Author Topic: Why do people act like doggystyle was snoops  (Read 3144 times)

Jaydc555

Why do people act like doggystyle was snoops
« on: June 26, 2009, 02:15:03 AM »
What I mean by that is when people always have arguements on here about snoop vs some other rapper they always bring up doggystyle like he made it all by himself.This album was a collective work from many artists.This is a result of dre and Nate and everyone else at death row all at the top of their game.Doc helping snoop write and dre making the music with unforgettable guest spots.Since then what has he done?If you take doggystyle away from his catalogue what are you left with?A bunch of inconsistent music.Snoop didn't make a classic the same way nas or biggie or PAC made a classic.He had tons of help.Snoop could never make a classic if left to his own devices and he's proven that throughout the rest of his career.Its why when people talk about the greatest to ever do it he has never and will never be mentioned

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Why do people act like doggystyle was snoops
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 02:22:24 AM »
Excluding Doggystyle, Doggfather was his only solid album. I agree with the inconsistency

Kool Beenz

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 02:28:37 AM »
Doggystyle, Doggfather, and Blue Carpet Treatment were classics albums

Tha Last Meal, No Limit Top Dogg were above average

Ego Trippin, Da Game is to be Sold Not Told, Dead Man walking were average albums

Paid the Cost to Be The Boss and R&G are below average

everyone who helped make Doggystyle were parts of classic albums themselves also

you just ognna know how to make great music and thats what Snoop does

Kool Beenz

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 02:30:00 AM »
inconsistency?
snoop always drops albums just like pac did
weather it was with death row, tha eastsidaz, doggys angels, or welcome to the chuuuch

he stays consistent just like rappers are suppose too

and yeah im sticking up for my favorite rapper fuck it

Jaydc555

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 02:33:01 AM »
Blue carpet was decent but far from classic.Same with doggfather which to Me is his second best album.No surprise his two best albums were on death row.

Portugoal

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 02:36:41 AM »
Tha Last Meal is -along with Doggystyle- one of my favorite rap albums.

Jaydc555

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 02:39:08 AM »
Here's what I don't get about snoop.The man is a star,a legend.He doesn't need to conform to whatever is popular to sell.His best music is always made with dre and dpg members.But what does he do?Whatever is popular.He's a sellout to his artistry.Its so frustrating seeing someone that could be so much better become an industry whore who will work with whoevers hot at the moment.Since he left death row he's become such a joke.People still buy his albums just off the strength of doggystyle.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 02:43:21 AM »
Blue Carpter was his best effort after Doggystyle IMO
then of course the bad ass G-funk from Doggfather

he is an Artist snoop can try different things and make it work...

for fucks sakes look at Lil Wayne he is worse then snoop cus he is an Artist but sucks so bad he is even making a fuckin rock album and auto tune with T Pain

Jay Z who had his career stealing rhymes is a legend

TI the biggest selling sell out of all gets his dick sucked for being a sell out wanna be artist as long as Kayne

i look at Snoop as legend status just like Ice cube
cus they never forgot where they are from and still have love for hip hop

Jaydc555

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 02:46:55 AM »
The artist snoop could have been and the artist he ended up being are worlds apart.I look at 50 cent in that same light.Doesn't mean they can't drop some good music now and then but they aren't who they could have been.Like I said their is a reason snoops name hasn't and never will be mentioned with the best

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 02:48:10 AM »
doggystyle, agree with the jaydc it was a great album that has extra quality cause of the chemistry between doc, dre, snoop, dpg, nate..deathrow...classic

doggfather...also great album, classic, different then doggystlye made with different people but showed that snoop can hold it without dre and deliver great music....classic

last meal...also amazing album, snoop came back to his roots after he experimented with no limit southern style...

no limit top dogg...great album, lotta people sleep on this one but should give it a chance

cant really say other snoop dogg albums are weak, they are just different, created with different style

snoop dogg is a legend, even his worst album is a good album.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Kool Beenz

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 02:49:51 AM »
doggystyle, agree with the jaydc it was a great album that has extra quality cause of the chemistry between doc, dre, snoop, dpg, nate..deathrow...classic

doggfather...also great album, classic, different then doggystlye made with different people but showed that snoop can hold it without dre and deliver great music....classic

last meal...also amazing album, snoop came back to his roots after he experimented with no limit southern style...

no limit top dogg...great album, lotta people sleep on this one but should give it a chance

cant really say other snoop dogg albums are weak, they are just different, created with different style

snoop dogg is a legend, even his worst album is a good album.
8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 02:51:51 AM »
What I mean by that is when people always have arguements on here about snoop vs some other rapper they always bring up doggystyle like he made it all by himself.This album was a collective work from many artists.This is a result of dre and Nate and everyone else at death row all at the top of their game.Doc helping snoop write and dre making the music with unforgettable guest spots.Since then what has he done?If you take doggystyle away from his catalogue what are you left with?A bunch of inconsistent music.Snoop didn't make a classic the same way nas or biggie or PAC made a classic.He had tons of help.Snoop could never make a classic if left to his own devices and he's proven that throughout the rest of his career.Its why when people talk about the greatest to ever do it he has never and will never be mentioned

well put: i've been stating this for a while, but most posters don't like to hear it, as Snoop is a prophet to them.

Snoop is really dependant on guidance

Jaydc555

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 02:52:11 AM »
Rhythm and gangsta and the first no limit albums were two of the worst albums I've ever heard in my life by an artist of that caliber.And paid tha cost and ego tripping aren't far behind

Portugoal

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 02:53:10 AM »

well put: i've been stating this for a while, but most posters don't like to hear it, as Snoop is a prophet to them.

Snoop is really dependant on guidance

You're German.

Trip Dee

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 03:37:00 AM »
Here's what I don't get about snoop.The man is a star,a legend.He doesn't need to conform to whatever is popular to sell.His best music is always made with dre and dpg members.But what does he do?Whatever is popular.He's a sellout to his artistry.Its so frustrating seeing someone that could be so much better become an industry whore who will work with whoevers hot at the moment.

Agree.

Since he left death row he's become such a joke.People still buy his albums just off the strength of doggystyle.

C'mon man, he still drops heat every once in a while (Doggfather, No Limit Top Dogg, Tha Last Meal, Tha Eastsidaz, Paid Da Cost To Be Da Boss, even Ego Trippin was quite cool)... And i wouldn't overrate the strenght of Doggystyle now. It was a long time ago...