Author Topic: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best  (Read 8511 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2009, 04:54:03 PM »
^LOL barely.

for a West Coast board Crooked is highly hated.

to the point where i am a "dick sucking groupie", when Crooked I isn't even in my own personal top 10 lol.

their isn't anyone groupie enough to make it clear that i am just a casual Crooked I fan who respects the music he puts out.

i just defend the point he should be one of the best; but i am by no means ride or die Crooked I.

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2009, 09:19:53 PM »
shittttt. ... id think bout it if he actually drop a solo album goddamn

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2009, 10:08:46 PM »
lol in the other thread you guys are saying 2Pac is better than Nas based on his albums. Hypocrites.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2009, 10:44:50 PM »
lol in the other thread you guys are saying 2Pac is better than Nas based on his albums. Hypocrites.

because they both put albums out, so when you compare them you compare their albums.

i mean, i am also willing to say all of Pac's best "off the album" shit >>> Nas's.

but when you are debating a rapper who has no albums you use what you got, which just happens to be at least a hundred songs. :stupid:

i wouldn't say Pac >>> J. Cole because Pac has an album, but all of Pac's songs (album or not) are better than anything he has put out (album or not).

but when you have two accomplished artists like Pac & Nas & they both have multiple albums you might as well compare them based off of their albums.

the fact Crooked I is a clear top 50 rapper & that's based off of non-album material speaks volumes on what he's put in. 8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2009, 11:00:51 PM »

because they both put albums out, so when you compare them you compare their albums.

i mean, i am also willing to say all of Pac's best "off the album" shit >>> Nas's.

but when you are debating a rapper who has no albums you use what you got, which just happens to be at least a hundred songs. :stupid:

i wouldn't say Pac >>> J. Cole because Pac has an album, but all of Pac's songs (album or not) are better than anything he has put out (album or not).

but when you have two accomplished artists like Pac & Nas & they both have multiple albums you might as well compare them based off of their albums.

the fact Crooked I is a clear top 50 rapper & that's based off of non-album material speaks volumes on what he's put in. 8)

I didn't see you or anyone else comparing songs on that thread.

And you haven't even spoke on Pac and Nas's non-album material, which makes up a great portion of their work. All I heard was this album >> that album. Nice try, I still call hypocrite.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2009, 11:46:22 PM »
the work on this album >>> the work on that album. :stupid:

the songs on this album >>> the songs on that album. :stupid:

Pac's best songs on four albums >>> Nas's best songs on four albums.  :stupid:

HENCE Tupac >>> Nas.

it's clear that nothing is going to convince you that Crooked I isn't a top 50 rapper all time, that is fine with me; i tried to explain things to you, you're not even allowing my thoughts to make sense in your head, whatever fine.

we're just going to have to agree to disagree. ;)

Jaydc555

« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2009, 11:50:18 PM »
I don't agree to that

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2009, 12:08:14 AM »
I don't agree to that

lmao, to what?

Jaydc555

« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2009, 12:10:41 AM »
Are you flirting with Me again?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2009, 12:11:16 AM »
Are you flirting with Me again?

LMAO, what?

what don't you agree on? ??? :D

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2009, 04:27:10 PM »

HENCE Tupac >>> Nas.

it's clear that nothing is going to convince you that Crooked I isn't a top 50 rapper all time, that is fine with me; i tried to explain things to you, you're not even allowing my thoughts to make sense in your head, whatever fine.

exactly. No one's comparing all the songs they have made. Both Pac and Nas have tons of songs outside of the ones released on their albums. Instead we are comparing the quality of their albums, and only their best ones at that.

You and Hack are making the argument that you could take the 15 best Crooked I songs and make a good album out of it. That would be true, if you ignore the fact that he's using recycled beats. However, that doesn't prove consistency, nor does it prove he is capable of making a great album on his own. I could also say that if we took Snoop's best songs and condensed it down to five albums, his discography would be a lot stronger and he would be seen as a better rapper. Hell, I could say that for any rapper. But we don't see things that way. He has to actually release the album on his own to prove he can make a great album.

And speaking on his use of other people's beats....if Nas's next album re-used the beats from the 15 hottest songs at the moment, would we be calling it a great album? Hell nah, we'd be questioning his lack of creativity. If Nas made an album entirely of freestyles, would we call it a great album? I seriously doubt it, because no matter how many sick lines he had its still just random rhymes thrown together with nothing holding them together. Crooked I's freestyle series proved he can spit. But it didn't prove that he's a great rapper. That's what the albums are for.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2009, 04:48:36 PM »
^c'mon now, if Nas went to the lab & took 15 exisiting beats & made a freestyle with 3 verses for each; then just transfered the words from his freestyles over exisiting beats onto original beats; i would make a billion dollar bet you could not tell me what beat he originally spit over.

if Crooked I would have just taken the verses (not the beats) & sold them & said "uhh, yeah, this is "BOSS"; it would be concidered a GREAT/near classic album.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2009, 04:56:46 PM »
crooked i songs NOT OVER OTHER PEOPLES BEATS:

-boom boom clap
-this is how we do this
-my life
-trafficking green
-w's down
-game 4 sale
-g'd up and banged out
-my life 2.0
-we ballin (feat eastwood)
-str8 bosses
-bitch  (feat too short and eastwood)
-gangsta rap (ft Scarface and Treach)
-respect your OGs
-american me
-all you haters (feat outlawz)

there, off the toppa my head i just made you a mix of Crooked I songs, that if put out as an album, shit on your favorite living rappers

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 04:58:28 PM by HACK WILSON »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

ikke

« Reply #163 on: July 06, 2009, 04:57:07 PM »

HENCE Tupac >>> Nas.

exactly. No one's comparing all the songs they have made. Both Pac and Nas have tons of songs outside of the ones released on their albums. Instead we are comparing the quality of their albums, and only their best ones at that.

You and Hack are making the argument that you could take the 15 best Crooked I songs and make a good album out of it. That would be true, if you ignore the fact that he's using recycled beats. However, that doesn't prove consistency, nor does it prove he is capable of making a great album on his own. I could also say that if we took Snoop's best songs and condensed it down to five albums, his discography would be a lot stronger and he would be seen as a better rapper. Hell, I could say that for any rapper. But we don't see things that way. He has to actually release the album on his own to prove he can make a great album.

And speaking on his use of other people's beats....if Nas's next album re-used the beats from the 15 hottest songs at the moment, would we be calling it a great album? Hell nah, we'd be questioning his lack of creativity. If Nas made an album entirely of freestyles, would we call it a great album? I seriously doubt it, because no matter how many sick lines he had its still just random rhymes thrown together with nothing holding them together. Crooked I's freestyle series proved he can spit. But it didn't prove that he's a great rapper. That's what the albums are for.
You're right they both have tons of unreleased shit.
but only the best songs were put on the album, so why listen to that shit, the artist didn't see it as worth listening to, so why listen to it?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #164 on: July 06, 2009, 05:03:40 PM »
crooked i songs NOT OVER OTHER PEOPLES BEATS:

-boom boom clap
-this is how we do this
-my life
-trafficking green
-w's down
-game 4 sale
-g'd up and banged out
-my life 2.0
-we ballin (feat eastwood)
-str8 bosses
-bitch  (feat too short and eastwood)
-gangsta rap (ft Scarface and Treach)
-respect your OGs
-american me
-all you haters (feat outlawz)

there, off the toppa my head i just made you a mix of Crooked I songs, that if put out as an album, shit on your favorite living rappers

that's a tough list to fuck with, but also you could just look at Method Man.

dude basically has a legendary career from Wu-Tang & their albums.

he had some dope solo albums, an arguable classic; but his main shit was the shit with Wu.

so why can't Crooked's shit with Slaughterhouse work for him? not sayin' we can use it yet, but it's a very safe bet that whatever he spits on this upcoming album will be HELLA close to classic if it's not.