Author Topic: Why do people act like doggystyle was snoops  (Read 3145 times)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Re: Why do people act like doggystyle was snoops
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 05:11:43 PM »
5/5= Doggystyle,

4.5/5= Doggfather

4/5= Blue Carpet Treatment, Tha Last Meal, No Limit Top Dogg

3.5/5= Paid the Cost to Be The Boss  

3/5= R&G, Dead Man Walking

2/5= Ego Trippin, Da Game is to be Sold Not Told

and thats my breakdown... and snoop is the main artists on doggystyle.. yes he had alot of people involved. but what can u say snoop snapped on that album

doggfather was not a 4.5/5

it was, at the best, a 3.5 out of 5.  snoop could ahve done ALOT better...even the singles sound half-hearted.  its like he knew he was leaving death row and just kinda quit trying.

i can bump tha doggfather all the way through no problems everytime.... its a just a chill album... but every track is hot

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »
5/5= Doggystyle,

4.5/5= Doggfather

4/5= Blue Carpet Treatment, Tha Last Meal, No Limit Top Dogg

3.5/5= Paid the Cost to Be The Boss  

3/5= R&G, Dead Man Walking

2/5= Ego Trippin, Da Game is to be Sold Not Told

and thats my breakdown... and snoop is the main artists on doggystyle.. yes he had alot of people involved. but what can u say snoop snapped on that album

doggfather was not a 4.5/5

it was, at the best, a 3.5 out of 5.  snoop could ahve done ALOT better...even the singles sound half-hearted.  its like he knew he was leaving death row and just kinda quit trying.

i can bump tha doggfather all the way through no problems everytime.... its a just a chill album... but every track is hot

wasn't Hollywood Bank Robbery cut from Doggfather??  that would've been the song song on the whole CD (except for Vapors..which ofcourse was a Biz Markie cover song and not OG snoop material)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Will_B

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2009, 05:18:46 PM »
Doggystyle is 100% his best. it's up there with 2001 (Both just above The Chronic).

Last Meal bangs, but Dead Man Walking and Murder Was The Case both top that too.

Doggfather has some really good stuff but is a bit flat overall, not really an enjoyable album to play all the way through. Wasn't that because it was made up of an odd selection of tracks like the ones of the LBC Crew album? A bit of a mish mash rather that a complete album project? Something his later albums suffered from (after Last Meal) up until Blue Carpet when he started getting back on point.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2009, 05:20:59 PM »
Doggystyle is 100% his best. it's up there with 2001 (Both just above The Chronic).

Last Meal bangs, but Dead Man Walking and Murder Was The Case both top that too.

Doggfather has some really good stuff but is a bit flat overall, not really an enjoyable album to play all the way through. Wasn't that because it was made up of an odd selection of tracks like the ones of the LBC Crew album? A bit of a mish mash rather that a complete album project? Something his later albums suffered from (after Last Meal) up until Blue Carpet when he started getting back on point.

doggystyle > chronic                    > chronic 2001

This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2009, 05:25:30 PM »
did Jimmy H really say Snoops sales and skills haven't declined??

his last album dind't go plat OR gold and he hasn't made a good song since Crooks and Dogs
Your "Crooks and Dogs" comment paired with the statement that his only good post-DR album was "Dead Man Walking" speak for themselves. Your entire basis is your personal taste.

What I said was his sales and/or skills have not steadily declined since Doggystyle. Some of his albums have been better than others and I definitely don't think that each album he's put out since then has been worse than the one proceeding it.  

well we can agree to disagree; the Crooks and Dogg thing may be an exageration

especially since Snoop's recent guest song with La Coka Nostra is fucking ILL  8)

but it's the same thing as the Nas debate...Illmatic dropped in 1994 and his albums since are full of SOME quality bangers but never COMPLETE like his first album was.  

but in all seriousness, Walking dead man or whatever Suge called that shit IS the best post death row album he's dropped...it's the only one i find myself replaying.  head doctor was nice.

As Jimmy H said, isn't that the case for almost every artist? Who else outdoes their classic debut?

Lyrically Snoop is the same as he always was. Still rapping about not loving hoes, etc etc.

PLANT

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2009, 05:34:51 PM »
Snoop puts out dope music.  If he cut his albums (besides Doggystyle) down to 13-15 tracks he would have more classics.  I dont know why he has to put 20+ songs on every cd....But still, Snoop is the man  8)

BTW, Hack you got a serious hate on for Snoop, eh? ???

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2009, 05:38:08 PM »
Gza out-did 36 chambers....some people think Raekwon did too

2pac out-did Me Against the World...and THEN out-did All Eyez

Quik's first 2 albums are classics to me but Safe N Sound was his best (3rd album)

and after long debate, i've decided that NWA's Niggaz4life is a better overall album than Str8 Outta Compton

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:01:40 PM by False Things Must Perish! »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2009, 06:15:46 PM »
jimmy, what's your take on "The Shaggy SHow"

I'm not really into Insane Clown Posse. I've heard the song a couple times and it seemed cool but it's not in rotation enough for me to give a valid opinion.

Gza out-did 36 chambers....some people think Raekwan did too

Quik's first 2 albums are classics to me but Safe N Sound was his best (3rd album)

and after long debate, i've decided that NWA's Niggaz4life is a better overall album than Str8 Outta Compton

I don't agree at all that All Eyez On Me outdid Me Against The World. It has some songs on there that are arguably better than some of the best songs on Me Against The World (depending on what you are feeling that day) but conceptially as an album, it's all over the place. It's kind of like "Documentary" to me. It's drowned in banging tracks but the subject matter is mostly the same. I think "Me Against The World" says a lot more in one disc than All Eyez does in two.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2009, 06:33:42 PM »
While I don't agree with what you say sir, I shall fight to the death you're right to say it.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2009, 06:34:03 PM »
Death Row falling apart and DPGC not sticking together fucked up that whole crew, which in turn fucked up Snoop's musical direction. I know Dre did not want the hell of dealing with Suge if he signed Snoop to Aftermath but I think if he did his career would be alot different. Also Cube and Mack 10 were interested in signing Snoop back in the day.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2009, 06:42:33 PM »
Gza out-did 36 chambers....some people think Raekwan did too

For GZA and Raekwon, their debuts are Liquid Swords and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx (which are their best albums). 36 Chambers is a Wu Tang album and doesn't count as their individual debut, otherwise you might as well call The Chronic Snoop's debut.

Never really got into Quik myself. I think only his first album could even be considered a classic. The word classic means an album that is influential and has stood the test of time. His first album was the most well recieved by people in general (though you may have a different personal opinion)

Niggaz4life only was better in terms of production. You are the first person I have met who actually thinks its a better album, most people believe they weren't as good without Cube.

As I said in my first post, Pac is one of the only rappers I can think of who managed to put out a classic album and then outdo it. Mobb Deep have as well. But its hard to come up with examples, which is the whole point. Snoop is no more different then the majority of rappers in that they are unable to put out an album to even come close to their debut.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:46:16 PM by rapsodie »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2009, 06:44:23 PM »
2 compilation albums I always wanted but never got

Soul Assassins (core group members)

DPGC

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2009, 07:03:18 PM »
Jimmy missed the point of my thread entirely but its ok.

What are u talking about? Seems like u don't even know the point of your own thread?  After someone explains, how u can't take credit away from Snoop for Doggystyle, u try to switch and make it seem like the point of this thread was that Snoop fell off... What??

95% of people on here would agree that Snoop fell off since his Chronic/Doggystyle days..  Thats not the point.  

In your title and ur argument is that Snoop shouldn't get credit for Doggystyle.  This is where I and other people disagree w/ ur point.  Like the other guy said, Snoop put his work in, not only Doggystyle, but the Chronic and all other Deathrow projects at the time.  Sure, there were other people around (producers/mcs) putting in their input.. But still Doggystyle is Snoops CD.  He even freestyled 3-4 songs on it (Shiznit, G'z Up Hoes Down..etc).  Dre has always said that Snoop was the easiest artist he ever worked with.  Not the best, but the easiest.  Snoop was a beast back then, would freestyle and come up w/ writtens real quick.. I mean he wrote the Chronic along w/ D.O.C and a lil help from RBX, but he was prob the main writer for dre, not to mention everything he wrote for himself.  So I don't see how u can take credit away.  

And the other point about him falling off, yeah.. Thats true, When he first came out.. He was the hottest thing going in hip hop, he had a voice and flow we never heard.. he's not as young and hungry mc as he used to be.  I don't think anybodys debating that?  But who hasn't fallen off?  90% of rappers don't ever top thier 1st albums.. (Jay-z, Nas, Biggie, Ice Cube, Game, 50 Cent) the list goes on & on.  Thats cuz thier 1st album, they put everything into it.. they've been writing that album from the moment they decided to become a rapper, so its like 10-15 years of ideas, put down into one album, not 1 year of studio time of stuff they wrote after the 1st album for the 2nd album.
But Snoop hasn't fallen off as much as most other artist.. While he may not make another Doggystyle.. He still shows here and there that he can flow his ass off.  But he's older now, and he's got to expand as an artist, I honestly don't want to hear a forty something year old rapper rapping about nothing but hardcore gangsta shit.. If thats what u want to listen to.. U should complain about some young artists not making music that u want to hear!  

And it doesn't help that he had Dr. Dre producing his whole entire debut album... How is he gonna top that??  They had the perfect chemistry... Now, I might be wrong, but I believe if todays Snoop, gets Dre to do his whole album, he can still put out a classic album...  To me, 95% of the stuff they do together is hott.. From the Wash Soundtrack, to the stuff on Top Dogg, Last Meal, Blue Carpet.. Give me a whole album of them two..  And then we can properly judge how far he's fallen off.. I might be in the minority but, I think Dre's fallen off more than Snoop has.  Maybe Detox will prove me wrong.. If it ever comes out!

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

Jaydc555

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2009, 07:29:14 PM »
My point of the thread was to point out snoop is an over rated artist.Doggystle was a collective effort and if you took snoop off that project and inserted another emcee in his parts while snoop played the side role the album would still be a classic.I made the thread because kept defending snoop as some great artist because he made doggystyle when 70 percent of that albums greatness was because of others output.Snoop could never make a classic album if it was up to him by himself which he has proved throughout his career

Funkstradamus

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2009, 08:00:59 PM »
if your not really battle cat you should probably shoot yourself in the face.
get the nuts biiiyatch...i dont talk ta hoes with dick on they breath...