Author Topic: the official "lil weezy is the worst thing going in mainstream Rap" thread  (Read 1343 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
^ehh, i don't know...

i mean no doubt the Rock is a far way off from the C3 Wayne; but if you listen to any of his rappin' mixtape songs from like Da Drought 6 or whatever the last one was, it sounds basically the same to me as the same Wayne on C3.

but i know what you're sayin', i think... :P

Rebirth is probably goin' to hurt Wayne a little bit as far as rap fans go, but i think he can make them back with a few Rock fans; that album should go 2x platinum; as least sell a millie.

i easily prefer him rappin' over rockin' though, he is a smart guy though; kind of jacked Kanye's thing of gettin' away from rap & doin' something else, but just as i thought people confused both Kanye's album & are already mistaking Rebirth as "rap albums".

both Kanye & Wayne came out & said "this is not rap, this is a different approach to music", but yet since it's Kanye & Wayne everybody just assumes whatever they make is automatically rap.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I really enjoyed The Carter III and at least another 15 or so tracks from its recording sessions that all got leaked early.  A matter of fact I think if he replaced several tracks with some leaked tracks he would've released a certified classic album.  10 of the 16 tracks that made the final cut were hot, 1 (playing with fire) was aiight.  The rest were just poor.

2.  Mr. Carter
3.  A Milli
4.  Outstanding
6.  Dr.Carter
8.  Tie My Hands
9.  Mrs. Officer
10.  Let the Beat Build
11.  Shoot Me Down
12.  Lollipop
14.  Playing with Fire
16.  DontGetIt

He shouldn't threw on the Leak tracks with improved mixing, additional elements to the beats and some other tracks like outstanding, i feel like dying, and la la la. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

westside159

yeah i agree , lil wayne is just so cheesy now , bacc in the days he was alright but he fell off when he made Lolli Pop .  that was it for me .

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
I guess for me as a fan of hip hop, I am growing tired of seeing rappers make it big and just think they can do ANYTHING musically and still be relevant or sell records.

Almost reminds me of Spencer Pratt or these The Hills spoiled brats. You already make a shitload of money living off ya parents or being on TV doing nothing, but then you have the audacity to be a spoiled asshole on top of it.

Example- Eminem. Dope MC then loses his mind on Encore and comes out with a string of songs talking about gay sex, shitting and anything else you can add. Huh? That and the tiresome 1st single dissing reality show and pop stars.

Kanye- Drops 3 critically acclaimed albums then comes with the autotune bullshit. Why? Hell I have no idea, maybe he is bored being Martin Louie The King

Lil Wayne- Really did not start to get into his music until after The Carter series came out although I copped his earlier work. When he is not on lean and is movtivated to mc, he can do the damn thing. But again this whole autotune thing comes up again and now he wants to be a rock star.

The main thing with all 3 of them is megastardom. The thought of you can put out anything and people will buy it. And until people stop filling they pockets with the green, it will continue. Now Em mellowed out a little bit, not much. Jay-Z basically said autotune is wack so Kanye probably won't do it anymore and Wayne is Wayne.

Real talk.

kemizt

Raphael

No he didn't kill Hip-Hop. That title is reserve for Soulja Boy.  :laugh:
honestly.. Gucci Bandanna is better than anything Lil Wayne has done the last couple of years :P

OG Hack Wilson

lol look at this guy getting all cranky and crying lol

pot, meet kettle  ::)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

BIGWORM

Fuck he's whack but now he's putting on whacker artists like that new rapping dude thats dating Rhianna "DRAKE" from Toronto. Nobody from the T-Dot supports him and he's doing songs with the biggest names in the industry. He's some "forest hill' richboy that has no street cred here. Last month he got robbed for his watch outside my homies bar "Vivoli". The dude who did it got caught and I can't blame DRAKE because it was at gun point, but calling the police is questionable. I better not here this dude rapping anything gangster and hope his sticks with his smelling flowers teenie boy shit. I respect the dudes hustle because he's doing something right but god damn his music is for little girls...

westside159

like i said LOLLI POP is one of the worst songs in rap history and that new shit with Baby is garbage . He is just garbage now , just another mainstream rapper .  thats all

Triple OG Rapsodie

^Wayne & Kanye are the kind of artists who will just jump on whatever is next for rap music.

if the autotune fad ends, Weezy & Yeezy will stop doin' it; but will just jump on the next big thing.

even if Slaughterhouse somehow makes rap back to the way it use to be, Wayne & Kanye will just go back to it.

industry groupies; but still not a reason to hate on Wayne. he isn't that bad.

And that reason alone for most is why people do not like them. I digged Kanye's music because it did not sound like everyone elses. Now he is doing what every else is doing. Same with Wayne. And not as a diss to you Cham but why almost everytime someone does not like a artist does it have to be hating. Especially on this board. If you like a artist it is dick riding and being a groupie, if ya don't it is hating. Lil Wayne the rock shit, I can't get into it. The autotune sounds like a yelping dog that got its paw run over or something.

I agree with you on Kanye, but Wayne has never done his own thing. Even his earlier shit was just following up with the already established Cash Money style.

scrappy

• Lil Geezy
Wayne was good under the influence of the hot boys. Now hes sorry

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!

haha fuck wayne

Fuck he's whack but now he's putting on whacker artists like that new rapping dude thats dating Rhianna "DRAKE" from Toronto. Nobody from the T-Dot supports him and he's doing songs with the biggest names in the industry. He's some "forest hill' richboy that has no street cred here. Last month he got robbed for his watch outside my homies bar "Vivoli". The dude who did it got caught and I can't blame DRAKE because it was at gun point, but calling the police is questionable. I better not here this dude rapping anything gangster and hope his sticks with his smelling flowers teenie boy shit. I respect the dudes hustle because he's doing something right but god damn his music is for little girls...
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Lil Wayne is just an average rapper who is overhyped by the media and his fans, and it causes the rest of us to dislike him. His fans are the worst of all though, they constantly keep talking about him and calling him the best rapper alive, basically an insult to the many skilled rappers in the game. I'm not a weezy hater, I'm a weezy stan hater

ikke

If Wayne was killed in '99 you'd all be calling him a legend or something like that.

Ever noticed how all rappers who work closely with t-pain turn like that?
Maybe T-pain is pissed he couldn't make it as a rapper and now he's trying to kill hiphop xD

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn real talk

Lil Wayne is just an average rapper who is overhyped by the media and his fans, and it causes the rest of us to dislike him. His fans are the worst of all though, they constantly keep talking about him and calling him the best rapper alive, basically an insult to the many skilled rappers in the game. I'm not a weezy hater, I'm a weezy stan hater
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I used to hate Lil Wayne due to his voice which. at that time, thought was unappealing and that he looked so god damn ugly.   With that said I became a fan once I started hearing leaked Carter 3 tracks.  The final album was excellent.

How can anyone say he hasn't been good in years when he's made the following, 

Mr. Carter
A Milli
Dr.Carter
Tie My Hands
Mrs. Officer
Let the Beat Build
Shoot Me Down
Don't Get It

What is wrong with these tracks?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave