Author Topic: BEST ALBUMS IN THE HISTORY OF DETROIT RAP MUSIC?  (Read 733 times)

Paul

Re: BEST ALBUMS IN THE HISTORY OF DETROIT RAP MUSIC?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 08:25:28 AM »
funkyfreshintheflesh

MediumL

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 08:27:09 AM »
Bizarre - Blue Cheese and Coney Island
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 08:44:26 AM »
honorable mention: I.C.P. "Riddle Box"

left off Royce, Proof, D12 albums and the Marshall MAthers LP and Eminem show...just not good enough to make my cut
There is something wrong with this; you don't count MMLP, Rock City or Em Show as good albums but you give honorable mention to I.C.P?  :laugh:
You can see from that list that you are into horrorcore rap.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 09:10:34 AM »

left off Royce, Proof, D12 albums and the Marshall MAthers LP and Eminem show...just not good enough to make my cut
There is something wrong with this; you don't count MMLP, Rock City or Em Show as good albums but you give honorable mention to I.C.P?  :laugh:

sorry if I'm not into the "accent" era of Eminem music as much as you are - Eminem Show has like 5 good tracks on it and MMLP has some either Great songs and some horrible songs...nothing inbetween

and ofcourse I'm into horrorcore rap.  doesn't take a genius to notice that one.  bet you never heard a song from Ringmaster...the Loons, Murder Go Round, Mr. Johnsons Head...there's some classics on that shit.

I still put SSLP and Infinite, Eminem at his best on there.

we all got our own opinions my friend, don't shit on mine and i won't shit on yours unless you put Kid Rock on your list
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 09:12:33 AM by Niles Standish »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jin

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 10:34:28 AM »
Royce Da 5'9 - Death Is Certain

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 11:40:48 AM »

There is something wrong with this; you don't count MMLP, Rock City or Em Show as good albums but you give honorable mention to I.C.P?  :laugh:

sorry if I'm not into the "accent" era of Eminem music as much as you are - Eminem Show has like 5 good tracks on it and MMLP has some either Great songs and some horrible songs...nothing inbetween

and ofcourse I'm into horrorcore rap.  doesn't take a genius to notice that one.  bet you never heard a song from Ringmaster...the Loons, Murder Go Round, Mr. Johnsons Head...there's some classics on that shit.

we all got our own opinions my friend, don't shit on mine and i won't shit on yours unless you put Kid Rock on your list
Accent era? So slim shady lp don't have accent? Might wanna check on that, I'm sure it has way more accent stuff than The Eminem Show. I'll much rather listen to accent eminem than wannabe Nas, all assholes/opinions like you said though.
Besides you are trippin. When was I shitting on you?
I have heard tracks from I.C.P, they have some good tracks from there and there but not for a album worth definatly.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 12:52:16 AM »
who is natas?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 01:10:10 AM »

So in other words, it's "favorite" Detroit albums, not "best".   

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 01:46:21 AM »
Royce Da 5'9 - Death Is Certain

Hard that album is ill! Proof - Searching For Jerry Garcia was pretty dope too

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2009, 03:05:37 AM »
who is natas?
Natas is a group with Esham, TNT, and Mastamind.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2009, 05:00:45 AM »
Elzhi the Preface
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 05:01:57 AM »

i don't care what your little sister and you think: marshall mathers LP is not a "classic"....IT'S LEAD SINGLE WAS "THE REAL SLIM SHADY" FOR CRYING OUT LOUD  :-\ ::) :laugh:
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Kurupt1607

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 05:51:44 AM »
How can you forget J Dilla with "Welcome 2 Detroit", classic shit  8)

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 06:17:16 AM »

i don't care what your little sister and you think: marshall mathers LP is not a "classic"....IT'S LEAD SINGLE WAS "THE REAL SLIM SHADY" FOR CRYING OUT LOUD  :-\ ::) :laugh:
So? possibly best mainstream single ever
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Big B

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 06:19:52 AM »
Proof - Searching For Jerry Garcia was pretty dope too
it was good but i refuse to say dope