Author Topic: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best  (Read 8518 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2009, 03:36:25 PM »
^please...try lol.

just for your insolence, I'm giving you a list of 10 ALL underground emcees better than Crooked

J-Live
Illogic
Celph Titled
Icon the Mic King
Aceyalone
Blackalicious
Mr. Lif
Eyedea
Homeboy Sandman
MC Juice (yeah Hack)

no idea who any of those guys are besides Juice & Blackalicious & Black is better than Crooked; maybe Juice.

I can agree that MC JUICE is better than Crooked

however...Eyedea's studio music is horrible minus 4 songs from the "first born" album...but eyedea is an amazing freestyler

Illogic? Icon?  Mr Lif?? no no and no lol.

C Rayz Walz shits on Celph Titled...you should've listed C Rayz instead haha

i'm not very up on j-live or this "sandman" fellow so i can't comment on them...who do they run with?

Eyedea's best songs Crooked hasn't come close to, and he still outrhymes Crooked, even on his weaker shit

Illogic is definitely better than Crooked. The dude spits pure poetry.

Icon: nuff said

Mr. Lif: sick story rap. This is only the second part though.

Celph Titled:

Sandman's style is kinda wierd, but he's a beast at spitting multis

J-Live is awesome. He's got mic skills AND he knows his beats. Don't sleep on him.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:41:45 PM by rapsodie »

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2009, 05:06:13 PM »
Whats up with everyone saying Snoop is a great MC, seriously? No hate but dude doesnt write his own lyrics so i dont see how you can even mention him in a sentence with any top MCs, not to mention he only has one great album and most of that was due to Dres production and guidance...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2009, 05:11:37 PM »
Snoop isn't a great emcee. He's a legend for his longevity and for repping the west for so long, but he doesn't have the mic skills, or the discography of a great rapper.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2009, 05:23:07 PM »
Snoop isn't a great emcee. He's a legend for his longevity and for repping the west for so long, but he doesn't have the mic skills, or the discography of a great rapper.

Exactly, thats why i dont get why people are dropping his name into this thread, didnt one person even say Snoop > Crooked, like seriously WTF

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »

Exactly, thats why i dont get why people are dropping his name into this thread, didnt one person even say Snoop > Crooked, like seriously WTF

some people on this board act like it's a week after Doggystyle dropped & he is the greatest rapper alive; but the real cats know the truth.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2009, 12:25:55 PM »
I like Al but he likes gucci mane....

LOL LOL LOL AND THAT FAGGOT HAS THE BALLS TO DISS CROOKED???  LOL AL BUNDY YOU ARE A JOKE
crack wilson, you're obviously not smart enough to comprehend Al Bundy's comments

8)

their is definatly room for debate whether he is best rapper alive; but the whole thread is that he deserves to be concidered one of the best.

i still don't see that list of rappers who are better than Crooked I... ;)

apparently Gucci Mane is better than Crooked

and Al bundy also says Spider Locc, 40 Glocc, Violent J and Bizarre are also better

you're fucking stupid. really stupid. not once have I said "so and so rapper > crooked i" you can go through all of my posts and not find that shit

you're just like a little girl, trying to use whatever they can as a argument. "well you like gucci mane"

seriously, if that's the best you can come up with then i shouldn't waste my time responding to you. you're bitter because i called you out on your man crush. in the words of cam'ron allah "U MAD?"
ayo Bundy, Crack wilson is a gimmick, treat it as such ;) :laugh:
you can train him like a dog you know  :D

some people on this board act like it's a week after Doggystyle dropped & he is the greatest rapper alive; but the real cats know the truth.
perhaps it's time for the real people to take over the forum?

will the real people please stand up  :laugh:  :raisetheroof:

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »
two bosses lol but nah
crooked does deserve to be one of the best str8 up but not havin a album doesnt help him but it doesnt make him a wack rapper
crooked's crazy lyrics>>>>>>snoops best work
(CROOKEDS CRAZY LYRICS THAT HE WROTE HIMSELF>>>>>>snoop not writin his own raps LOL

Crooked I > Michael Jackson
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2009, 01:26:04 PM »
two bosses lol but nah
crooked does deserve to be one of the best str8 up but not havin a album doesnt help him but it doesnt make him a wack rapper
(CROOKEDS CRAZY LYRICS THAT HE WROTE HIMSELF>>>>>>snoop not writin his own raps LOL

crooked I is better than Snoop, no one is debating that. But Snoop isn't even one of the greatest rappers. His lyrics are plain average. There are hundreds of sick lyricists out, and a lot of them have had albums out. Crooked is good, but I can't call him one of the greatest without any kind of legacy.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2009, 01:53:22 PM »
Im still looking for the boss album I guest this was right.

lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2009, 02:00:41 PM »
valid points but wait or so you dont consider crooked one of the greatest considerin hes one of the best to ever touch a mic (accordin to many)
-who can wreck a mic like crooked?  (there are some but snoop doesnt come close)
-who can deliver like crooked?  (there are some but crookeds one of the dopest to it)

bottomline, him bein one of the best lyricists to ever wreck a mic should validate him as bein one of the best
now i want a album from him no doubt, and he needs to drop 1, but him not havin a album shouldnt make him a "wack rapper" or any less bein considered as one of the best cuz he didnt drop a album

two bosses lol but nah

crooked I is better than Snoop, no one is debating that. But Snoop isn't even one of the greatest rappers. His lyrics are plain average. There are hundreds of sick lyricists out, and a lot of them have had albums out. Crooked is good, but I can't call him one of the greatest without any kind of legacy.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2009, 03:14:05 PM »
valid points but wait or so you dont consider crooked one of the greatest considerin hes one of the best to ever touch a mic (accordin to many)
-who can wreck a mic like crooked?  (there are some but snoop doesnt come close)
-who can deliver like crooked?  (there are some but crookeds one of the dopest to it)

bottomline, him bein one of the best lyricists to ever wreck a mic should validate him as bein one of the best
now i want a album from him no doubt, and he needs to drop 1, but him not havin a album shouldnt make him a "wack rapper" or any less bein considered as one of the best cuz he didnt drop a album

two bosses lol but nah

If you check my earlier posts, I listed a bunch of rappers who can do it better than him.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2009, 03:19:30 PM »
to each is own and everyone has their own opinion but IMO crooked could eat every one of them rappers up
crooked is shy and he dont like to speak up otherwise it would be a real slaughterhouse if he was slaughterin muffuccaz lol
looks like j-hood might be next tho

^please...try lol.

just for your insolence, I'm giving you a list of 10 ALL underground emcees better than Crooked

J-Live
Illogic
Celph Titled
Icon the Mic King
Aceyalone
Blackalicious
Mr. Lif
Eyedea
Homeboy Sandman
MC Juice (yeah Hack)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 03:23:13 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
Cube

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2009, 03:24:47 PM »
Why does this thread have 5 pages, with a title like that it's a freepost thread if ever I saw one.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2009, 03:38:42 PM »
to each is own and everyone has their own opinion but IMO crooked could eat every one of them rappers up
crooked is shy and he dont like to speak up otherwise it would be a real slaughterhouse if he was slaughterin muffuccaz lol
looks like j-hood might be next tho

^please...try lol.

J-Live
Illogic
Celph Titled
Icon the Mic King
Aceyalone
Blackalicious
Mr. Lif
Eyedea
Homeboy Sandman
MC Juice (yeah Hack)

hahah, I'd like to see him try. Everyone on my list is an actual skilled freestyler. Who has Crooked battled with?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2009, 03:41:04 PM »

Being a great lyricist is a very important part of it but it's only part of the picture. Being one of the top lyricists but never putting out an album is kind of like being one of the top scorers in the NBA but never making the playoffs. There are more factors to it than having great lyrics. For example, there is Pac. Arguably one of the top runners in "the greatest" debate. In my opinion, if we're judging strictly on his skill as a lyricist, he's probably not even in the top 50. But he's probably the most influential artist in rap music. He had a work ethic that was unmatched. When it came to writing heartfelt shit, he was in a class all his own. Guys like Jay-Z and Eminem are called the "greatest" not just strictly because they are great lyricists but because they know how to make songs that leave a lasting impression. Snoop might not be a hardcore mic-ripper but when it comes to delivering something on a smooth, laid-back sing-songy kind of tip, he carved a niche for himself with that style when he broke into the game. He was identified as being the voice behind that sound. Whether he was the first or best person to ever do that style is as irrelevant as whether N.W.A where the first or best group to make "gangsta" rap records.

Guys like Crooked I, Jadakiss, Ras Kass, Canibus... All some of the best lyricists in rap but very rarely mentioned in the same breath as Pac, Big, Scarface, etc. when it comes to the debate of who the best artists are.