The committee passed the legislation on without much discussion on the house floor; one senate member didn’t even know what marijuana was, and the bill got passed on a lie from a member of the committee that the American Medical Association supported this bill “100%”. On August 2, 1937, marijuana became illegal at the federal level. There have been many revisions to this legislation since then. The US government replaced this with the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 and put marijuana in Schedule I which is reserved for dangerous drugs that have no recognized medical use.

I believe that marijuana should be legal to use, produce and distribute. The current laws were put in place under false propaganda and the only reason it hasn’t been legalized is because the majority of America’s perception on marijuana is “it’s illegal for a reason”; blindly following what their government tells them. Everything they taught me in D.A.R.E. when I was in 4th grade regarding weed was false. I’m an active “researcher” of marijuana and I haven’t moved onto harder drugs and I haven’t raped anyone either. Hell, my grades have gotten better since starting my research! The short term effects of marijuana are long documented but no one knows the long term effects from smoking weed except for having a higher risk of getting lung cancer which you could get from smoking anything due to the harsh smoke eating away at your lungs. Although I am for the legalization of marijuana, I do think that children should not have access to weed.  If it were up to me, I’d make it so that you need to be at least eighteen years of age for purchase or consumption. There should also be strict laws against operating vehicles while under the influence, much like alcohol. Our governments’ budget deficit is an equal opportunity problem for America and taxing marijuana could raise enough cash to get ourselves out of our growing twelve trillion in debt. Legalizing cannabis would help more than it would hurt our country. Alcohol prohibition in the 1920’s didn’t work; people still drank, and organized criminals reaped the profits from black market trade. We should tap into the market and let companies produce marijuana for distribution while taxing every pack of marijuana joints sold much like cigarettes. Legalization would also free many people that were taken to prison over the nations weak attempt at a “war on drugs” thus saving tax payers billions annually. According to ONDCP, federal spending to incarcerate drug offenders totals nearly $3 Billion a year -- $2.525 Billion by the Bureau of Prisons, and $429.4 Million by Federal Prisoner Detention. (4) With the money we’d be saving from not imprisoning petty drug offenders and by taxing, we could use that money to pay off our debt or use it for other areas in our goverments budget like education or health care. This opportunity should not be passed up!

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 07:18:48 PM »
you really did it big with that posting 8)

Aero

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 08:39:31 AM »
Sooner or later i think it will be legalized

Why should it not be legalized? Well to prohibitionists:

It is perceived as addictive.
It has "no accepted medical use."
It is associated with unfashionable lifestyles. 
Advocates for marijuana legalization rarely present an appealing case.

lol at the prohibitionists

i mean take a look at ciggaretes...
-they are addictive
-they got nicotine which creates lung cancer (smokers are most likely to die from some sort of cancer lol, fuck the exceptions)
-smoking around non-smokers affects non-smokers too
-no medical use, lmao
and that shit is legal and has been killing people for quite a long time

alcohol
-also addictive (has been proved scientifically??)
-drunk people are dangerous lol
-shit load of people have died from being drunk (car accidents, falling of various shit, fights...)
also legal...

weed is less dangerous than both
and their has not been any death from the use of weed!!!

also:
Al Bundy true talk there  8)
and too people that think prices will go up if you legalize weed yall should go to Amsterdam..4 grams = 13 euro (20$ maybe less)

I always thought Arnold was open-minded  8)

ikke

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2009, 08:57:25 AM »
Sooner or later i think it will be legalized

Why should it not be legalized? Well to prohibitionists:

It is perceived as addictive.
It has "no accepted medical use."
It is associated with unfashionable lifestyles. 
Advocates for marijuana legalization rarely present an appealing case.

lol at the prohibitionists

i mean take a look at ciggaretes...
-they are addictive
-they got nicotine which creates lung cancer (smokers are most likely to die from some sort of cancer lol, fuck the exceptions)
-smoking around non-smokers affects non-smokers too
-no medical use, lmao
and that shit is legal and has been killing people for quite a long time

alcohol
-also addictive (has been proved scientifically??)
-drunk people are dangerous lol
-shit load of people have died from being drunk (car accidents, falling of various shit, fights...)
also legal...

weed is less dangerous than both
and their has not been any death from the use of weed!!!

also:
Al Bundy true talk there  8)
and too people that think prices will go up if you legalize weed yall should go to Amsterdam..4 grams = 13 euro (20$ maybe less)

I always thought Arnold was open-minded  8)
It's too late to ban sigarettes and alcohol. they would if they could
If they knew all that shit about nicotine when it was invented it would be illigel by now.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 01:37:50 PM »

+1
YESSSS SSSIIIIIRRRRR!

AND

people, stop calling it Marijuana.... Marijuana is a derogative old mexican word (old as in pre-spanish invasion) and it pretty much means faggot....

the word Marijuana was adopted by the US government in 1932 following the 1931 illiegalization of "Hemp" yup!

they didn't even care about people smoking it... weed was not made illegal because people smoked it..

HEMP(aka Cannabis AKA weed) was used, at that time, to make paper, books, sails (sail boat), clothing, oil, ropes, etc.... infact, in the 1920's, Hemp FAR SURPASSED cotton as America's chief crop.....

HEMP was made illegal to protect the cotton conglomerate, who's members were scattered all through-out the federal government....

So, based on that information, will Weed ever be legal??? all signs point to no....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2009, 04:00:35 PM »

+1
YESSSS SSSIIIIIRRRRR!

AND

people, stop calling it Marijuana.... Marijuana is a derogative old mexican word (old as in pre-spanish invasion) and it pretty much means faggot....

the word Marijuana was adopted by the US government in 1932 following the 1931 illiegalization of "Hemp" yup!

they didn't even care about people smoking it... weed was not made illegal because people smoked it..

HEMP(aka Cannabis AKA weed) was used, at that time, to make paper, books, sails (sail boat), clothing, oil, ropes, etc.... infact, in the 1920's, Hemp FAR SURPASSED cotton as America's chief crop.....

HEMP was made illegal to protect the cotton conglomerate, who's members were scattered all through-out the federal government....

So, based on that information, will Weed ever be legal??? all signs point to no....

Like everything you said except that last line.  Weed is def on the verge of becoming legal in many areas. 

ikke

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2009, 04:45:54 PM »

+1
YESSSS SSSIIIIIRRRRR!

AND

Like everything you said except that last line.  Weed is def on the verge of becoming legal in many areas. 
I never got illigal drugs.
I mean you can't stop it, throw dealers in jail there will come new dealers.

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2009, 07:51:04 PM »
HEY WHATS WITH THE +1'S
DUDE ITS LIKE WE RE IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL...
OR LIKE KINDERGARTEN... ITS LIKE MIGHT AS WELLL REPLY...
<<GOOD SHIT HOMMIE, HERE IS A PLUS ONE STICKER, OR A NUMBER 1 COOKIE>> 8)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2009, 09:10:27 PM »
HEY WHATS WITH THE +1'S
DUDE ITS LIKE WE RE IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL...
OR LIKE KINDERGARTEN... ITS LIKE MIGHT AS WELLL REPLY...
<<GOOD SHIT HOMMIE, HERE IS A PLUS ONE STICKER, OR A NUMBER 1 COOKIE>> 8)

+1