Author Topic: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best  (Read 8516 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2009, 08:57:21 PM »
their is definatly room for debate whether he is best rapper alive; but the whole thread is that he deserves to be concidered one of the best.

i still don't see that list of rappers who are better than Crooked I... ;)

well, just out of the rock the bells lineup...

Royce
Nas
Black Thought
Common
RZA
KRS One
Supernatural
Talib Kweli

Royce, probably agree; but he is one of the best for me; All Time, of course Nas; Black Thought is close & the rest of the list no lol.

so two people lol; one bein' Nas, one of the greatest rappers ever. :laugh:

Just cause you disagree doesn't make it so. Most people would agree with me. And I only listed half the rappers in the Rock the Bells lineup, as an example. I can come up with a much longer list if need be.

There shouldn't be any question that Common's a better rapper. I Used to Love H.E.R. is considered one of the greatest hip hop songs of all time. Crooked I has never made a song like that, and I don't believe he can. He's purely good at being a battle-style rapper, he has no lyrical depth.

The same goes for Talib Kweli, even though he's not even in my list of top emcees. Do you even own any Talib Kweli or Common albums?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 09:02:07 PM by rapsodie »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2009, 09:00:39 PM »
^please...try lol.

Al Bundy

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2009, 09:55:14 PM »
their is definatly room for debate whether he is best rapper alive; but the whole thread is that he deserves to be concidered one of the best.

apparently Gucci Mane is better than Crooked

and Al bundy also says Spider Locc, 40 Glocc, Violent J and Bizarre are also better

you're fucking stupid. really stupid. not once have I said "so and so rapper > crooked i" you can go through all of my posts and not find that shit

you're just like a little girl, trying to use whatever they can as a argument. "well you like gucci mane"

seriously, if that's the best you can come up with then i shouldn't waste my time responding to you. you're bitter because i called you out on your man crush. in the words of cam'ron allah "U MAD?"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2009, 10:17:32 PM »
Crooked I's a great lyricist, but not the greatest. At his prime, Snoop Doggy Dogg wins and even Crooked I-stans will agree that 2Pac is better. East's Big L (R.I.P.) and South's Scarface or Chamillionaire could murder him easily if they ever wanted to. At the end of the day Crooked I is average and there are too many opinions in the world to decide who's the greatest.
I don't agree. Pac is a better writer in terms of capturing emotional socially-concious content but even he admiited he wasn't the greatest lyricist in hip-hop. Pac is a tough one, particulary in these forums, because so many people treat him like the be all end all when it's all just a matter of what you're into in most cases.

pill

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2009, 01:35:59 AM »
I would love for crooked to put out a album, But it takes more than punchlines to be one of the greats. Now I agree there's about 20 great tracks that he's put out. But to put him up at the level of a Snoop, Common, Red Man, Nas, or Cube is not fair to Crooked or these artist. How many years have these cats been under them hot lights, having every person size up there albums. Yeah I know he has put out a few mixtapes but what are we harder on a mixtapes or albums. I would love to see him standing side by side with these cats. But intill his time comes chill out, and hope like hell B.o.s.s comes out and blows him up.

2euce 7even

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2009, 04:06:32 AM »
CROOK THIS, CROOK THAT, BUT TELL ME WHY?
WHY IS HE "BEST RAPPER", "THE BEST WEST COAST RAPPER", "BEST MC`S"?
PROVE IT.

Hasn't he proven it through his music?

By the way I don't think he is the best of ALL TIME, but he definitely shits on current day emcees.

i know he got lyrical skillz as an MC but does he have SONGS?songs you can listen to as a song and not because of the rhyme strategy?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2009, 07:22:00 AM »

Royce
Nas
Black Thought
Common
RZA
KRS One
Supernatural
Talib Kweli

i LOVE all of the above rappers

but Common?  no

RZA?  HELL NO  (top 5 producer ever but as a rapper? are we kidding?)

Talib?  no

Supernat??? i have his albums and i'd still say HELL NO

KRS?  when both are at their best???  i'll take Crooked...KRS has a worse choice of beats than Canibus lol.  i understand his place in the game tho.

Royce?  i respectfully disagree

GZA?  this i can say is a fair claim.  Nas...that too.

take out RZA. I was thinking of GZA when I wrote that. All the rest are still better than Crooked, Royce is about the same level as Crooked.

Crooked doesn't have the lyrical depth that some of these rappers do. How many conceptual songs has he done? 90% of the songs he does is on some hood shit. Not saying there's anything wrong with that but more versatile rappers are able to switch it up and cover more subject matter. Take Pac for example. He made a song dedicated to his mother. He made a song for women who have to raise kids on their own. Crooked still has to grow because right now I see him as your typical gangsta rapper, just with more rhyming ability. He could be one of the greatest in the future, but he's not there yet.

"people call me a gangsta rapper, i'm a gangsta emcee"

it's where he came from....he's no different subject matter wise than Snoop, Kurupt etc.    you can argue the most creative song Snoop ever did was "The Shaggy Show" beacuse it was a 5 minute collaboration rap talk show

I had a dream, I would rise to the top
You haters like it or not, Who number 1?, I got my eyes on your spot
The west coast treat me I like was 'Pac
Now all I need is the whole world to bang Crooked I on your block
I'm out the hood if you couldn't tell
I've been shot at, stabbed, and put in jail
I've been homeless in places you wouldn't dwell
Feel these words as if they were put in brail

I did not lose cause I knew that I couldn't fail

Dude comes from a different place than you.  he lives a different lifestyle than you or I.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2009, 11:02:42 AM »
^please...try lol.

just for your insolence, I'm giving you a list of 10 ALL underground emcees better than Crooked

J-Live
Illogic
Celph Titled
Icon the Mic King
Aceyalone
Blackalicious
Mr. Lif
Eyedea
Homeboy Sandman
MC Juice (yeah Hack)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 11:18:18 AM by rapsodie »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2009, 11:17:46 AM »

Royce
Nas
Black Thought
Common
RZA
KRS One
Supernatural
Talib Kweli

i LOVE all of the above rappers

but Common?  no

RZA?  HELL NO  (top 5 producer ever but as a rapper? are we kidding?)

Talib?  no

Supernat??? i have his albums and i'd still say HELL NO

KRS?  when both are at their best???  i'll take Crooked...KRS has a worse choice of beats than Canibus lol.  i understand his place in the game tho.

Royce?  i respectfully disagree

GZA?  this i can say is a fair claim.  Nas...that too.

take out RZA. I was thinking of GZA when I wrote that. All the rest are still better than Crooked, Royce is about the same level as Crooked.

Crooked doesn't have the lyrical depth that some of these rappers do. How many conceptual songs has he done? 90% of the songs he does is on some hood shit. Not saying there's anything wrong with that but more versatile rappers are able to switch it up and cover more subject matter. Take Pac for example. He made a song dedicated to his mother. He made a song for women who have to raise kids on their own. Crooked still has to grow because right now I see him as your typical gangsta rapper, just with more rhyming ability. He could be one of the greatest in the future, but he's not there yet.

"people call me a gangsta rapper, i'm a gangsta emcee"

it's where he came from....he's no different subject matter wise than Snoop, Kurupt etc.    you can argue the most creative song Snoop ever did was "The Shaggy Show" beacuse it was a 5 minute collaboration rap talk show
Dude comes from a different place than you.  he lives a different lifestyle than you or I.

Hence why Snoop and Kurupt aren't in my top 10. I'll put it out there right now, that I think Crooked I is a better emcee than Snoop. (Not sure about Kurupt in his prime though).

Rappers like 2Pac and Nas came from the hood as well, they also speak on the hood in some of their songs, yet their subject matter far surpasses anything Crooked has touched on. Hell, Crooked doesn't even claim but he spends most of his songs talking about that shit. He may have had a rough life growing up, but he's still a human being, he goes through the same things we all go through. And he's living comfortably now isn't he? Its not like he's still stuck in that rut. Having come from the hood and having lived that life shouldn't limit your creativity, matter of fact it should expand it and give you more to talk about. But too many rappers get caught up in portraying a certain image in their music and forget to be human beings.

I'm not hating on Crooked I, I have most of his mixtapes. On pure rhyming ability and not taking anything else into account, he's probably in my top 20. But he's not the greatest like the two of you thnk he is. Especially when you take into account every other aspect of rapping like subject matter, flow, alliteration, metaphor and all that other poetic shit.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 11:30:01 AM by rapsodie »

ikke

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2009, 11:55:33 AM »
Can Somebody Send me the slaughterhouse remix off DOA?

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2009, 12:37:01 PM »
greatest rapper breathin today

Crooked I hour

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
Im still looking for the boss album I guest this was right.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2009, 02:23:20 PM »
^please...try lol.

just for your insolence, I'm giving you a list of 10 ALL underground emcees better than Crooked

J-Live
Illogic
Celph Titled
Icon the Mic King
Aceyalone
Blackalicious
Mr. Lif
Eyedea
Homeboy Sandman
MC Juice (yeah Hack)

no idea who any of those guys are besides Juice & Blackalicious & Black isn't better than Crooked; maybe Juice.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2009, 02:45:37 PM »
^please...try lol.

J-Live
Illogic
Celph Titled
Icon the Mic King
Aceyalone
Blackalicious
Mr. Lif
Eyedea
Homeboy Sandman
MC Juice (yeah Hack)

no idea who any of those guys are besides Juice & Blackalicious & Black is better than Crooked; maybe Juice.

Go check out their albums...then we'll talk
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 02:49:57 PM by rapsodie »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2009, 02:50:14 PM »
^please...try lol.

J-Live
Illogic
Celph Titled
Icon the Mic King
Aceyalone
Blackalicious
Mr. Lif
Eyedea
Homeboy Sandman
MC Juice (yeah Hack)

no idea who any of those guys are besides Juice & Blackalicious & Black is better than Crooked; maybe Juice.

I can agree that MC JUICE is better than Crooked

however...Eyedea's studio music is horrible minus 4 songs from the "first born" album...but eyedea is an amazing freestyler

Illogic? Icon?  Mr Lif?? no no and no lol.

C Rayz Walz shits on Celph Titled...you should've listed C Rayz instead haha

i'm not very up on j-live or this "sandman" fellow so i can't comment on them...who do they run with?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens