Author Topic: DJ QUIK KURUPT SALES  (Read 2006 times)

bullet_wrongkind

DJ QUIK KURUPT SALES
« on: June 26, 2009, 09:30:05 AM »
ACCORDING TO BILLBOARD
191 DJ Quik & Kurupt "Blaqkout" 3 000 / 11 800
UP TO DATE

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
Re: DJ QUIK KURUPT SALES
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 10:46:41 AM »
How much is gonna sell totally.. 30K? Too bad, it's a good album.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 11:14:04 AM »
as hack wilson said, we live in the digital age now.

If you count downloads (not just the legal ones) it would already be platinum

i'd bet against that.

i bet more rap fans don't know about it than do; the promotion was terrible.

only West Coast dudes & some online homies knew it dropped. :-\

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 11:17:47 AM »
^ the sad truth, and there was only a little ad in the latest XXL but that was all for promo

if this would have come out maybe around the time Trauma did I bet it would have sold at least 30-50K

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 11:22:15 AM »
if Hey Playa hit the radio waves across the country that shit would have sold; that was a real dope single & it was radio freindly.

just terrible promotion & like i've said in other threads about these sales; you have to understand the times, people don't want rap anymore; it's gotta be "swaggaful" & have Drake, Wayne, Kanye or autotune to be successful.

only T.I. & Game put out successful rap music & T.I. had to sell out with "Whatever You Like" for sales, so basically Game is the only mainstream dude who hasn't sold out...yet. :-X

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 11:26:41 AM »
if Hey Playa hit the radio waves across the country that shit would have sold; that was a real dope single & it was radio freindly.

just terrible promotion & like i've said in other threads about these sales; you have to understand the times, people don't want rap anymore; it's gotta be "swaggaful" & have Drake, Wayne, Kanye or autotune to be successful.

only T.I. & Game put out successful rap music & T.I. had to sell out with "Whatever You Like" for sales, so basically Game is the only mainstream dude who hasn't sold out...yet. :-X

i know im gonna catch hate for this but personally 'My Life' was abit of a sell out record, cheesy over-dramatic song with an autotuned wayne chorus :(

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 11:30:23 AM »

i know im gonna catch hate for this but personally 'My Life' was abit of a sell out record, cheesy over-dramatic song with an autotuned wayne chorus :(

na, it's a dope opinon; i guess you could look at it that way.

but Game doesn't really sell out on that track; he doesn't go "super mainstream" & sound like a bitch; song about lost homies.

i admit goin' to Wayne is BITCH move, but i mean it was the smartest way to sell records & he didn't put him on a verse; Wayne's hook was dope on that song to me.

but i see what you're sayin' about that track; but that wasn't sell out like "Whatever You Like", it was still more G than anything you'll hear if you turn your radio on now.

ikke

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 11:35:11 AM »

but Game doesn't really sell out on that track; he doesn't go "super mainstream" & sound like a bitch; song about lost homies.

i admit goin' to Wayne is BITCH move, but i mean it was the smartest way to sell records & he didn't put him on a verse; Wayne's hook was dope on that song to me.

but i see what you're sayin' about that track; but that wasn't sell out like "Whatever You Like", it was still more G than anything you'll hear if you turn your radio on now.
I think game just went to wayne because he heard so tired which is like exactly the same chorus

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 11:36:24 AM »

I think game just went to wayne because he heard so tired which is like exactly the same chorus

i don't know what that is, but i wouldn't be surprized because Game is notorious for jackin' other peoples shit. :P

ikke

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 11:39:32 AM »

i don't know what that is, but i wouldn't be surprized because Game is notorious for jackin' other peoples shit. :P
It's on birdman's album 5* Stunna,
couldn't find it on youtube sorry xD.

It's like the same but without autotune and a little longer

bullet_wrongkind

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 12:01:56 PM »
How much is gonna sell totally.. 30K? Too bad, it's a good album.

3 000 - this week
11 800 - totally

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 12:05:39 PM »

so true game last album wasnt that good

westside159

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 01:40:23 AM »
yeah they sold 10,000 first week and only at 11,000 now .   poor album

Jaydc555

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 02:49:27 AM »
It sold what it deserved to sell.The album was wack.I'm a fan of both artist but this album was ass.Mediocre production and kurupt can't spit a cohesive verse to save his life these days.

papa-smurf

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 05:42:12 AM »
Kurupt use to be one of my favorite artist but the boy lyrics on this album is just terrible.nothing stand out or astonishing about them.

dj quik put a few decent beats on the album but man dj quik should of produced the album better and he should of rap on the album better.the album got a few alright songs on it but i wish it was a solid album considering kurupt and dj quik is 2 of the top westcoast rappers, or they was.