Author Topic: Official "Hip-Hop Confessions" Thread  (Read 1449 times)

Paul

Re: Official "Hip-Hop Confessions" Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 10:16:38 AM »
- I feel the demise of Cam'ron was when he announced he was working with scientists to invent his own colour.

haha

I never got inot Notorious BIGs music till last year

MY big cousin told me when i was like 6 doggystyle and rap along without knowing the words, just mumbling really
funkyfreshintheflesh

Cali_Raized

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2009, 01:44:34 PM »
- Got in a fight 2 new year eves ago when leaving the club bumping some Westcoast shit when someone in the car next to me said "turn off that gay ass westcoast shit" me and my homie who are both from cali got out the car and fought these guys just for saying that i still havent let the west vs east thing die lol im in virginia btw

Moe

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2009, 06:33:38 PM »
i was in 8th grade and in ireland on a school trip(i was in private school so instead of going to washington dc like all the poor people we went to europe!). on the 2nd to last day in some town that idont even remember the name of, we all went to a youth club party. half way though the night the dj played limp bizkits rolling. i got onto the floor and rolled around like an idiot. i knocked several irish kids down and they started fighting my friends. all of a sudden the whole party stopped and erupted in one large brawl. i got up and walked over to the snack bar and enjoyed the show. all of us americans got ejected from the party for starting the fight when those damn leprechauns threw the first punch.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2009, 07:10:23 PM »
I seen a thread about this somewhere about the Chronic, but I really thought all the cuss words brought the quality of the album down at first. Now I consider it a classic.

I remember thinking Kriss Kross' 2nd album Young Rich And Dangerous was a personal classic. Now listening to it, it was the beats that carried it.

I was a No Limit fan back in the day. Remember trying to keep up with all the release dates to buy the albums

My homies thought I was the BIGGEST weed head because my fav group is Cypress Hill. They almost had a heart attack when I told them I have never smoked weed LMAO.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2009, 08:43:58 PM »

I remember thinking Kriss Kross' 2nd album Young Rich And Dangerous was a personal classic. Now listening to it, it was the beats that carried it.

lol... word... atleast I'm not the only one...that was one of my favorite albums when it came out early 96
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The Watcher

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2009, 12:54:35 AM »
- i owned (now sold) every no limit cd released up until 2000
- my first copy of 'the chronic' was a tape from india. after some of the songs some wack indian music would play for about 2 seconds, i thought that's how the album sounded.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

TRG

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2009, 01:46:58 AM »
Most of these are from when i started listenin to rap.

- Eminem, Nelly and Limp Bizkit got me into hip hop
- 2001 and MMLP were the first hip hop albums i bought, 3 years after they came out
- I can no longer (even to this day) listen to "Cleaning Out My Closet" because of how much it played on the radio.
- I've still got a Lil Bow Wow single. (cant remember which song)
- I've never really liked Mobb Deep
- I used to think G-Unit was an actual gang
- Up until 2001 i thought 2Pac was alive.
- My mum wouldnt let me buy "Doggystyle" because of the title lol
- I used to get yelled at for playing DMX too loud.

as u can see im the 1998-2001 generation

2euce 7even

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2009, 03:54:54 AM »
- when i was 13 i was throwin up tha dub in tha class and some stupid guys was like: "fuck off, with your WU-TANG shit"...i kicked his ass  8)

Paul

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2009, 04:36:51 AM »

- my first copy of 'the chronic' was a tape from india. after some of the songs some wack indian music would play for about 2 seconds, i thought that's how the album sounded.

haha
funkyfreshintheflesh

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2009, 05:28:43 AM »
- when i was 13 i was throwin up tha dub in tha class and some stupid guys was like: "fuck off, with your WU-TANG shit"...i kicked his ass  8)
haha, lmao
+1
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2009, 06:11:31 AM »

LMAO!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2009, 11:56:11 AM »
Most of these are from when i started listenin to rap.

- Eminem, Nelly and Limp Bizkit got me into hip hop
- 2001 and MMLP were the first hip hop albums i bought, 3 years after they came out
- I can no longer (even to this day) listen to "Cleaning Out My Closet" because of how much it played on the radio.
- I've still got a Lil Bow Wow single. (cant remember which song)
- I've never really liked Mobb Deep
- I used to think G-Unit was an actual gang
- Up until 2001 i thought 2Pac was alive.
- My mum wouldnt let me buy "Doggystyle" because of the title lol
- I used to get yelled at for playing DMX too loud.

as u can see im the 1998-2001 generation

:laugh: censorship is a bitch  ;)

ikke

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2009, 12:19:34 PM »
I used to be a reall g-unit fan when I was like 12, now I don't listen to that shit at all, only have get rich or die trying on my computer now.

When I first got 2001 and the chronic I just put 'm in my playlist and didn't really listen to it.
Then somehow I knew all tracks and there my favorite albums now.

I didn't know that every rapper exept eminem was black untill somebody told me

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2009, 04:14:27 PM »
- I bought J-Kwon's album. Went crazy for a week becuz I couldn't figure out how the fuck I picked up the edited version. Come to find out, Wal-mart only sells clean records. Well at least at that time, don't know bout now.

RapAddict

• 'G'
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2009, 11:27:19 PM »
-After checking out HipHopDX's reviews of albums and seeing Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor at the top and a 5/5 album i went out and purchased it.  When I listened to it I couldn't get into it as I thought the beats we're boring as hell,  After the Cool came out I purchased it because it was on sale listened to it and was amazed, I went back and listened to Food & Liquor again and ended up playing it straight for about 2 months and it's still one of my favourite albums.

- I think I'm going to be crucified for this but I can't stand g-funk, I can't listen to The Chronic or Doggystyle and didn't like Warren G's Regulate.
dj smeeze "you dont have his cd in the deck listening to it? and it's a double frisbee i mean double cd!"