Author Topic: Official "Hip-Hop Confessions" Thread  (Read 1403 times)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Official "Hip-Hop Confessions" Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 10:19:40 AM »
- I refused to buy a eastcoast CD, no matter how dope, all the way until DMX's first album, then for some reason I thought it was OK to go back and buy all of Nas's albums.

95% of active members in the West Coast section have never listened to a East Coast rapper.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 01:03:54 PM »
During the West/East beef I was so pro-West Coast I used to get into arguments with this kid on my bus everyday and my reason for West being better was that they sold more records. And I was so pro-West that when Pac died I refused to listen to anything from Bad Boy although I liked the songs Biggie was putting out and the day Biggie died my mom told me and I said "So..." damn I feel bad now cause as I grew older Biggie became a favorite but I did buy Ready To Die and Life After Death in 94/97 when they dropped although I hated the East.

Big B

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 01:09:50 PM »
in 1997 my sister found a makivelli cd in a mall parking lot. she took it home and gave it to me. later that year at the beach my cousin and i were burning aol and compuserve cds for fun. we ran out of discs and i ran upstairs and grabbed the makiavelli cd. my cousin asked who it was and i responded "oh some stupid rapper" we then proceded to burn it.

OchoCinco

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 01:20:23 PM »
Ayo for yayo
Walk around with yayo, all in my nasal
I must have been craze yo

this used be my favorite song back when i was young in elementary and i never knew what he meant by that but i always thot it just sounded cool.
MY parents musta been like wtf is he listening too.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 01:23:03 PM by Ocho »

2euce 7even

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 02:22:06 PM »
in 1997 my sister found a makivelli cd in a mall parking lot. she took it home and gave it to me. later that year at the beach my cousin and i were burning aol and compuserve cds for fun. we ran out of discs and i ran upstairs and grabbed the makiavelli cd. my cousin asked who it was and i responded "oh some stupid rapper" we then proceded to burn it.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!   ;D

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 03:53:42 PM »
- i once tried to get my mom to listen to hip hop in the car and try to explain why its not just a bunch of curse words

- i learned how to dance like omarion so when i went to the club and did it on a female, she got intimidated... hip hop fact: Females usually dont have any rhythm and go to the club just to "SHAKE IT" and show off.. try this: next time your grinding on a female try to do it with rhythm youll be like are we listening to the same song?? i hear tupac all around the world, you must be hearing some garth brooks

- i use to think jungle was where hip hop was going because KRS one did a couple of jungle tracks

-i showed up to protest for the wake up show, when it went off of the air on 100.3 the beat in l.a. and they're were numerous posts about it on the internet, and no one had the gall to show up.

That's some good shit right there.. +1
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 04:00:18 PM »
- I used to make BET Top 25 lists, ya know the music countdown show, lol, anyways I used to make like 16 hundred lists and Juvenile's Back That Azz Up was always number one. I used to believe that was the greatest rap record ever, for the longest.

- Than Nelly came out.... and I thought Country Grammar was the best thang since sliced bread. One year I dressed up as son for Halloween and I even fuckin' made the damn #1 chain out cardboard and tin foil. Still gots it too. It was for a contest and I was so pissed I lost.

- I used to recite DMX lines like crazy and before I knew somethang was wrong wit it..I was in the back car with my neighbors and they moms and I remember screaming the 'suck my dick' part of Up In Here and they was all like 'Oh My God, no, man' LMAO, than one day in school I was going 'Ya'll gonna make me lose my mind, up in here, up in here', than my manz goes to me 'nah boy you singin' it wrong it's not up in here it's up the hill' so I'm like no it ain't, nigga you dumb? So I go home that day and me and a whole buncha niggas was sittin' under a tree chillin' it's all quiet and my DUMBASS starts singin' 'Ya'll gonna make me lose my mind, up the hill, up the hill'...I got clowned on for dayz....

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 04:03:45 PM »
- I use to try to break dance, so when I heard unedited tapes (Ice Cube, Eazy E among others) I started putting the middle figure in every other move thinking my dancing was "Parental Advisory" (I was 12)
- when i was young, i thought 2pac and makaveli were diferent persons.

- ........                 i thought hip-hop and rap were completely diferent genres of music.

- ........                 i thought the "parental advisory explicit lyrics/content" logo was DEATH ROW logo and thought
                           "all these rappers" were down with snoop and pac.

LMFAO!

Raphael

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 04:18:20 PM »
i used to think N.W.A. was a fat black guy cause they all sounded the same to me at first.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2009, 04:42:37 PM »
as far as "confessions", i guess these may do:

-the song "Changes" by 2pac is so played out.....yet it's the song that got me into 2pac when i was 11

-i own two ICP cd's and only one BIGGIE cd  (i downloaded Life After Death lol)

-until my ex room mate turned me on to Gang Starr i used to ignore their shit because the name "Gang Starr" was lame to me LOL
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 04:59:59 PM »
These are my confessions....

It's huge pet peeve when people claim to love hip-hop and claim it's dead at the same time.  Nas's album of the same name was dope but I think it went over most people heads and just latched onto the statement which was properly fleshed out in the album.  

I hate when people act like there's a golden era of hip-hop.  I understand where they're coming from but I can't hep to think they're just a bunch of bitter old hags who are ignorant.

I used to hate 50 cent, Lloyd Banks, and Joe Budden but am a huge fan of all three  I also think 50 is one of the smartest rappers in the game but lately his product hasn't reflected his ability.  I think Joe Budden has just begun an era of his career where he will release his best product of music.  I expect his next album to shock many people because it will have a much improved beat selection and vocal diversity.

I fucking hate radio politics and think it's the major reason people think hip-hop is dead and that there haven't been any improvements since the golden era part 1 or 2.

I think Eminem's Encore gets too much hate.

I hope Bishop Lamont, Saigon, Papoose, Stat Quo, Black Milk, Elzhi and Joell Ortiz all properly blow up commercially.

I don't think Kid CuDi is hip-hop.  If anything he's a pseudo rapper, more spoken word poet with eclectic influences.  

After bumping Slaughterhouse and their individual music I realized how bad Kanye West and Lil Wayne are with their vocals.  

Game is probably my favorite vocalists of our era.  He's also been the greatest disappointment.  I wish he'd hire a ghost writer.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 05:07:16 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Moe

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 06:53:18 PM »
i tricked some guy at chruch to trade me 3 mix cds for his copies of all eyez on me, until the end of time and hnic. i found out that until the end of time and hnic were clean so i sold them. he later asked where his cds were, i told him i would bring them next week. i never went back.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 11:38:40 PM »
95% of the active members in the MAIN section have never listened to a East Coast rapper

Although those cats might  :P be ignorant.
The thing that bothers me more is those fucks that was only interested in the usual suspects and when they died or they felt they fell off,
and maybe found some new usual suspects from other regions,  :o :o
they forgot to read the memo that this is still a West Coast/Gangster Rap message board.
I'm sure there's web sites/message boards out there that focus on other regions that they can move on to...  8) 8) 8) 8)
instead of sticking around here bitching and complaining.  >:( >:( ;)

you've hit the nail on the head.

these are the same posters that claim that hiphop is dead ;)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 05:23:55 AM »
- I refused to buy a eastcoast CD, no matter how dope, all the way until DMX's first album, then for some reason I thought it was OK to go back and buy all of Nas's albums.

95% of active members in the West Coast section have never listened to a East Coast rapper.

Although those cats might  :P be ignorant.
The thing that bothers me more is those fucks that was only interested in the usual suspects and when they died or they felt they fell off,
and maybe found some new usual suspects from other regions:o :o
they forgot to read the memo that this is still a West Coast/Gangster Rap message board.
I'm sure there's web sites/message boards out there that focus on other regions that they can move on to...  8) 8) 8) 8)
instead of sticking around here bitching and complaining.  >:( >:( ;)

who are you taking aim at?

also, did you know that 71% of statistics are made up on the spot? 38% of the worlds population knows that.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 05:27:06 AM »

-until my ex room mate turned me on to Gang Starr i used to ignore their shit because the name "Gang Starr" was lame to me LOL

LOL... I thought the same thing, I thought it was some cheasy attempt to be like West Coast gangsta rap or something, like a Master P-like attempt. 
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)