Author Topic: Why do people act like doggystyle was snoops  (Read 3094 times)

Blasphemy

Re: Why do people act like doggystyle was snoops
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 05:14:32 AM »
Snoop was the star of the album...but your actually got a point.

The most successful albums on the West Coast are all Top-Stars and all have a amazing Guest List (usually)

The Chronic - Had Former N.W.A Member Dr. Dre, his innovated Production Style (lets not get into debate, I think both Above The Law and Dr. Dre developed the sound, with Above The Law finally giving the incarnation the name.) had Snoop Dogg (previously ridding the success of "187 (Deep cover)", and had All the Top Dogs Warren G, Nate, RBX,George Clinton(small Cameos), Kurupt etc.

DoggyStyle - Snoop's much anticipated Debut Had Dr. Dre on Production (Who won critical acclaim for The Chronic during its release), RBX, Nate, Kurupt, and Warren G (with a small Cameo from Dr. Dre, and George Clinton). With Snoop's Trademark Loose Easy Flow, and calming word play/rhymes it popularized The Lazy Drawl rhyming and was also praised because it kept a Realstic Sense of things (not mindless gangster shit, but Parties, the way they talked in the skits, etc.) - It Outsold The Chronic.

Dogg Food - The DoggPounds debut, The Production was Daz (many confusing it at the time with Dr. Dre, who just mixed) had barely any Cameos. It failed to outdo Doggystyle.

All Eyez On Me - This album is widely called the top West Coast album by multiple sources and fans.Being 1 of the highest selling in Rap, Its Star Studded Cast had every Top Rapper on it. With Production proved by Dr. Dre (2 songs), Daz, and Johnny J this became a hit.

Warren Gs album was made by him, and only had a couple of appearances by Nate. It only sold about as much as The Chronic.

Its not just about the starring artist on the album, Its WHO was on the album (both rapping and Production wise). If Soulja Boy (don't laugh keep reading) Had Daz, Dr. Dre, Warren G, and Had multiple A-list guest, His Album would be a Moderate Success (I'm sorry, even if he had god himself on the fucker his ass still sucks to negate nearly 2/3s of that talent).Hell Soulja Bitches album would probably be leaked with is vocals cut out and nothing but Solos of his guest. lol

kuruptlon

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 07:28:06 AM »
Doggystyle is on another level than anything but thats for a number of reasons, the spotlight was on Snoop and he rose to the occasion.

That said Doggfather and Tha Last Meal are 2 of my favorite albums as well. Snoop really suprised me with Tha Last Meal because I had all but writtin him off after the 2 albums he put out before that. Tha Last Meal was reallly a return to the classic Snoop we all know and love, and you got to love the fact that he reached out to kokane because he really signed on that album (Hennysey and Buddah is the fucking issue)

And I just want to close my post with the reason why I posted in the first place. The Game Is To Be Sold Not Told as a whole (save for still a G thang and Snoop World) is the worst sound I've ever had the misfortune of hearing. After hearing that trash I really started being more cautious about buying music. I bought that album right when it came out because it was Snoop, now I'm more careful because I dont ever want to be burdaned with the pain of hearing something that awful ever again.

I don't want people to come on and reply like well he did it because he was with master p, or he was experiencing with new styles. No, that is pure and utter trash and I will not accept any excuse for it.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 07:33:03 AM »
the best lyrics were wrote by DOC (or Slick Rick), the best verses on the album were Kurupt  (for all my niggas and my bitches + doggy dogg world)

Snoop was amazing on it but so many people don't even KNOW "lodi dodi" wasn't Snoops!!

this is my 3rd favorite CD ever....but just like how THE CHRONIC was not just Doc Dre, Doggystyle was not just Snoop.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 07:35:30 AM »
What I mean by that is when people always have arguements on here about snoop vs some other rapper they always bring up doggystyle like he made it all by himself.This album was a collective work from many artists.This is a result of dre and Nate and everyone else at death row all at the top of their game.Doc helping snoop write and dre making the music with unforgettable guest spots.Since then what has he done?If you take doggystyle away from his catalogue what are you left with?A bunch of inconsistent music.Snoop didn't make a classic the same way nas or biggie or PAC made a classic.He had tons of help.Snoop could never make a classic if left to his own devices and he's proven that throughout the rest of his career.Its why when people talk about the greatest to ever do it he has never and will never be mentioned

why do you think Chronic was a Dre album?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 07:35:30 AM »
and btw Snoop post Doggystyle albums get worse and worse it seems
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Trojan God

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 08:20:46 AM »

Well not neceserilly, cuz after doggystyle, doggfather was still pretty solid.. Other than the last meal, the No Limit album were disappointments.. They did have a few tracks that were good on each album, but they lacked something.  The album with Pharell (R&G), (Paid The Cost), they brought him back up to "star" level cuz pharell was hot at the time.  BCT and Ego Trippin he kinda got back to westcoast music featuring more artists from the coast...

Snoop is to the point where he's running out of ideas, so we are fans of his arent willing to accept his change cuz it seems like hes just pushing albums on us without really takin our opinions into consideration...

Im sure everybody would agree that Press Play off Ego Trippin gets more spins in our MP3s, Systems and Computer than Sexual Eruption

kuruptlon

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 08:35:31 AM »
the best lyrics were wrote by DOC (or Slick Rick), the best verses on the album were Kurupt  (for all my niggas and my bitches + doggy dogg world)

Snoop was amazing on it but so many people don't even KNOW "lodi dodi" wasn't Snoops!!

this is my 3rd favorite CD ever....but just like how THE CHRONIC was not just Doc Dre, Doggystyle was not just Snoop.

Lets not forget how Kurupt absolutely murdered Aint No Fun

Well, if Kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch I'd always be broke ...

Everytime I hear that I know he's just about to rip it to pieces.

One of the best kurupt verses

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 08:39:01 AM »

Well not neceserilly, cuz after doggystyle, doggfather was still pretty solid.. Other than the last meal, the No Limit album were disappointments.. They did have a few tracks that were good on each album, but they lacked something.  The album with Pharell (R&G), (Paid The Cost), they brought him back up to "star" level cuz pharell was hot at the time.  BCT and Ego Trippin he kinda got back to westcoast music featuring more artists from the coast...

Snoop is to the point where he's running out of ideas, so we are fans of his arent willing to accept his change cuz it seems like hes just pushing albums on us without really takin our opinions into consideration...

Im sure everybody would agree that Press Play off Ego Trippin gets more spins in our MP3s, Systems and Computer than Sexual Eruption

doggystyle = amazing

doggfather = slightly above average

last meal = average

everything else = below average

it's SAD for snoop when his best post-death row album was DEAD MAN WALKING....a death row remix album LOL

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 08:40:17 AM »
this thread was a great way to rally up all snoops dickriders in one spot...now we know whos musical opinions hold weight and who are just here to ride snoopsdick

no homo

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 08:41:30 AM »
the best lyrics were wrote by DOC (or Slick Rick), the best verses on the album were Kurupt  (for all my niggas and my bitches + doggy dogg world)

Lets not forget how Kurupt absolutely murdered Aint No Fun

Well, if Kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch I'd always be broke ...

Everytime I hear that I know he's just about to rip it to pieces.

One of the best kurupt verses

yeah...on Aint no fun to be honset i'll take Snoop's verse over Kurupts and NATE DOGG'S VERSE OVER BOTH  8)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »
So Doggystyle isn't a Snoop album because he had producers and guest artists on it? You guys crack me up. Every fucking album made in popular music is the result of collaborating. If you remove Doggystyle from the mix, you have nothing? You are trying way too hard to underplay the man. Without Doggystyle, you still have Deep Cover. You still have his work on "The Chronic". You still have the Murder Was The Case soundtrack. You still have his songs with Tha Dogg Pound, 2Pac. You still have his songs on Tha Eastsidaz albums. You still have "Drop It Like It's Hot", which while I'm not really a fan was his first #1 single in his career. And I can keep going.

Doggystyle is the album everyone brings up because it's that rare classic album that few artists have in them. As much as everyone throws the term around, there aren't that many artsits who drop an actual classic album of that caliber. Plenty of people have studios full of dope producers and crews full of talented writers, singers, and rappers at their disposal but few people ever drop a "Doggystyle". To say that Snoop is overrated because he didn't drop an album like that every time he went out is absurd to me. It's like saying Michael Jackson is overrated because he never topped "Thriller". Neither Snoop's skills nor sales have steadily declined since 1993-94. He's put out some bad stuff and he's dropped some classic material. I mean, just who exactly are we comparing Snoop to here? Who has dropped a classic debut without the help of a great producer then gone on to either top or match it with each subsequent release while still pushing platinum numbers? Let's hear how many names we can come up with.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2009, 12:22:41 PM »

doggystyle = amazing

doggfather = slightly above average

last meal = average

everything else = below average

it's SAD for snoop when his best post-death row album was DEAD MAN WALKING....a death row remix album LOL
crooked i = fail

kuruptlon

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2009, 12:28:38 PM »
So Doggystyle isn't a Snoop album because he had producers and guest artists on it? You guys crack me up. Every fucking album made in popular music is the result of collaborating. If you remove Doggystyle from the mix, you have nothing? You are trying way too hard to underplay the man. Without Doggystyle, you still have Deep Cover. You still have his work on "The Chronic". You still have the Murder Was The Case soundtrack. You still have his songs with Tha Dogg Pound, 2Pac. You still have his songs on Tha Eastsidaz albums. You still have "Drop It Like It's Hot", which while I'm not really a fan was his first #1 single in his career. And I can keep going.

Doggystyle is the album everyone brings up because it's that rare classic album that few artists have in them. As much as everyone throws the term around, there aren't that many artsits who drop an actual classic album of that caliber. Plenty of people have studios full of dope producers and crews full of talented writers, singers, and rappers at their disposal but few people ever drop a "Doggystyle". To say that Snoop is overrated because he didn't drop an album like that every time he went out is absurd to me. It's like saying Michael Jackson is overrated because he never topped "Thriller". Neither Snoop's skills nor sales have steadily declined since 1993-94. He's put out some bad stuff and he's dropped some classic material. I mean, just who exactly are we comparing Snoop to here? Who has dropped a classic debut without the help of a great producer then gone on to either top or match it with each subsequent release while still pushing platinum numbers? Let's hear how many names we can come up with.

Bravo...golf clap.

Funkstradamus

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2009, 01:50:42 PM »
what about No Limit Top Dogg...Production fron Dre, Quik, Meech Wells and Raphael Saadiq...other than the few manditory No Limit apperances..this album was hot!!!

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2009, 03:34:58 PM »
if your not really battle cat you should probably shoot yourself in the face.