Author Topic: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best  (Read 8526 times)

Jaydc555

Re: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2009, 02:41:07 AM »
Go listen to young boss vol 2 then.All original songs better then 90 percent of the albums we here these days.If you don't like that album theirs something wrong with your ears

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2009, 02:54:12 AM »
LOL Crookeds seriously dope but without an album u can't say this, Luda kills every guess spot hes ever done yet can't make an above average album for shit

Portugoal

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2009, 02:55:12 AM »
Crooked I > Michael Jackson

Jaydc555

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2009, 03:58:39 AM »
^thats just dumb.Truthfully a lot of artists best work comes from mixtapes.For example people like fabolous and Lloyd banks or jadakiss. I would listen to their mixtapes over their albums always.Artists have way more freedom on mixtapes

ikke

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 05:54:41 AM »
^thats just dumb.Truthfully a lot of artists best work comes from mixtapes.For example people like fabolous and Lloyd banks or jadakiss. I would listen to their mixtapes over their albums always.Artists have way more freedom on mixtapes

Too hard to keep up with that shit.
Don't like the beat jackin' at all,

I have trouble enough listening to everybody albums once <_<

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2009, 06:44:01 AM »
how do people shit on Crooked?

54 Hip Hop Weekly's (right?) >>> anything that most of your favorite artists ever did.

No, you don't even know my favorite artists

Go listen to young boss vol 2 then.All original songs better then 90 percent of the albums we here these days.If you don't like that album theirs something wrong with your ears

Its a good mixtape, but not better than 90% of the albums I hear.

Classic albums are part of what make you a great rapper. Nas wouldn't be as great as he is without Illmatic. Snoop wouldn't be jack without Doggystyle. On pure rhyming alone I'd put him in my top 20, but he doesn't have the best flow and he needs to expand his subject matter beyond that of the typical gangsta shtick.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2009, 07:28:27 AM »
you can't even consider him...he has never put out an album.  That is the true test...making a classic album.

stop thinking like it's 1995

we live in the digital age now...albums are worthless
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2009, 07:29:33 AM »

8)  
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2009, 07:49:14 AM »
With or Without DJ Skee? (that's the torrent's I see here)

the one without Skee has no tags...i think theres a few differences in the tracklist but overall its the same

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2009, 08:07:10 AM »
he's a mixtape rapper, nothing more, and an average one at that
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2009, 08:09:30 AM »
he's a mixtape rapper, nothing more, and an average one at that

LOL okay homey.  you are the biggest joke on this board...even more than Krasno

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2009, 10:52:35 AM »

54 Hip Hop Weekly's (right?) >>> anything that most of your favorite artists ever did.
That's overreacting big time. 54 Freestyles on other rappers beats don't hold a candle to the best rappers. Unless you can hold an album on your own, you are just a talented lyricist not a great rapper.

Is Crooked I a great lyricist? For sure, but Suge also said that he can't make a consistent album. How can you disagree with that when he don't have an album out?
Joell Ortiz released an album on Koch Records, you really think that Crooked I has so much trouble finding the distribution deal or that he is waiting for the perfect moment?
He is afraid of his album and keeps on putting the release date forward and forward because he fears that if will flop critically or saleswise.

And before some of you start yapping about Block Obama and how it was a album, please tell me this:
Can you really say that Block Obama EP was a classic?

Hopefully someone can slap some sense to him so that he actually releases an album after Slaughterhouse pops. You can't expect people to consider you as one of the greats when you don't drop any albums. Don't tell me that he has to be considered with the likes of Cube, Dr. Dre & Snoop when he is dropping "so many free songs".

he killed the beat harder than the rapper who made the OG song on at least 47 of them lol.

why do you need an album to prove anything? would you really say Bow Wow >>> Crooked I because Bow Wow has more CDs out?

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2009, 11:07:52 AM »

That's overreacting big time. 54 Freestyles on other rappers beats don't hold a candle to the best rappers. Unless you can hold an album on your own, you are just a talented lyricist not a great rapper.

Is Crooked I a great lyricist? For sure, but Suge also said that he can't make a consistent album. How can you disagree with that when he don't have an album out?
Joell Ortiz released an album on Koch Records, you really think that Crooked I has so much trouble finding the distribution deal or that he is waiting for the perfect moment?
He is afraid of his album and keeps on putting the release date forward and forward because he fears that if will flop critically or saleswise.

And before some of you start yapping about Block Obama and how it was a album, please tell me this:
Can you really say that Block Obama EP was a classic?

Hopefully someone can slap some sense to him so that he actually releases an album after Slaughterhouse pops. You can't expect people to consider you as one of the greats when you don't drop any albums. Don't tell me that he has to be considered with the likes of Cube, Dr. Dre & Snoop when he is dropping "so many free songs".

he killed the beat harder than the rapper who made the OG song on at least 47 of them lol.

why do you need an album to prove anything? would you really say Bow Wow >>> Crooked I because Bow Wow has more CDs out?
Maybe you are not getting the point here. It's different to make consistent album with great quality from first track to the last than just throwing some club songs to the album. Even Vanilla Ice can do that.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2009, 11:12:36 AM »
^i see what you're sayin', but if Crooked took those Weekly's verses & put them over OG beats & put any 15 of them on an album everybody on here would be sayin' it's classic & Crooked is one of the best.

not sayin' i don't want Crooked to make an album; but if he's not, i don't see why that takes away from his rappin'.

whose better than Crooked besides the usual suspects (Pac & other legends)?

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2009, 11:19:54 AM »
Crookeds got a EP droppin in July, so we'll see what thats like, should be dope but the Block Obama EP was a letdown so who knows...