Author Topic: Where were you when MJ died?  (Read 774 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Where were you when MJ died?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 06:40:05 PM »
you know what (regarding the pic)

-people want to remember people how they were at their peak....i like to remember people as whole, but i just thought that picture was more fitting, he was past his little kid phase, he was past his thriller days, he was past his light brown Dangerous days, and he was just passing his child molestation accusation phase...so i want to remember him like that, just thankful, weird, but still full of energy and just wanting to be in front of people entertaining

-plus i saw it fitting that he's pointing up.

-and you know what  (regarding my sentence)

-i grew up with prince and michael jackson.....although i liked more and feel prince was the better artist and his music was better, michael jackson was always that larger than life super hero that you had in your tape deck and walk man. for our generation we didn't have a moment like our parents had when JFK died.....Elvis....or JohnLennon...... the closest thing our generation had was 2pac....and even that pales....PALES in comparison  to the loss of michael, growing up that's  ALL everyone listened to....that's ALL everyone mimicked at their first dance or birthday party. if you're an 80's baby your child hood is defined by ninja turtles, Nickleodeon, and Michael Jackson....

If u think about, I think without a shadow of a doubt...he's been the most famous person of our generation. Michael Jordan was pretty big, but not like Michael Jackson.  And as far as entertainment goes historically, possibly the most popular Musician of all time.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 06:42:03 PM »
yeah most definitely, i'd go as far as saying the most popular person in the entire world regardless of his realm of business....perhaps one of the most famous person in the hisotry of the world period. jesus status.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 06:44:46 PM »
yeah most definitely, i'd go as far as saying the most popular person in the entire world regardless of his realm of business....perhaps one of the most famous person in the hisotry of the world period. jesus status.

yeah, i dunno. Jesus is pretty popular. But Michael really existed....so he's got Jesus beat lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

westsiderider323

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 06:46:03 PM »
at the movies watchin The Hangover fuckin hilarious

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 06:46:52 PM »

yeah, i dunno. Jesus is pretty popular. But Michael really existed....so he's got Jesus beat lol

ah,lol  touche

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 07:16:22 PM »
I was kickin at my homies house smokin an bullshittin.  My mom called and told me to turn on CNN.

Grew up on dude, have all his albums.  I'm sure he's in a much happier place. 

RIP MJ.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 07:22:14 PM »
I saw NIK's thread and went straight to the MJ Message Board..lol.

Hopefully son got right with God with whatever he did or DIDN'T do, regardless of all this shock, I pray for his fam and all and I hope homie's at them gates right now.

Rest in peace!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 08:43:49 PM »
+1 Quiet.

5 friends, including NIK texted me the new simultaneously while I was doing some training at work. I didn't check the texts until the training was done, when I immediately teared up and needed to take a break to call the homies to get the scoop.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 08:46:24 PM »
oh and Jake is right. Michael Jackson dying....honestly since I didn't know dude personally...his place in your life is all you can mourn.

growin up it was cookie monster, ninja turtles, batman and michael fuckin' jackson you know?

i know. i know....it is like something that was just a given all your life, is finally gone and it still hasn't hit me fully yet.

for me, tomorrow will be a day of mourning and celebration of the life of one of my favorite artists.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 08:48:42 PM »
i cried i'm not going to lie.....fuck it....i cried at least 3 times, all this news coverage keeps remindin' me how much of loss this really is. then you got to worry about his children growing up without their father...i did that and that sucks to know they're going to be in the same boat but have all sorts of fucked up problems on top of that because of the media and shit. plus dude lived a lonely ass life, depressing me just thinking about that.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 08:50:37 PM »
i cried i'm not going to lie.....fuck it....i cried at least 3 times, all this news coverage keeps remindin' me how much of loss this really is. then you got to worry about his children growing up without their father...i did that and that sucks to know they're going to be in the same boat but have all sorts of fucked up problems on top of that because of the media and shit. plus dude lived a lonely ass life, depressing me just thinking about that.

Yeah I can't lie either I cried a little myself

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 08:51:03 PM »
+1 Quiet.

5 friends, including NIK texted me the new simultaneously while I was doing some training at work. I didn't check the texts until the training was done, when I immediately teared up and needed to take a break to call the homies to get the scoop.

-T
+1 T

I was watching the Farrah news coverage when they said a possible disturbance at the MJ home....
Authorities have been dispatched, I have been in shock since!!!!

:'(

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 08:56:27 PM »
I was at work. CNN had it that he was in a coma for the longest time before announcing he died. Just had a bad feeling all the way till they announced it.

Jared Taylor

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 08:59:04 PM »
I was de-flowering a nubile 15-year old virgin, as the Lord intended.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 09:22:38 PM »

Yeah I can't lie either I cried a little myself

I cried when I heard the news on TMZ, tried not believing it, cried when L.A. Times announced it, but I was trying to dismiss it, but then when CNN came on and gave the final verdict - I couldn't take it anymore. It's one of those things you just don't want to believe.