Fabolous no doubt
0 (0%)
I would say Ja Rule, but Fabolous is even worse
2 (13.3%)
Kelly Rowland would kill Fabolous in a freestyle-session
0 (0%)
The only one worse than Memphis Bleek is Fabolous
3 (20%)
I once bought a Fabolous-album by mistake, and I never been the same after that day.
1 (6.7%)
I dig Fabolous-videos, and he's among the tightest rappers in the game. (I also check Gay.com on a regular basis)
3 (20%)
I'ma kill DJ Clue for this sooner or later..
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Worst Eastcoast-rapper..  (Read 467 times)

Jome

Re:Worst Eastcoast-rapper..
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2002, 09:29:56 PM »
The flow is okay. It's the same lazy flow that Mase popularized and that 50 Cent is now getting praised for so how can some people despise Fab's flow and ride 50's flow? It's pretty much the same thing.

people give props to 50 cuz hes with em now...they automatically think hes a great rapper...but just 2 months ago nobody ever cared about 50 cent....too many eminem dickriders.....cuz 50, Loon, Fab, Mase...they all sound the same....but people dont diss Loon or 50 for soundin like that...only Fab....i think its lame that 50, Loon and Fab got the same flow as mase....the think with loon tho...he doesnt proclaim to be something hes not...thats why i like him....

I been checking for 50 for about 2 years, and he had the same problem as Canibus..
He got production from a tight producer, but none-the-less producers who couldn't get 50 more than street-cred.
Meaning that he stagnated..
Now that he got the production he deserves, he might sell more than wood too.
Sha Money is tight, but he a whole album with Sha Money-beats doesn't get 50 anywhere.

And, there's a big difference bewteen Fabolous & 50, even if their flow sometimes is kinda similar.
50 doesn't sit on Bentleys, with a ice-grill front, and crossing his arms to show off the jewels, while talking about soft stuff that you would expect from Boyz 2 Men.

Jome

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2002, 09:36:09 PM »
yo SGV, you're right in a way.
Nobody on the West was checking for 50 before Em signed him, but those who check more than one coast knew him.
He created QUITE some buzz with the "How to Rob"-joint, and the Jigga-dissing.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2002, 09:39:44 PM by Jome »

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2002, 10:10:40 PM »
Nobody on the West was checking for 50 before Em signed him, but those who check more than one coast knew him.

If you were into hip-hop in '99 you would of known of 50 then, cause that track created a lot of controversy and a lot of people were on him after that (Jigga, Sticky, Ja, Ghostface...)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2002, 10:11:39 PM by C2Knuckles »

Jome

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2002, 10:30:50 PM »

If you were into hip-hop in '99 you would of known of 50 then, cause that track created a lot of controversy and a lot of people were on him after that (Jigga, Sticky, Ja, Ghostface...)

Yup yup, that's what I'm saying.

teecee

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2002, 10:54:24 PM »
Ya, most everyone i know liked 50, or at least How To Rob, before he signed with Eminem.  50 KILLS Fabolos and Loon and all them! Saying 50 is similar to Fabolos is crazy, obviously this statement comes from someone unfamiliar with 50 and Fabolos....

As for lyrics, Fabolos is wack, but u don't listen to hiphop for lyrics, do you Jome?  Cuz lyric wise, MOP and NORE are nothing to write home about either, but i guess they got that grimy style/voice, so its all good!  I admit Fab is wack as hell though, its just his style is so played out and shit......lyric wise though, he is actually better than some rappers, but ya, NO WAY IN HELL HE IS THE SAME AS FABOLOS OR LOON!

Jome

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2002, 11:04:50 PM »
Ya, most everyone i know liked 50, or at least How To Rob, before he signed with Eminem.  50 KILLS Fabolos and Loon and all them! Saying 50 is similar to Fabolos is crazy, obviously this statement comes from someone unfamiliar with 50 and Fabolos....

As for lyrics, Fabolos is wack, but u don't listen to hiphop for lyrics, do you Jome?  Cuz lyric wise, MOP and NORE are nothing to write home about either, but i guess they got that grimy style/voice, so its all good!  I admit Fab is wack as hell though, its just his style is so played out and shit......lyric wise though, he is actually better than some rappers, but ya, NO WAY IN HELL HE IS THE SAME AS FABOLOS OR LOON!

wtf? Of course I listen to hiphop for lyrics..
Now I admit that "God's favorite" was wack lyric-wise, but that's not the CD you play when you try to gain some knowldege, cuz it's a party-cd more or less.

M.O.P. now.. you might say that they don't have a clear message in their rhymes, but their so unique that they don't need to follow no trends or front with a gimmick.
Their just First Fam, Mash Out Posse, and they're the best at it. LoL
You don't mention LiL Fame in the same sentence as Mos Def, Supernatural or Pharoahe Monch, but he's dope at what he do.
Besides MOP & NORE got funny punch-lines, and that gives it a lil touch.

But that's off-topic, why you always gotta mention Nore & M.O.P. in other topics? LoL...

teecee

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2002, 11:55:36 PM »
You're right, at least MOP and NORE got their own styles and stuff, but to be honest, Fabolos got some nice punchlines too!  Ya he sucks.......i am not denyong that....

As for always mentioning MOP and NORE, you're right, just giving you a hard time ;)   I agree with you COMPLETELY that you listen to different artists' for different purposes!  Damn, that is what i always tell people when they ass how i can like Puff Daddy and Master P (some stuff), but put on a Del or Ras or Common song right after.  I mean, my favourite artists are Snoop, Nas, Ras, and MAsta Ace, and i don't think any of them are completely similar.  By the way, i always used to listen to MOP before basketball games to get me hyped up........

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2002, 03:20:45 PM »
fab has tight mutli's...but he wastes his skill

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!