Author Topic: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best  (Read 8532 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2009, 03:45:59 PM »
People here don't even know what being a great "lyricist" means. Look it up in the dictionary. Its more than stringing multis together.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2009, 03:51:24 PM »
nah i feel what your sayin but jus cuz crooked hasnt released a album shouldnt be a reason to shoot down his entrance to bein one of the best aite no album from crooked but the traxx that he has released have been dope and some have been fire, some even state them as bein classic
im talkin about the flow that he has that not many will ever be able to have again or come thru wit again
of course wit a album he would have solidified his spot and been looked at differently as he is now cept hes bein looked at different now cuz hes dope but hasnt dropped a album still
while crooked has been "kept" behind moreso than others, still those others have made mistakes jus like crooked has.  again crooked has prolly made more, but there arent many who come close to crookeds flow which is why he should be considered one of the best
ONE OF THE BEST LYRICALLY (WHICH ISNT EVEN A DEBATE LOL)

and i dont know whos crooked battled wit, but I think he could take them on in a battle
and im speakin more on a base of makin muzik, as in goin in the lab and cookin something up
even tho crooked battles or freestyles, that isnt where he creates the best work-ITS MAKIN SONGS IMO

valid points but wait or so you dont consider crooked one of the greatest considerin hes one of the best to ever touch a mic (accordin to many)
-who can wreck a mic like crooked?  (there are some but snoop doesnt come close)
-who can deliver like crooked?  (there are some but crookeds one of the dopest to it)

bottomline, him bein one of the best lyricists to ever wreck a mic should validate him as bein one of the best
now i want a album from him no doubt, and he needs to drop 1, but him not havin a album shouldnt make him a "wack rapper" or any less bein considered as one of the best cuz he didnt drop a album
Being a great lyricist is a very important part of it but it's only part of the picture. Being one of the top lyricists but never putting out an album is kind of like being one of the top scorers in the NBA but never making the playoffs. There are more factors to it than having great lyrics. For example, there is Pac. Arguably one of the top runners in "the greatest" debate. In my opinion, if we're judging strictly on his skill as a lyricist, he's probably not even in the top 50. But he's probably the most influential artist in rap music. He had a work ethic that was unmatched. When it came to writing heartfelt shit, he was in a class all his own. Guys like Jay-Z and Eminem are called the "greatest" not just strictly because they are great lyricists but because they know how to make songs that leave a lasting impression. Snoop might not be a hardcore mic-ripper but when it comes to delivering something on a smooth, laid-back sing-songy kind of tip, he carved a niche for himself with that style when he broke into the game. He was identified as being the voice behind that sound. Whether he was the first or best person to ever do that style is as irrelevant as whether N.W.A where the first or best group to make "gangsta" rap records.

Guys like Crooked I, Jadakiss, Ras Kass, Canibus... All some of the best lyricists in rap but very rarely mentioned in the same breath as Pac, Big, Scarface, etc. when it comes to the debate of who the best artists are.

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2009, 10:52:40 AM »
nah i feel what your sayin but jus cuz crooked hasnt released a album shouldnt be a reason to shoot down his entrance to bein one of the best aite no album from crooked but the traxx that he has released have been dope and some have been fire, some even state them as bein classic
im talkin about the flow that he has that not many will ever be able to have again or come thru wit again
of course wit a album he would have solidified his spot and been looked at differently as he is now cept hes bein looked at different now cuz hes dope but hasnt dropped a album still
while crooked has been "kept" behind moreso than others, still those others have made mistakes jus like crooked has.  again crooked has prolly made more, but there arent many who come close to crookeds flow which is why he should be considered one of the best
ONE OF THE BEST LYRICALLY (WHICH ISNT EVEN A DEBATE LOL)

and i dont know whos crooked battled wit, but I think he could take them on in a battle
and im speakin more on a base of makin muzik, as in goin in the lab and cookin something up
even tho crooked battles or freestyles, that isnt where he creates the best work-ITS MAKIN SONGS IMO

valid points but wait or so you dont consider crooked one of the greatest considerin hes one of the best to ever touch a mic (accordin to many)
-who can wreck a mic like crooked?  (there are some but snoop doesnt come close)
-who can deliver like crooked?  (there are some but crookeds one of the dopest to it)

bottomline, him bein one of the best lyricists to ever wreck a mic should validate him as bein one of the best
now i want a album from him no doubt, and he needs to drop 1, but him not havin a album shouldnt make him a "wack rapper" or any less bein considered as one of the best cuz he didnt drop a album
Being a great lyricist is a very important part of it but it's only part of the picture. Being one of the top lyricists but never putting out an album is kind of like being one of the top scorers in the NBA but never making the playoffs. There are more factors to it than having great lyrics. For example, there is Pac. Arguably one of the top runners in "the greatest" debate. In my opinion, if we're judging strictly on his skill as a lyricist, he's probably not even in the top 50. But he's probably the most influential artist in rap music. He had a work ethic that was unmatched. When it came to writing heartfelt shit, he was in a class all his own. Guys like Jay-Z and Eminem are called the "greatest" not just strictly because they are great lyricists but because they know how to make songs that leave a lasting impression. Snoop might not be a hardcore mic-ripper but when it comes to delivering something on a smooth, laid-back sing-songy kind of tip, he carved a niche for himself with that style when he broke into the game. He was identified as being the voice behind that sound. Whether he was the first or best person to ever do that style is as irrelevant as whether N.W.A where the first or best group to make "gangsta" rap records.

Guys like Crooked I, Jadakiss, Ras Kass, Canibus... All some of the best lyricists in rap but very rarely mentioned in the same breath as Pac, Big, Scarface, etc. when it comes to the debate of who the best artists are.

As far as rhyming, I'll say he's pretty good, but even then his vocabulary isn't really anything special. But being lyrical isn't all about rhyming as I said earlier. Its about wordplay, using metaphors, similes, having emotion, being able to cover a wide range of subject matter, being able to do conceptual type songs. Crooked isn't a complete lyricist in that respect.

As far as flow, no he's not one of the best. In my opinion he's got an average flow. He doesn't ride the beat as well as some other artists can. When I listen to a Crooked I song, I listen to it for the lyrics, but most of the time I don't go "damn he made that beat his."

And as far as making songs, HELL NO Crooked doesn't come close to being one of the greatest. We've got over 30 years of classic hip hop songs, hundreds of rappers with classic albums and songs and Crooked's greatest accomplishment is a freestyle series where he uses other people's beats and song concepts.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2009, 11:10:34 AM »
he sure deserves to be considered one of the greatest,

but there are too many rappers that are great and never reached wide mainstream love because of their business moves or for example extra intelligent lyrics etc etc, they dont have the ability to dumb down for greater masses or refuse to.. :)

crooked is most complete rapper today when it comes to flow, lyrics, storytelling...etc dude has it all.

no matter how biased some people are they should check just few of his songs and its gonna be clear to them that dude is complete as they come:

Rap Killers, My Life, All I Ever Wanted, Uh Oh, I Love The Ghetto, Ive Suffered Too Long, Nobody Understands Me, Boom Boom Clap, Str8 Bosses, Ride Wit A G, Niggaz Got Games....i can go on and on, not to mention some of the HHW shit.

Croooked I for sure one of the GOATS, no doubt, thats not even a debate, we can just feel sorry for people that never heard of him or never had a chance to.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2009, 01:12:40 PM »
he sure deserves to be considered one of the greatest,

but there are too many rappers that are great and never reached wide mainstream love because of their business moves or for example extra intelligent lyrics etc etc, they dont have the ability to dumb down for greater masses or refuse to.. :)

crooked is most complete rapper today when it comes to flow, lyrics, storytelling...etc dude has it all.

no matter how biased some people are they should check just few of his songs and its gonna be clear to them that dude is complete as they come:

Rap Killers, My Life, All I Ever Wanted, Uh Oh, I Love The Ghetto, Ive Suffered Too Long, Nobody Understands Me, Boom Boom Clap, Str8 Bosses, Ride Wit A G, Niggaz Got Games....i can go on and on, not to mention some of the HHW shit.

Croooked I for sure one of the GOATS, no doubt, thats not even a debate, we can just feel sorry for people that never heard of him or never had a chance to.

fuck I gotta repeat myself?

As far as rhyming, I'll say he's pretty good, but even then his vocabulary isn't really anything special. But being lyrical isn't all about rhyming as I said earlier. Its about wordplay, using metaphors, similes, having emotion, being able to cover a wide range of subject matter, being able to do conceptual type songs. Crooked isn't a complete lyricist in that respect.

As far as flow, no he's not one of the best. In my opinion he's got an average flow. He doesn't ride the beat as well as some other artists can. When I listen to a Crooked I song, I listen to it for the lyrics, but most of the time I don't go "damn he made that beat his."

And as far as making songs, HELL NO Crooked doesn't come close to being one of the greatest. We've got over 30 years of classic hip hop songs, hundreds of rappers with classic albums and songs and Crooked's greatest accomplishment is a freestyle series where he uses other people's beats and song concepts.

like you say in your post, there are too many rappers that are great that never get mainstream love. Crooked is in no way is a complete rapper. He is a gangsta rapper with some extra rhyming ability. The stanning on this board is ridiculous. For most of the people on here, Crooked is like the only underground rapper they know.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 01:18:46 PM by rapsodie »

Elano

« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2009, 01:17:54 PM »
albums are so 1990's...we're in the digital era now....nobody cares about CDs lol
ya,NOW.
what's up with the last 10 years ?  :loser:

PsychoToons5150

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2009, 02:51:54 PM »
Fuck if Crooked I is as great as you say he is why in the fuck hasnt he put out a cd yet. anybody can do a mixtape. its ok just doing mixtapes just to get a buzz but damn hes been doing them for years. I will be damned if I even consider dude to be all that good til I hear a real track from him off a real cd. you got so many rappers that were spose to be all that but never put out a cd or havent yet. umm let me think Bishop Lamont, Papose, G Malone even though he has a cd coming out. I mean fuck just cuz your fans like you doesnt mean the mainstream will thats why you need to put out a cd so everybody can hear it and then he will have the right to say I am one of the best. but until then your just another rapper with a ok buzz. so if you really think hes all that great Harass the fuck out of him til he drops a real cd.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2009, 04:27:54 PM »
let's say Crooked I put out a great album, a near classic, maybe even a classic album & it sold 15,000 copies; would that "album" raise Crooked I on "whose the best?" lists?

i mean if it doesn't matter how it sells, what does it matter if he makes one?

i said it before, he could have taken any 15 Hip Hop Weekly's (could have been his 15 WORST ones) & put an original beat over it & 80% of the people on this board would call that album "near classic".

Crooked I's greatest hits are better than more than half of rappers putting out shit today; i don't see how him being album-less affects how he is as a rapper at all.

the Slaughterhouse album is dropping this summer, he is a part of that so it's basically one of "his" albums; will that make you change your opinon on him?

then he has an EP & then supposivly his album; but i still don't see how putting out an album will determine how good of a rapper you are. ???

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2009, 04:40:17 PM »
Dave Chappell As 2pac > Crooked I

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2009, 04:42:15 PM »
Dave Chappell As 2pac > Crooked I rap & comedy.

fixed. ;D

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2009, 04:46:03 PM »
Dave Chappell As 2pac > Crooked I rap & comedy.

fixed. ;D

Yes TY. Looks much better now.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2009, 04:47:23 PM »
let's say Crooked I put out a great album, a near classic, maybe even a classic album & it sold 15,000 copies; would that "album" raise Crooked I on "whose the best?" lists?

i mean if it doesn't matter how it sells, what does it matter if he makes one?

i said it before, he could have taken any 15 Hip Hop Weekly's (could have been his 15 WORST ones) & put an original beat over it & 80% of the people on this board would call that album "near classic".

Crooked I's greatest hits are better than more than half of rappers putting out shit today; i don't see how him being album-less affects how he is as a rapper at all.

the Slaughterhouse album is dropping this summer, he is a part of that so it's basically one of "his" albums; will that make you change your opinon on him?

then he has an EP & then supposivly his album; but i still don't see how putting out an album will determine how good of a rapper you are. ???

15 of his songs that use other rapper's beats and ideas? I don't think so. They are good freestyles, but they aren't songs. There's a difference in case you didn't know. Also, 80% of the people on this board would call anything Crooked does classic because all his fans hang out here. I could go to an Eminem forum and they would be calling Relapse a classic.

An album definitely is a part of how good of a rapper you are (though it isn't the only thing). Look at Face for example. if it wasn't for the quality of his albums he wouldn't be worth mentioning because lyrically he is average.

If the Slaughterhouse album is a good album it will definitely raise the bar for him. But he'll have to come out with several consistent albums on his own before I can even consider him one of the greatest.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2009, 05:54:40 PM »
^other rappers ideas?

on Week 44 he used the 'Til I Collapse beat; which had nothing to do reppin' anything & Crooked rapped about "being" Long Beach, one of my favorite Weekly's; but either way for me i think his best verses on the Weekly's are better than 85% of the verses rappers put on albums today.

look at Fab, a respected rapper, he softens shit up on his album as shows off his skill on underground shit.

albums don't mean anything because the whole point of an album is to sell records; i mean some rappers put out albums "for the fans", but the general point of an album is to make money & the music Crooked I makes wouldn't sell; he would need Wayne or Drake to feature, have some autotuned hooks & maybe some Game features.

i mean he went to Akon when he was big for the Dream Big hook; didn't catch on mainstream though. Crooked I would sell a total of 2,000 copies lol.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2009, 06:00:57 PM »
damn crooked gets alot of hate
nah not everything hes dropped has been dope (freestyles, traxx etc...)
but damn i mean hes dope
he talks about everything
and like cham click said even if he would have dropped album that sold whatever it sold, if it isnt goin to sell, what does it matter if he releases one or not?
exactly it shouldnt, but that doesnt mean its good that he hasnt released a album
but to hate on him or say he shouldnt be considered one of the best is insane
aite ja rule has released many albums some of em many "state" are classic
but ill take (as many would) all the dopest crooked traxx over everything ja rule has ever done, why cuz not many can touch crooked on the mic
NOT MANY CAN DO WHAT CROOKED CAN DO AND HAS DONE ON THE MIC
AND THE ONES THAT CANT DO WHAT HE CAN DO, ALL HAVE RELEASED "CLASSIC ALBUMS"
CROOKED I IS A BIG DEAL LOL
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2009, 07:40:49 PM »
damn crooked gets alot of hate
nah not everything hes dropped has been dope (freestyles, traxx etc...)
but damn i mean hes dope
he talks about everything
and like cham click said even if he would have dropped album that sold whatever it sold, if it isnt goin to sell, what does it matter if he releases one or not?
exactly it shouldnt, but that doesnt mean its good that he hasnt released a album
but to hate on him or say he shouldnt be considered one of the best is insane
aite ja rule has released many albums some of em many "state" are classic
but ill take (as many would) all the dopest crooked traxx over everything ja rule has ever done, why cuz not many can touch crooked on the mic
NOT MANY CAN DO WHAT CROOKED CAN DO AND HAS DONE ON THE MIC
AND THE ONES THAT CANT DO WHAT HE CAN DO, ALL HAVE RELEASED "CLASSIC ALBUMS"
CROOKED I IS A BIG DEAL LOL

How the fuck am I hating by saying he's not one of the greatest? I've said repeatedly he's dope, but there are tons of dope rappers out, especially in the underground, not to mention the legends of hip hop and rappers who have actually put out classic albums. You people talk like he's the only rapper you listen to. You're right that Crooked is a big deal on the west coast underground scene. But to call him one of the greatest rappers is just plain stanning.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 07:42:37 PM by rapsodie »