Author Topic: WideAwake reveals Death Row Records Plans  (Read 2823 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: WideAwake reveals Death Row Records Plans
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2009, 03:40:55 PM »
Anyways, who do I think killed Tupac? Well first off I know for a fucking fact The Las Vegas police didn't give a shit, look at tupac's past songs like Violent and fuck the police in his earlier work already made him strained with the law. Lets also not forget that around the time West Coast Rap had debut and was coming into its own Politicians, Civil Rights leader, anyone not into the scene at the time was against rap. To them tupac was just another rapper a "perpetrator" of violence in their eyes. Look at some of the articles after Tupac's death.

"Rapper who personified Violence dies at 25" I mean with head lines like that, no wonder no one gave a shit. Anyways Because their was no incentive on the LV police end (no Helicopter, No APB) The killers got off free remember his original shooting, calling that a Robbery, He was IN a STUDIO. ok A studio is the safest fucking place ever..

Pac didn't do "Fuck the Police". That was N.W.A. In regards to the political situation, by 1996, the heat had pretty much died down on that. C. Delores Tucker had even spoke on Suge's behalf when he was going to court for the Orlando Anderson incident. And Pac was not robbed IN a studio. He was robbed in the bottom floor lobby where more or less anyone could be. Studios are not the safest fucking places ever. That is a ridiculous misconception. If you are doing work for a professional label at their in-house studio then that would more or less be a safe place because they would have hired security to keep the wrong element out but we are not talking about that. There have been countless situations in New York where robberies, beatdowns, etc. have gone down. Jam Master Jay was murdered inside a studio. 50 Cent had the incident with Black Child and them at the Hit Factory studio. In the case of Quad Studios, it was pretty clear that Pac was going down there as a favor for an artist with a limited bdget so it wasn't like he was walking into some "safe haven".

Now people say Suge Knight Killed him, but Suge Knight had no Incentive. Tupac was promoting the hell outta the label, was providing record sells and was helping Death Row East, and was going to have Death Row Distribute Makaveli Records releases (First album was to be the 7 day Theory, second in contract, and then One Nation which would of been his third obligation).I mean he had no need.

People say Tupac was complaining about money, No he wasn't Suge kept his ass happy with cars and such, He never got his TRUE earnings, but honestly I think Tupac wasn't worrying about that as much. Look at all the videos of him in the studios at Death Row. Hes happy, fuck Their is possibly a chance he is grateful for suge knight posting his bail, but again Because we weren't in his head will never know how he truly felt regardless of the count-less documentaries.
I have my doubts about the Suge scenerio myself but your info sounds like it was pulled directly from a Suge interview. How do you know Pac wasn't complaining about money? You saw a video or an interview? I've got news for you. A lot went down in those last couple days. I'm not implying that Suge was behind it because it seems a bit wild that anyone would sit in the driver's seat while bullets were being fired at the guy in the passenger's seat. However, I have seen enough interviews from sources not connected to Death Row to suggest that Pac might not have been too happy with his situation in those days. We have never heard Pac do a negative interview or song on Snoop but we know when the radio shit happened in NYC, Pac was fucking pissed. Snoop has confirmed this. Suge downplayed it when Snoop was still signed to the label but once he left, it became "Pac hated Snoop and I was riding with Pac". Michael Moore, one of Pac's bodyguards that weekend, said he had to physically remove Pac from Suge's room during a very heated argument when the two met up after Pac heard the Snoop interview and quoted Pac as saying, "I'm leaving Death Row." We also know that Pac fired David Kenner, the attorney for Death Row, a few weeks prior. There's record of it.

Again, I'm not claiming to have all the facts but there is quite a bit of information to suggest that there is more to the story than everyone is seeing.

Blasphemy

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2009, 05:01:04 PM »
Pac didn't do "Fuck the Police". That was N.W.A. In regards to the political situation, by 1996, the heat had pretty much died down on that. C. Delores Tucker had even spoke on Suge's behalf when he was going to court for the Orlando Anderson incident. And Pac was not robbed IN a studio. He was robbed in the bottom floor lobby where more or less anyone could be. Studios are not the safest fucking places ever. That is a ridiculous misconception. If you are doing work for a professional label at their in-house studio then that would more or less be a safe place because they would have hired security to keep the wrong element out but we are not talking about that. There have been countless situations in New York where robberies, beatdowns, etc. have gone down. Jam Master Jay was murdered inside a studio. 50 Cent had the incident with Black Child and them at the Hit Factory studio. In the case of Quad Studios, it was pretty clear that Pac was going down there as a favor for an artist with a limited bdget so it wasn't like he was walking into some "safe haven".

You think the flack he caught was just in his earlier years??? Look at "Wonder why they call you bitch" lyrics, he takes shoots at Delores Tucker. only Reason she helped Suge was because of Tupac's Death. You know how people get when Death Is involved, they get all fucking soft and sympathetic.Besides didn't need to be a political situation police don't like rap in general because of how the lyrics are towards police.That's why Biggies murder wasn't solved, when they know the killers name. Now I know it was the lobby (If I remember correctly, he had Gone Up after the shooting cause he was dazed out somewhat) but the point is, Honestly Do you think someones going to accidentally rob 1 of the rising stars of rap??? Then again we shouldn't even speak on that night cause its speculation. Pure Speculation, Only one who knows are the parties involved, I believe the guy who got shot though.

I have my doubts about the Suge scenerio myself but your info sounds like it was pulled directly from a Suge interview. How do you know Pac wasn't complaining about money? You saw a video or an interview? I've got news for you. A lot went down in those last couple days. I'm not implying that Suge was behind it because it seems a bit wild that anyone would sit in the driver's seat while bullets were being fired at the guy in the passenger's seat. However, I have seen enough interviews from sources not connected to Death Row to suggest that Pac might not have been too happy with his situation in those days. We have never heard Pac do a negative interview or song on Snoop but we know when the radio shit happened in NYC, Pac was fucking pissed. Snoop has confirmed this. Suge downplayed it when Snoop was still signed to the label but once he left, it became "Pac hated Snoop and I was riding with Pac".

Well Suge Knight is obviously lying if hes saying shit like that. Only thing Tupac had a problem with was when Snoop said he liked B.I.G.s music. They never worked it out do to his death.But like I said well never know Tupac's true feelings, cause none-of us are not him and none of the documentaries by his friends are just what they think. The Point is Suge Knight had no motive to kill him cause of all the stuff that was going to happen.Besides Tupac couldn't even leave "if" he wanted to. He was still undercontract for 2 more albums. Makaveli 7 Day Theory was to be Makaveli Records first release (proof by the Makaveli Logo on the back) and One Nation was suppose to be his third, So it didn't even matter "if" Tupac wanted to leave, he had 2 more albums out of him. He released Makaveli as planned, but One Nation never got a release cause of the legal matters and aftermath.

Michael Moore, one of Pac's bodyguards that weekend, said he had to physically remove Pac from Suge's room during a very heated argument when the two met up after Pac heard the Snoop interview and quoted Pac as saying, "I'm leaving Death Row." We also know that Pac fired David Kenner, the attorney for Death Row, a few weeks prior. There's record of it.

Never trust Michael Moore, that asshole just trying to make money off Tupac's Legacy. Look at his retarded ass Tupac Assassination movies, and then the rebuttals, that and the contradict his earlier statements.Some say "oh, but with him hearing what his friends saw he's allowed to do that" No he isn't his original version is his least distorted, its the 1 he saw, anyways. I don't Trust him cause he's not keeping his shit straight. Here
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 05:12:53 PM by Blasphemy »

Moe

« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2009, 05:13:31 PM »
Never trust Michael Moore. Look at his retarded ass movies.
never a truer word spoken

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2009, 11:42:29 PM »
Dr. Dre is to Death Row what Eazy E is to Ruthless. The epicenter of the label's talent.

Suge Knight is Jerry Heller... just some fat guys who got lucky

nah man those labels are 2 different situations

Dre left and DEath Row still had 2pac and Snoop to hold them afloat....if 2pac never died in 96 or after that, i bet you death row would've carried on thru the 2000's and Snoop would'nt have left unless he started beef with 2pac...which the 2 were not getting necessarily along at the end as it's been known...Snoop had that radio interview saying he'd work with Biggie

either way Suge did alot more for the business of deathrow than heller did for nwa
lol!
if it weren't for Jerry Heller, NWA would have never gotten a distribution deal for example

Blasphemy

« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2009, 07:30:40 AM »
Dr. Dre is to Death Row what Eazy E is to Ruthless. The epicenter of the label's talent.

Dre left and DEath Row still had 2pac and Snoop to hold them afloat....if 2pac never died in 96 or after that, i bet you death row would've carried on thru the 2000's and Snoop would'nt have left unless he started beef with 2pac...which the 2 were not getting necessarily along at the end as it's been known...Snoop had that radio interview saying he'd work with Biggie

either way Suge did alot more for the business of deathrow than heller did for nwa
lol!
if it weren't for Jerry Heller, NWA would have never gotten a distribution deal for example

Even though I'm not a fan of either, I'm not a hater. Jerry and suge were 1 in the same basically. Dr. Dre traded one stealer for another when he left. Both Jerry and Suge Got them Distribution deals (Ruth, Priority via Jerry, and Death Row, Inters cope via Suge Knight).

In the end Jerry original took the money from the group along with Eazy at the time and at the end was found to have taken money from eazy.

In the end it was found Suge Knight had shafted multiple artist, producers, etc. On proper royalties.

Sorta fucked how each 1 pretty much the same and really they both had their own way to get things done.

Jerry The Jewish Defense League for bodyguards, and protection

Suge Knight, Hired street gangsters and L.A. off-Duty cops which became apart of Rampart

Jerry Used Contracts and Shiftiness to attain his money & deals which were Iron Clad

Suge Knight used more Strong Armed Tactics to attain his money and deals, and eventually figured out Time-Based Iron Clad Contracts.

In the end, these two did a lot to both help and hurt rap.

If it wasn't for Jerry's stealing we wouldn't get Ice Cubes earlier Effects like "Amerkkka's Most Wanted","Kill At Will", "Death Certificate","The Predator", and Lethal Injection may not come to ingratiation. Considering if Jerry didn't steal we wouldn't of had  The Chronic being made for Death Row.

If it wasn't for Suge Knight, we wouldn't have the Death Row releases we have today (DoggyStyle was nearly canceled) We wouldn't have The Chronic, DoggyStyle, Dogg Chit, All Eyez, Makaveli, etc.

Because what these people did they both helped rap and hurt it in a lot of ways. Its almost like Paradox on the effects of what West Coast could of been, was, and is. In the end I have respect for both of them, but because of how they "hurt" rap a lot of albums may of never gotten made but so many possibles could of happened. . In the end its a bastard to be on either side of the fence. So I have respect, but when it comes to certain exploits. I don't got now love.

2euce 7even

« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2009, 09:51:26 AM »

lol!

Even though I'm not a fan of either, I'm not a hater. Jerry and suge were 1 in the same basically. Dr. Dre traded one stealer for another when he left. Both Jerry and Suge Got them Distribution deals (Ruth, Priority via Jerry, and Death Row, Inters cope via Suge Knight).

In the end Jerry original took the money from the group along with Eazy at the time and at the end was found to have taken money from eazy.

In the end it was found Suge Knight had shafted multiple artist, producers, etc. On proper royalties.

Sorta fucked how each 1 pretty much the same and really they both had their own way to get things done.

Suge Knight, Hired street gangsters and L.A. off-Duty cops which became apart of Rampart

Jerry Used Contracts and Shiftiness to attain his money & deals which were Iron Clad

Suge Knight used more Strong Armed Tactics to attain his money and deals, and eventually figured out Time-Based Iron Clad Contracts.

If it wasn't for Jerry's stealing we wouldn't get Ice Cubes earlier Effects like "Amerkkka's Most Wanted","Kill At Will", "Death Certificate","The Predator", and Lethal Injection may not come to ingratiation. Considering if Jerry didn't steal we wouldn't of had  The Chronic being made for Death Row.

If it wasn't for Suge Knight, we wouldn't have the Death Row releases we have today (DoggyStyle was nearly canceled) We wouldn't have The Chronic, DoggyStyle, Dogg Chit, All Eyez, Makaveli, etc.

Because what these people did they both helped rap and hurt it in a lot of ways. Its almost like Paradox on the effects of what West Coast could of been, was, and is. In the end I have respect for both of them, but because of how they "hurt" rap a lot of albums may of never gotten made but so many possibles could of happened. . In the end its a bastard to be on either side of the fence. So I have respect, but when it comes to certain exploits. I don't got now love.

agree on almost everything you said...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2009, 10:25:06 AM »

lol!

did Ice Cube recently release Gangsta Fairytale 3 or what?

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2009, 02:12:29 PM »
this year will be great for the death row collectors

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2009, 02:43:50 PM »
^^^
for real...
I'm speechless.
Cube and Dre really got heads beliving all that Jew bashing.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2009, 03:37:30 PM »
^^^
for real...
I'm speechless.

A must read, Jerry was hella loyal to Eazy...

Still trips me that he thinks he coulda made Bone go 10x Plat, and I actually agree he prolly could of, Heller was a genius

bigpimpin20

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2009, 03:43:07 PM »
Anyways, who do I think killed Tupac? Well first off I know for a fucking fact The Las Vegas police didn't give a shit, look at tupac's past songs like Violent and fuck the police in his earlier work already made him strained with the law. Lets also not forget that around the time West Coast Rap had debut and was coming into its own Politicians, Civil Rights leader, anyone not into the scene at the time was against rap. To them tupac was just another rapper a "perpetrator" of violence in their eyes. Look at some of the articles after Tupac's death.

"Rapper who personified Violence dies at 25" I mean with head lines like that, no wonder no one gave a shit. Anyways Because their was no incentive on the LV police end (no Helicopter, No APB) The killers got off free remember his original shooting, calling that a Robbery, He was IN a STUDIO. ok A studio is the safest fucking place ever..

Now people say Suge Knight Killed him, but Suge Knight had no Incentive. Tupac was promoting the hell outta the label, was providing record sells and was helping Death Row East, and was going to have Death Row Distribute Makaveli Records releases (First album was to be the 7 day Theory, second in contract, and then One Nation which would of been his third obligation).I mean he had no need.

People say Tupac was complaining about money, No he wasn't Suge kept his ass happy with cars and such, He never got his TRUE earnings, but honestly I think Tupac wasn't worrying about that as much. Look at all the videos of him in the studios at Death Row. Hes happy, fuck Their is possibly a chance he is grateful for suge knight posting his bail, but again Because we weren't in his head will never know how he truly felt regardless of the count-less documentaries.
I have my doubts about the Suge scenerio myself but your info sounds like it was pulled directly from a Suge interview. How do you know Pac wasn't complaining about money? You saw a video or an interview? I've got news for you. A lot went down in those last couple days. I'm not implying that Suge was behind it because it seems a bit wild that anyone would sit in the driver's seat while bullets were being fired at the guy in the passenger's seat. However, I have seen enough interviews from sources not connected to Death Row to suggest that Pac might not have been too happy with his situation in those days. We have never heard Pac do a negative interview or song on Snoop but we know when the radio shit happened in NYC, Pac was fucking pissed. Snoop has confirmed this. Suge downplayed it when Snoop was still signed to the label but once he left, it became "Pac hated Snoop and I was riding with Pac". Michael Moore, one of Pac's bodyguards that weekend, said he had to physically remove Pac from Suge's room during a very heated argument when the two met up after Pac heard the Snoop interview and quoted Pac as saying, "I'm leaving Death Row." We also know that Pac fired David Kenner, the attorney for Death Row, a few weeks prior. There's record of it.

Again, I'm not claiming to have all the facts but there is quite a bit of information to suggest that there is more to the story than everyone is seeing.

lil offtopic:

i'm not Snoops big fan but i never undersood that part. Why Pac would be mad at Snoop for that while himself he was working
 with Ruthless acts like Kokane & Bone Thugs. They wasnt at good terms at that times with Dogg Pound right? I dont think Snoop was trippin because of this

"What I would do if I was you is shut your fuckin' mouth
cause we be moving keys while you're playin house" - Above The Law - Encore 1996

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2009, 11:08:26 PM »
^^^
for real...
I'm speechless.

A must read, Jerry was hella loyal to Eazy...

Still trips me that he thinks he coulda made Bone go 10x Plat, and I actually agree he prolly could of, Heller was a genius
no doubt, i believe Dre missed out on some great business opportunities, when he ran away

2euce 7even

« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2009, 04:14:05 PM »
Without Dr. Dre there is no Death Row Records.

are you serious?fuck dre and his gay ass fake-pimp friends like snoopy bitch.

Chad Vader

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2009, 07:24:37 AM »
unreleased RBX album on Death Row? Kilo,that's bullshit right?

Not B/S. Lol. RBX, despite how much he would have not like to have made the decision to join Death Row, still has quite a bit of material considering he didn't get to leave till 1994 or 1995.

+1 OK,thanks for the info. What about Warren G,K-Solo and Rage (is it tracks from eargasm?)?
Any info on who did the beats for RBX´s Death Row project? Greg Royal (produced RBX-files) worked on The Chronic,so maybe he was set to work with RBX?

Not sure, but I know Gregski/Greg Royal did immense work on it since he also did his retail album. Too bad RBX hasn't worked with him in years. Warren G doesn't have an album over there I believe due to him landing the Def Jam deal, but he might have material. K-Solo has an incomplete album over there, and Rage has an incomplete album over there too.

Greg Royal is a mystery to me,he worked on The Chronic. Then did RBX´s album,after that he only did random work here and there.
Who brought him aboard? Dre? Chris Taylor? Colin Wolfe? who?

Not sure, I would have thought Dre did since he was the one who brought along Colin and Chris.
I will ask Colin next time I speak with him.

Found a little Greg Royal info;

Mixmaster Gee And The Turntable Orchestra
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Mixmaster+Gee+And+The+Turntable+Orchestra
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9QJQHn8Tx6A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9QJQHn8Tx6A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

Releases:
   Like This (12")       MCA Records   1985
   The Manipulator ◄ (4 versions)       MCA Records   1986
   Conflicts Of Interest (Vinyl, EP)       Greg Ski Cuts   1987
Tracks Appear On:
   Street Sounds Hip Hop Electro 14 (Comp) ◄ (2 versions)   The Manipulator (Exten...   Street Sounds   1986
   Street Sounds Crucial Electro 3 (Comp) ◄ (2 versions)   The Manipulator   Street Sounds   1987
   Scratchology (2xLP)   Like This (Full & Fresh)   Sequence Records   2003
   Scratchology ◄ (2 versions)   Like This (Full & Fresh)   Sequence Records   2003

and

Mixmaster Gee And The Turntable Orchestra - Conflicts Of Interest
http://www.discogs.com/Mixmaster-Gee-The-Turntable-Orchestra-Conflicts-Of-Interest/release/1925459

Label:
Greg Ski Cuts
Catalog#:
GSC - 5008
Format:
Vinyl, EP
US
Released:
Genre:
Electronic, Hip Hop
Style:
Electro
TracklistA1   Mixmaster Gee And The Turntable Orchestra  -    Rip It Off   5:20
A2   Mixmaster Gee And The Turntable Orchestra  -    Loud & Clear   5:36
A3   Ramon Ski  -    Stupid Def   5:48
B1   Ricky Byars  -    It's All For You   5:34
B2   Glenda Marie  -    Just A Little Bit Of Love   4:18
B3   Cherry Soda  -    Bombs Come Down   5:55

Credits
Producer - Greg Royal , Ricardo Moore , Ricky Byars
Notes
Private Pressing By Greg "Ski" Royal Aka Mixmaster Gee & The Turntable Orchestra On His Own Label.

300 Copies Pressed

Full 12'' Mixmaster Gee And The Turntable Orchestra - The Manipulator [MCA Inc.-1986]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/21fvz0

Code: [Select]
A1 The Manipulator (Extended Version)

A2 The Manipulator (Radio Edit)

B1 The Manipulator (Dub Version)

B2 The Manipulator (Instrumental)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 07:28:54 AM by Vader »

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2009, 08:19:38 AM »
Without Dr. Dre there is no Death Row Records.

are you serious?fuck dre and his gay ass fake-pimp friends like snoopy bitch.

I´m sure there could have been a Death Row without Dre, but it would most certainly not be the legendary label that it became, without him.