Author Topic: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best  (Read 8514 times)

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Crooked i deserve to be considered one of the best
« Reply #165 on: July 06, 2009, 05:12:47 PM »
Crooked I's freestyle series proved he can spit. But it didn't prove that he's a great rapper. That's what the albums are for.

No no, his freestyles prove he's a great rapper. Albums are for selling out and making money.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #166 on: July 06, 2009, 05:40:52 PM »
crooked i songs NOT OVER OTHER PEOPLES BEATS:

-boom boom clap
-this is how we do this
-my life
-trafficking green
-w's down
-game 4 sale
-g'd up and banged out
-my life 2.0
-we ballin (feat eastwood)
-str8 bosses
-bitch  (feat too short and eastwood)
-gangsta rap (ft Scarface and Treach)
-respect your OGs
-american me
-all you haters (feat outlawz)

there, off the toppa my head i just made you a mix of Crooked I songs, that if put out as an album, shit on your favorite living rappers

that's a tough list to fuck with, but also you could just look at Method Man.

dude basically has a legendary career from Wu-Tang & their albums.

he had some dope solo albums, an arguable classic; but his main shit was the shit with Wu.

so why can't Crooked's shit with Slaughterhouse work for him? not sayin' we can use it yet, but it's a very safe bet that whatever he spits on this upcoming album will be HELLA close to classic if it's not.

[/quote]

yeah, tical and tical 2000 had their moments, but Meth to me was never as good as the hype was.  the GZA was clearly the most talented Wu member, and that's hands down, but for some reason Method Man and ODB were the 2 who really got famous....more so than the other 7 members.  

GZA had the best verses on 36 and Wu-Forever, and dropped the best of the solo albums (Liquid Swords).  RZA was the genius behind all their beats, but GZA was the genius behind the lyrical side of things.

dont get me wrong, Meth still held his own, and his songs with Redman are unforgettable as well.  but the GZA, that's the best from Wutang.

now back to that nigga Crooked....dude has dropped more heat over the past 11 years than ANYBODy.  

wanna know how many Crooked I has been out-shined on a song the last 11 years?

-california g's  (by Yukmouth)
-collatoral damage  (by Canibus)
-wack emcee's  (by all 3 memebrs of Slaughter)

and MAYBE "zee and me" on Young boss volume 1....both of them spit crazy, i can't really decide who's verse was better.

that's 4 songs lol

look for Crooked to be outshined by MC JUICE on Vakill's album this summer on a track called "Beast Ballad"

hey lets make a Crooked I album #2:

-House Party  ft Eastwood
-Living In The Hood
-Suge's West Coast ft. Kurupt and Eastwood
-If You Ever Hear Me
-Death Row Story
-LA City
-Murderin Emcee's
-Crooked Don't Dance
-Crooks N Doggs (ft Snoop Dogg....leftover song from Crook's first LP)
-Hit The Deck
-Crook N Me featuring Nate Dogg
-Third Degree featuring Saigon, Scram Jones and Nino Bless
-Gunned Down featuring Game and Jim Jones
-Cali Boyz
-Fight club featiring SLAUGHTERHOUSE

yeah...that's gonna be hard to top compared to 90% of albums put out this decade. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 05:49:43 PM by HACK WILSON »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #167 on: July 06, 2009, 05:49:32 PM »

-boom boom clap
-this is how we do this
-my life
-trafficking green
-w's down
-game 4 sale
-g'd up and banged out
-my life 2.0
-str8 bosses
-respect your OGs
-american me

there, off the toppa my head i just made you a mix of Crooked I songs, that if put out as an album, shit on your favorite living rappers

boom boom clap was dope 8) but the rest are just scraps

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #168 on: July 06, 2009, 05:52:44 PM »

-boom boom clap
-this is how we do this
-my life
-trafficking green
-w's down
-game 4 sale
-g'd up and banged out
-my life 2.0
-str8 bosses
-respect your OGs
-american me

boom boom clap was dope 8) but the rest are just scraps

my life
my life 2.0
game 4 sale
g'd up and banged out
str8 bosses

man these are ILL....each is timeless...they get BETTER each time you play t hem
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Blasphemy

« Reply #169 on: July 06, 2009, 06:06:47 PM »
I stated this earlier in a thread about Xzibit, that in order to become one of the greats you need at least the following:

have Album(s) that have topped the charts, been critical acclaimed, have caused a major controversy, and broken records, high selling, and have been able to affect not only the rap world for ever, but have managed to change the World Forever, and will be able to last the test of time(IE its nots just some retarded Temp Pop shit).

Crooked has made good tracks, but the moment he drops a album, is when we might be able to make a better judgment, considering A lot of people I know, don't know him, other then he was signed with Death Row and never dropped anything lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2009, 09:03:47 PM »
^the only way to top charts in todays world is by one of the following:

1. have Wayne on a track or more.
2. throw Drake on a track.
3. have a catchy hook that's drowning in autotune.
4. be Eminem.
5. completely sell out.

if you don't have one of those five on your album, you will not come close to making the charts.

Crooked I shouldn't & won't do any of this.

if he drops an album, no more than 30,000 people will ever hear it; even if it's the best album in the history of the game.

but also, lets say that Slaughterhouse drops three or four albums while they're all in their prime & spittin'.

make 3 near-classic/classic albums, but they OBVIOUSLY aren't going to sell at ALL, not even scratching the top 100 on the charts; you wouldn't call them one of the best rap groups of all time?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2009, 09:25:52 PM »

-boom boom clap
-this is how we do this
-my life
-trafficking green
-w's down
-game 4 sale
-g'd up and banged out
-my life 2.0
-str8 bosses
-respect your OGs
-american me

As I said before, this wouldn't show consistency or that he can make a good album on his own. But what the hell, I'll review it anyway out of 5.

Boom Boom Clap - 2
this is how we do this - 3
my life - 4.5
trafficking green - 3
w's down - 3
game 4 sale - 4
g'd up and banged out - 3
my life 2.0 - 4.5
we ballin - 2
str8 bosses - 3.5
bitch - 2.5
gangsta rap - 2.5
respect your OGs - 4
American Me - 4
All You Haters - isn't this by the outlawz? 4

This would make an above average album, but not even close to a classic. And no, he wouldn't shit on my favorite rappers, living or not. He's not even the king of mixtapes, how's he gonna fuck with dude's with classic albums out?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2009, 09:30:58 PM »
I stated this earlier in a thread about Xzibit, that in order to become one of the greats you need at least the following:

have Album(s) that have topped the charts, been critical acclaimed, have caused a major controversy, and broken records, high selling, and have been able to affect not only the rap world for ever, but have managed to change the World Forever, and will be able to last the test of time(IE its nots just some retarded Temp Pop shit).

Crooked has made good tracks, but the moment he drops a album, is when we might be able to make a better judgment, considering A lot of people I know, don't know him, other then he was signed with Death Row and never dropped anything lol

I agree with most of this except for the sales. You don't have to top the charts but it has to be a critically acclaimed album (IE Illmatic or Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde didn't sell well when they first came out, but they were critically acclaimed). This is a point I forgot to mention when I reviewed Hack's tracklist. It would have made an okay album but it wouldn't have stuck out. It would've been like your standard gangsta rap album except by a better lyricist. He hasn't dropped any classics that would stand the test of time.

Jaydc555

« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2009, 09:36:34 PM »
I think your the only person who doesn't like we ballin

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2009, 10:26:24 PM »

-boom boom clap
-this is how we do this
-my life
-trafficking green
-w's down
-game 4 sale
-g'd up and banged out
-my life 2.0
-str8 bosses
-respect your OGs
-american me

As I said before, this wouldn't show consistency or that he can make a good album on his own. But what the hell, I'll review it anyway out of 5.

Boom Boom Clap - 2
this is how we do this - 3
my life - 4.5
trafficking green - 3
w's down - 3
game 4 sale - 4
g'd up and banged out - 3
my life 2.0 - 4.5
we ballin - 2
str8 bosses - 3.5
bitch - 2.5
gangsta rap - 2.5
respect your OGs - 4
American Me - 4
All You Haters - isn't this by the outlawz? 4

LOL, don't hold back on grades now. :laugh:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2009, 10:56:35 PM »
Trust me I'm being generous as I can considering he's one of my fav 20 rappers right now.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 10:58:40 PM by rapsodie »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2009, 10:58:38 PM »
Trust me I'm being generous as I can considering he's one of my fav 20 rappers.

why is he one of your favorite rappers if he makes apparently such "weak" music? :P

We Ballin' a 2? really?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2009, 11:10:55 PM »
Trust me I'm being generous as I can considering he's one of my fav 20 rappers.

why is he one of your favorite rappers if he makes apparently such "weak" music? :P

We Ballin' a 2? really?

I've never said he made weak music. lol, so why did you quote that? He just hasn't reached the level where he is making classic music yet. What I like about Crooked is that he has rarely ever dropped a weak verse. But as far as what beats he uses and making great songs he could still use improvement. And yeah, to me We Ballin is a weak song. I'm not really a fan of Eastwood and really how many more fucking songs about balling do we really need? That Boom Boom Clap song was also pretty weak. So pop and generic....

Also, the list of my favorite rappers isn't the same as the rappers I would call the greatest of all time. There's a difference.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2009, 11:42:25 PM »
but those are some of his better songs & you gave some fairly low grades & even described two of them as being "weak", so how is that out of line to quote you?

so anyway, basically all your major complaints about Crooked are in the productions department; where i would make a solid bet that the label or executive producer gives Crooked I about 40-50 beats & he choses what to spit over.

could be that Crooked just has a poor ear for beats or he just makes the best out of what he has.

either way, production shouldn't be the thing holding him back from being one of the greatest, rapping is rapping.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2009, 12:14:10 AM »
but those are some of his better songs & you gave some fairly low grades & even described two of them as being "weak", so how is that out of line to quote you?

so anyway, basically all your major complaints about Crooked are in the productions department; where i would make a solid bet that the label or executive producer gives Crooked I about 40-50 beats & he choses what to spit over.

could be that Crooked just has a poor ear for beats or he just makes the best out of what he has.

either way, production shouldn't be the thing holding him back from being one of the greatest, rapping is rapping.

I said those two songs were weak AFTER you made the post. So you weren't actually quoting me. That's a misuse of quotation marks.

Production isn't the only thing holding him back, but production in itself is an important part of making a classic song. Why do you think the Chronic is considered a classic? At the end its all gotta add up and make that perfect song. If being a great rapper was only about spitting a sick verse then the 10 greatest rappers would all probably be freestylers that most people have never heard of and Pac wouldn't even make the list.

This is going nowhere.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 12:18:19 AM by rapsodie »