Author Topic: Official "Hip-Hop Confessions" Thread  (Read 1405 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Official "Hip-Hop Confessions" Thread
« on: June 23, 2009, 06:45:35 AM »
-I've been listening to the DJ Premier/Royce Da 5'9" track "Friends" for 10 years, even used an excerpt for my ringtone, and only realized yesterday Royce's "friend" in the song is his dick.

-Back in 1993 I went to best buy to get 2pac's second album after seeing "I Get Around" and "Keep Ya Head Up" on MTV... then I didn't buy it just because it was titled "Strictly 4 My Niggaz" (and I was white... still am white, by the way).

-I was watching MTV in the morning before school and saw the very end of Snoop's "Doggy Dogg World" track.  It was a retro video, but I actually thought it was something really old.  I went to school and told my friends that I caught one of Snoop's really old video's from before he was famous.

-I thought that Aaliyah's "Back And Forth" was on the Above The Rim soundtrack just because they were playing basketball in the video, and I liked the song, so I went to buy the soundtrack and was dissapointed to see it wasn't on there.  When I heard the Dogg Pound track "Big Pimpin" I thought that Snoop wasn't a killer anymore now that he had money and that he had become a pimp.  I thought all his songs from then on would sound the same.

-I didn't believe Snoop really "did drugs".  I thought he was just rappin about it (for whatever the reason).  Because when I was 11 I thought that there was no way he could be such a great rapper if he was "on drugs", lol.

-I like the Chronic album so much in 1993 that I went to the record store to try to find other Snoop Doggy Dogg or Dr. Dre cd's.  I couldn't find any, but then I found "Concrete Roots"!!

-When I first heard Doggystyle, I thought I had the wrong cd because the un-censored versions of the "Gin and Juice" and "What's My Name" were so much different.  

-When Warren G came out with Regulators I told my friend the only song I liked on it was "Recognize" because Warren G's music was soft, but that since he made that song with Snoop that it was a harder track.  I didn't realize then it was just a sample Warren used on the hook "Ya'll, bustaz better recognize" and that it wasn't an actual Snoop and Warren G collabo.

-In summer 98 I went to the store to by King Tee "Thy Kingdom Come", the lady said they didn't have it, and I thought she was just too lazy to look.  I went and grabbed the Source off the magazine rack and showed her that it said, King Tee "Thy Kingdom Come" IN STORES NOW, because I thought this was proof that they had to have it in stores.  I was pissed at the store clerk... turns out the album didn't end up dropping till 2002, lol.

...I have a lot more I will post more later
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 03:31:31 PM by Exit Infinite.. Enter Grammar »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Big B

Re: Official "Hip-Hop Confessions" Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:06:31 AM »
i kenew that UNLV was signed to cash money records. i blindly bought unlv- return of the trend setters. i was disappointed when i found out that it was bounce music.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 04:43:16 PM »
- IM REALLY WHITE, SO I ALWAYS TURN MY GANGSTA RAP DOWN REAL LOW WHEN IM DRIVING THRU THEE HOOD

- OR WHENEVER I SEE A BLACK PERSON ACROSS THE STREET. EITHER THAT OR ROLL UP MY WINDOWS

jk

im hispanic :)

Citizen-Y

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:40:05 PM »
I was a huge No Limit head back in 97-99.  I bought Soula Slim's album Give it to em Raw just because he looked so fucking ghetto.  Was a good cd though.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 06:44:41 PM »
- I used to want to be the 5th member of The Hot Boys. I use to dress with bandanas all over. Legs, head, arms, wrists and sag my pants like crazy. I used to get the $ sign chains from the 50 cent machines outside Kmart. Bling bling.

herpes

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 07:49:03 PM »
I was P's ghostwriter.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 08:03:12 PM »
- I refused to buy a eastcoast CD, no matter how dope, all the way until DMX's first album, then for some reason I thought it was OK to go back and buy all of Nas's albums.

- I stole a demo copy of Kingdom Come from King Tee (i think like 3 tracks) from my college radio station, never got a chance to listen to it 'cause it was stolen. Irony

- I use to freestyle at work for like one straight hour, and really wished I could remember like 1/4th of what I said, most my keystyles came from those freestyles

- I could not stop listening to Immortal Technique for like 2 years straight. My cousin called my out and then I really haven't listen to him since except for his 3rd World CD

- I use to try to break dance, so when I heard unedited tapes (Ice Cube, Eazy E among others) I started putting the middle figure in every other move thinking my dancing was "Parental Advisory" (I was 12)

- My cousin gave my first tape, Eazy Does It, but I was always afraid to put it on the cursing side 'cause my dad might hear.

HipHopISalive

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 08:18:02 PM »
My first rap/hip hop cd i bought was Fantastic Voyage by coolio  :-\ i was in grade 2..
CHARGERS, BLAZERS, CANUCKS, UCLA

Aero

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 09:04:10 PM »
-when i first startded listening to LCN i thought they were all blacks...

@ mdogg i listen to immortal techniques 'freedom of speech' at least twice a day for the past year and still believe hes the shit
p.s. i aslo thought he was black lol
damn those voices be trickin me ..

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 09:08:06 PM »
- I refused to buy a eastcoast CD, no matter how dope, all the way until DMX's first album, then for some reason I thought it was OK to go back and buy all of Nas's albums.

lol.. yeah, I think a lot of us here at the forum took the East Coast/West Coast beef seriously and wouldn't support East Coast artists.   I remember when Dre denounced gangsta rap in the summer 96 cover article of the Source, I was like... "man, I really have to turn my life around", I started trying to be more positive in my life after that.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 09:10:09 PM by Exit Infinite.. Enter Grammar »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

double_a

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 09:09:18 PM »
i bought lil cease first album :-[
when i was a kid my mom took my ice t og tape from me put it in the car radio then threw it out the window

Big B

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 06:52:23 AM »
my mom bought a coolio- it takes a theif cassette on clearance many years prior. i found it in my moms sewing room, and one day i opened it up to play it but realised i no longer owned a tape deck. i then gave it to a poor people charity.

i bought obie trices cd so that i could win a trip to see eminem in the studio. the first copy i bought did not have the "golden ticket". I returned that copy and bought another one. it also did not win but decided to keep it because i thought that 2 returns in 15 minutes would not be cool and i would be banned from media play for life. when i walked to the store all i copuld think about was flying up to detroit. when i walked home i was disappointed

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 07:05:26 AM »
- i once tried to get my mom to listen to hip hop in the car and try to explain why its not just a bunch of curse words

- i learned how to dance like omarion so when i went to the club and did it on a female, she got intimidated... hip hop fact: Females usually dont have any rhythm and go to the club just to "SHAKE IT" and show off.. try this: next time your grinding on a female try to do it with rhythm youll be like are we listening to the same song?? i hear tupac all around the world, you must be hearing some garth brooks

- i use to think jungle was where hip hop was going because KRS one did a couple of jungle tracks

-i showed up to protest for the wake up show, when it went off of the air on 100.3 the beat in l.a. and they're were numerous posts about it on the internet, and no one had the gall to show up.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 07:11:01 AM by NauticaICE »

MediumL

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 07:27:50 AM »
- When i was younger i wrote a song about big tits, cars and weed to perform in one of my music classes. Luckily i didnt have to do it and instead pressed pre-recorded beats on a keyboard while another kid rapped.

- I refused to listen to any 50 Cent music for most of 2005 because it was all that was on the radio

- I pretended to like old classics when I was younger just to make me more hip hop.

- When i was younger I took off all my Eminem music from my Ipod cause i didnt think he was gangster enough...

- First explicit rap songs I heard were on the Slim Shady LP. SOme kid snuck a cd player into school and we all crowded round to listen to My Name Is. Me and most of the other kids shouted boring when any other track came on.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 07:30:15 AM by MediumL »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

2euce 7even

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 09:36:12 AM »
very very good topic, something tells me it will end up in "classic" category.

- when i was young, i thought 2pac and makaveli were diferent persons.

- ........                 i thought hip-hop and rap were completely diferent genres of music.

- ........                 i couldnt find out what words like "da", "ya", "g",etc. ment.

- ........                 i thought the "parental advisory explicit lyrics/content" logo was DEATH ROW logo and thought
                           "all these rappers" were down with snoop and pac.

- ........                 i thought big syke and notorious BIG were the same ppl...before i checked the credits in the CD booklet,
                           all i had was a tape with no credits and i thought syke and BIG were same because of the voice..

- ........                 i used to boykott east coast rap and throw up the dub in every pic i took,
                           sag my pants, wear long necklaces, chains,etc., to look like a "rapper"

more to come.....