Author Topic: Daaaamn yall! (Nas topic)  (Read 347 times)

.: God Is One :.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • .:CPT´s own REAL Muthaphukkin G´:.
Daaaamn yall! (Nas topic)
« on: October 21, 2002, 04:40:44 AM »
...when i first bought "Illmatic" i thought it was under average, but now, 6 months later i bump that shit str8 thru!!!

Daaamn! my fauvorites on this is:

Life´s a bitch
Represent
Memory Lane
It aint hard to tell
One Time 4 your mind
Halftime
One Love

But i still CANT STAND "N.Y State Of Mind" that beat is horrible man!? "The World Is Yours" isnt anything special 2 me either...

But damn theese other cuts are as deep as Atlantis!!!

Just wanted 2 tell all you Nas-fans up in this mutha...

Peace
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

teecee

Re:Daaaamn yall! (Nas topic)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2002, 09:22:38 AM »
The World of Yours is my favourite cut on there......i can see what you mean about NY State of Mind, although most people tend to see it as one of the best on their, and NAs RIPS it on there IMO....keep listening and those songs will grow on you for sure.

The Illmatic album definitely is one that takes time to grow on someone, especially today cuz the sound is just so different from all the flashy shit that is out today...

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2002, 09:33:59 AM »
Damn, "N.Y. State Of Mind" is one of my all time fav. tracks, and i'm not talking about JUST Nas tracks now. It's coo' though, thats your opinion :) For real though, "Illmatic" is truely amazing, a pure classic through and through imo. I got to be honest though, it is a hard listen at first, it was for me anyways, I was very young back then and even though I liked it I can say I only really began to appreciate it ALOT more in the past 3-4 years.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2002, 09:44:32 AM »
Dope album. I love Halftime and It aint hard to tell.

teecee

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 12:13:50 PM »
I remember when i first got Illmatic a couple months after it came out, i tried to sell it to my friends but everyone thought it was trash as did I (i only got it cuz it was one of my free 10 cds from Columbia House, along with Code of the Streets- Gangstarr and DFC- THings in the Hood- two of my favs)....
   Eventually, the album began to grow on me....i didn't listen to it for two months in a row, threw it back in, and i was like WHOA!  I think at the time i was too in Snoop and Dre to appreciate this kinda sound.

Another album that was a tough listen at first was Ras Kass' Soul on ICe!  I HATED that album a first, i was mad at Rap Pages for saying how amazing Ras was.....after about 2 months though, i woke up, and that is one of my favourites now.