Author Topic: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best  (Read 8510 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2009, 07:48:17 PM »
nah "your hatin in a good way lo"
but nah for real only way we would know is if crooked goes up agaisnt the rappers you mentioned and we would see who would win
crooked's talent is underrated and is shadowed cuz he hasnt released a album
give him
studio thats paid for
production from whoever (dope beats0
and he will bring his own pen, IMO he will outrap damn near 94.213% of the rappers world wide (includin your list)

damn crooked gets alot of hate
nah not everything hes dropped has been dope (freestyles, traxx etc...)
but damn i mean hes dope
he talks about everything
and like cham click said even if he would have dropped album that sold whatever it sold, if it isnt goin to sell, what does it matter if he releases one or not?
exactly it shouldnt, but that doesnt mean its good that he hasnt released a album
but to hate on him or say he shouldnt be considered one of the best is insane
aite ja rule has released many albums some of em many "state" are classic
but ill take (as many would) all the dopest crooked traxx over everything ja rule has ever done, why cuz not many can touch crooked on the mic
NOT MANY CAN DO WHAT CROOKED CAN DO AND HAS DONE ON THE MIC
AND THE ONES THAT CANT DO WHAT HE CAN DO, ALL HAVE RELEASED "CLASSIC ALBUMS"
CROOKED I IS A BIG DEAL LOL

How the fuck am I hating by saying he's not one of the greatest? I've said repeatedly he's dope, but there are tons of dope rappers out, especially in the underground, not to mention the legends of hip hop and rappers who have actually put out classic albums. You people talk like he's the only rapper you listen to.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2009, 08:35:28 PM »
^other rappers ideas?

on Week 44 he used the 'Til I Collapse beat; which had nothing to do reppin' anything & Crooked rapped about "being" Long Beach, one of my favorite Weekly's; but either way for me i think his best verses on the Weekly's are better than 85% of the verses rappers put on albums today.

look at Fab, a respected rapper, he softens shit up on his album as shows off his skill on underground shit.

albums don't mean anything because the whole point of an album is to sell records; i mean some rappers put out albums "for the fans", but the general point of an album is to make money & the music Crooked I makes wouldn't sell; he would need Wayne or Drake to feature, have some autotuned hooks & maybe some Game features.

i mean he went to Akon when he was big for the Dream Big hook; didn't catch on mainstream though. Crooked I would sell a total of 2,000 copies lol.

He takes other rapper's ideas because he has already seen how they flow and can make a classic song. Often he will rap at the same speed as they did.

Lol since when is fab a respected rapper? He ISN'T a respected rapper because he raps mostly for chicks and doesn't come out with good albums. I've heard a few songs where he actually spits but that doesn't make him a great rapper. Why do you bring up mediocre rappers to try and prove your point?

The point of an album is to make a classic album that will appeal to your fan base. Obviously you want your fans to buy it. But that doesn't mean you're trying to sell a million copies. That's why every other underground rapper who's been around as long as Crooked has several albums under their belt. Now obviously these guys are making good music, not making songs targeting 14 year old girls. He doesn't have to sell a million copies to be considered a great rapper. Look at Black Thought and The Roots, and every other critically acclaimed underground artist. Rapping freestyles over other people's beats is not the same as making your own classic album with classic songs.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2009, 09:25:06 PM »
^i personally think Fab, on his A game, bar for bar is a fuckin' force to be reckoned with on the mic.

but anyway, i get what you're point is; i just don't agree with it lol.

i'll just wait for a Crooked album (however long that will take) & bring this back up then lol.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2009, 09:32:49 PM »
cham click and the rest of the world
for real tho, crooked and loso.....fabo....whatever his name is shouldnt be in the same sentence
crooked in his sleep makin his worst possible song>>>>>fabolous workin wit qd3 lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2009, 10:27:44 PM »
An album definitely is a part of how good of a rapper you are (though it isn't the only thing). Look at Face for example. if it wasn't for the quality of his albums he wouldn't be worth mentioning because lyrically he is average.

But Face has both a commanding flow and is a good storyteller. Also, things I'd say of Snoop.

And for the album comment that so many seem to be subscribing to. Albums do matter. Albums aren't just collections of hit records thrown together to please the masses. Well, at least they shouldn't be. A good album should be well-constructed with songs that while different can transation from one to the other smoothly. Albums are credibility. Think of how much the perception of someone like 50 Cent or The Game was changed, once their album was on store shelves.

Just because they're not endorsing an artist as the greatest of all-time does not make them a hater. Crooked I is one of the most talented artists out of the West without question but I just don't think he's a valid contendor for "greatest" yet. I'd be the first to endorse him as the one of the most "underrated" rappers but it takes time to get that "greatest" kind of recognition. This is in no way meant to downplay Crooked. As far as him being better than 90% of rappers out today, I agree with that too. Thing is only 2% of rappers working these days are cats I would consider for the title of "greatest".

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2009, 02:53:04 AM »
damn this thread is getting bigger and bigger every day...deal is we all dont have the same ear for music, lotta people in here , im one of those, consider crooked a completer rapper cause of his flow, lyrics, storytelling, ability to show emotions in his songs, connect with the listener, other people dont feel his shit as much, like bunch of people dont feel Games stuff, Jay Z stuff, etc...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

IF NOT ME THEN WHO

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2009, 12:10:51 PM »
CROOK COULD WEAR A CROWN ID AGREE

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2009, 04:57:25 PM »
some of yall suck his dick way too hard

yes

but Crooked I is still dope though...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2009, 05:55:49 PM »
Okay I have another question...do you consider Crooked I to be better than Pac?

EFFeX

« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2009, 06:20:32 PM »
I chimed in on this thread earlier, but didn't really have time to state my entire opinion on the topic. Admittedly, I have not had a chance to read the other comments, but I will respond to the original question of whether or not Crooked I should be considered on of the best.

While I don't think the question is invalid, I am not sure any answers that were presented hold any weight. I say that because I believe that music is based on opinion and preference. Even widely recognized artists such as 2 Pac and Biggie Smalls are not universally accepted as "the best'. Not everyone is going to co-sign an individual one hundred percent. Personally, I think Crooked I is one of the best of our time, but that's MY opinion. I say this because after 10 years of listening to his music he has not changed up and has kept his music honest. Furthermore, while Hip Hop fans may not be able to connect with Crooked I the individual, he has made music that ANYONE can relate to. He's mad club bangers, street anthems, political and social songs as well as thought out introspective cuts. The versatility that he has presented throughout his career is amazing and the ability to gain such a fan base without a solo debut record is simply incredible. I always knew that Crooked I's fan base was world wide, but it wasn't until I opened The B.O.S.S. Board that I was truly able to understand his music's reach. Crooked I's following is WORLD WIDE and people love his music, it's almost unreal. I think a lot of people have been able to relate to his drive and goals. After so many road blocks Crooked I still has not given up and I think a lot of people find that to be inspirational. Personally, that's one of the aspects to his career that I respect the most.

Getting back to the question though, I don't think there is a definite answer. My Top 5 is different than the next man's. It's all personal preference and I know some people would laugh at my favorites. However, it's my opinion that Crooked I deserves to be mentioned in a Top 10 list whether or not anyone else agrees. It's not an irrelevant question, in fact it makes for a great discussion. At the end of the day though, a list will never affect my ranking of artists.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 06:22:53 PM by EFFeX »

Aaron

• 'G'
  • C.O.B. Circle of Bosses
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2009, 04:31:05 AM »

Crooked I the greatest rapper alive atm but Pac the greatest rapper ever to do it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2009, 09:58:49 AM »

Crooked I the greatest rapper alive atm but Pac the greatest rapper ever to do it.

first, i'm not even calling him the best rapper alive, i truly believe that Budden & Royce are better rappers; but Crooked is a very close third.

secondly, FUCK NO! Pac is the GOAT in my opinon & any other legend like that is probably (can't say for sure) better than Crooked I.

but if you made a list of the top 50 rappers of all time & left Crooked out, i would be a little shocked.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2009, 10:29:48 AM »

first, i'm not even calling him the best rapper alive, i truly believe that Budden & Royce are better rappers; but Crooked is a very close third.

secondly, FUCK NO! Pac is the GOAT in my opinon & any other legend like that is probably (can't say for sure) better than Crooked I.

but if you made a list of the top 50 rappers of all time & left Crooked out, i would be a little shocked.

See that's kind of hypocritical because you are saying based on his rhyming ability Crooked is one of the greatest, but clearly Pac wasn't the greatest rhymer. Pac is considered the GOAT because of his influence and his ability to touch people, his ability to make classic albums and songs. But if you compared their rhyming ability clearly Crooked is better at stringing multis together than Pac. Look at a song like Hail Mary where Pac spits like poetry. I haven't heard a Crooked I verse that's poetic. That's why I can bring up a rapper like Common and say he is a greater rapper than Crooked, because he is a great lyricist, because he is more creative and has has a wider subject matter, because of his ability to make classic songs like I Used to Love H.E.R. IMO Crooked can't be considered one of the greatest rappers because he is not a complete emcee.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 10:31:28 AM by rapsodie »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2009, 10:58:43 AM »
see, no way lol.

Crooked I >>> Common & it's not even close.

like i said, he is a top 50 rapper; make a list (a real list), with no "gimmies" like Common & tell me Crooked I doesn't make it lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2009, 11:07:18 AM »
see, no way lol.

Crooked I >>> Common & it's not even close.

like i said, he is a top 50 rapper; make a list (a real list), with no "gimmies" like Common & tell me Crooked I doesn't make it lol.

What do you mean by "gimmie"? How the hell is Crooked better than Common? The man's got 6 classic/near classic albums and has been in the game since 92. His lyricism is universally praised. Crooked I doesn't even compare.

I'd make a list but you'd just go line by line and put "no" so there's no point. Most people in the world know Crooked isn't one of the greatest.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 11:08:53 AM by rapsodie »