Author Topic: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best  (Read 8509 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »
that b.s. about taking the best songs off his mixtapes and making an album isn't gonna fly, because then you would have to start doing that for every rapper. The true test of a rapper is if they can come out with a single, cohesive, great album.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2009, 03:28:13 PM »
slaughterhouse is the best thing to happen to rap music

8)
i dont think they will do good, they will flop & fall off the face of the earth :-X

:laugh:

all Crooked fans are goin' to bump it, all Joey fans are goin' to bump it, all Joell fans are goin' to bump  it & all Royce fans are goin' to bump it; rap fans are goin' to bump it.

it won't flop & if it does, Slaughterhouse isn't about sales; it's about pleasing the fans & the fans will be pleased! ;D 8)

Al Bundy

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2009, 03:30:38 PM »
I like Al but he likes gucci mane....

LOL LOL LOL AND THAT FAGGOT HAS THE BALLS TO DISS CROOKED???  LOL AL BUNDY YOU ARE A JOKE

wow. mad much? LOL @ calling me a faggot when you sit on this forum making thread after thread after thread about your favorite jack-off material. you have a man crush on a rapper and you're calling me the faggot  ::)

"OH NO. AL BUNDY LIKES GUCCI MANE!"
ha ha +1

-1  to you

and -1 to you too

gucci mane?? please.

hack wilson is a hip-hop snob in the flesh

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2009, 03:36:37 PM »
Wow yeah hes the best rapper alive.....No nigga! False! Untrue! Negative!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2009, 03:38:26 PM »
their is definatly room for debate whether he is best rapper alive; but the whole thread is that he deserves to be concidered one of the best.

i still don't see that list of rappers who are better than Crooked I... ;)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »
their is definatly room for debate whether he is best rapper alive; but the whole thread is that he deserves to be concidered one of the best.

apparently Gucci Mane is better than Crooked

and Al bundy also says Spider Locc, 40 Glocc, Violent J and Bizarre are also better

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2009, 04:15:05 PM »

well, just out of the rock the bells lineup...

Royce
Nas
Black Thought
Common
RZA
KRS One
Supernatural
Talib Kweli
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:22:07 PM by rapsodie »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2009, 04:27:51 PM »

Royce
Nas
Black Thought
Common
RZA
KRS One
Supernatural
Talib Kweli

i LOVE all of the above rappers

but Common?  no

RZA?  HELL NO  (top 5 producer ever but as a rapper? are we kidding?)

Talib?  no

Supernat??? i have his albums and i'd still say HELL NO

KRS?  when both are at their best???  i'll take Crooked...KRS has a worse choice of beats than Canibus lol.  i understand his place in the game tho.

Royce?  i respectfully disagree

GZA?  this i can say is a fair claim.  Nas...that too.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2009, 05:02:58 PM »

Royce
Nas
Black Thought
Common
RZA
KRS One
Supernatural
Talib Kweli

i LOVE all of the above rappers

but Common?  no

RZA?  HELL NO  (top 5 producer ever but as a rapper? are we kidding?)

Talib?  no

Supernat??? i have his albums and i'd still say HELL NO

KRS?  when both are at their best???  i'll take Crooked...KRS has a worse choice of beats than Canibus lol.  i understand his place in the game tho.

Royce?  i respectfully disagree

GZA?  this i can say is a fair claim.  Nas...that too.

take out RZA. I was thinking of GZA when I wrote that. All the rest are still better than Crooked, Royce is about the same level as Crooked.

Crooked doesn't have the lyrical depth that some of these rappers do. How many conceptual songs has he done? 90% of the songs he does is on some hood shit. Not saying there's anything wrong with that but more versatile rappers are able to switch it up and cover more subject matter. Take Pac for example. He made a song dedicated to his mother. He made a song for women who have to raise kids on their own. Crooked still has to grow because right now I see him as your typical gangsta rapper, just with more rhyming ability. He could be one of the greatest in the future, but he's not there yet.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 05:18:11 PM by rapsodie »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2009, 06:34:16 PM »
Despite the change in the industry, albums are still an important deciding factor. You might have the best wordplay, punchlines, etc. or be a better battle rapper than so and so but I think there is a big difference in the artist who can steal the show with a 16 on someone else's album and one who can carry 16 consecutive tracks on his own. Jadakiss can make good concept records, he can write heartfelt, and he definitely has some of the meanest punchlines but I think he never gets mentioned in quite the same air as a Jay-Z or Nas because he's never had that defining album. Even, Scarface, who isn't exactly a mainstream radio favorite is still generally validated by many in the "greatest rapper" argument because they can point out his consistency when it comes to albums.

Jaydc555

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2009, 07:33:22 PM »
Agreed with Jimmy.But as far as raw skills goes crooked shits on most rappers.And people who say can't make songs have their ears closed

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2009, 07:55:11 PM »

Royce
Nas
Black Thought
Common
RZA
KRS One
Supernatural
Talib Kweli

Black Thought ain't noooooooo joke. Rarely comes up in convo about great mcs. Supernatural also

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2009, 07:58:41 PM »

Royce
Nas
Black Thought
Common
RZA
KRS One
Supernatural
Talib Kweli

Royce, probably agree; but he is one of the best for me; All Time, of course Nas; Black Thought is close & the rest of the list no lol.

so two people lol; one bein' Nas, one of the greatest rappers ever. :laugh:

Jaydc555

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2009, 08:34:04 PM »
I'm sorry but did you just say chamillionaire could murder crook?LOL!go listen to the song they did together

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2009, 08:36:27 PM »
I'm sorry but did you just say chamillionaire could murder crook?LOL!go listen to the song they did together

me? ???