Author Topic: [6.26] Maino-If Tomorrow Comes [Explicit][Retail][2009][Grouprip]  (Read 1766 times)

AnybodyKilla

Re: [6.26] Maino-If Tomorrow Comes [Explicit][Retail][2009][Grouprip]
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2009, 10:27:04 PM »
Just checked on Hip Hop Daily and he's sold 17k but it doesn't show how much % is in. Damn that's a flop imo, anything over 35k wouldve been good. Seeing as Jim Jones did only 43k then it seems right I guess. Don't think he'll be happy though but I'm glad it finally dropped!!!

Fuck thats a massive flop, I was hoping he would push atleast 50k, 2 big singles, and the first new NYC artsit to drop in a long time. Damn, noone else has a chance

The album was pushed back a couple of times. Should have dropped last year when Hi Hata was getting some burn.
Exactley!

Well dropping it back then woulda kinda been premature. I dont think many people wouldve bought the album sololy based on that one song, he wasnt established enough back then. Now that hes gotten more exposure with more singles, vids, the interviews and all of that stuff people know more about him and what hes about. Now i think was a good time to drop it, shoulda came out a lil earlier when "All The Above" was blazin then it wouldve been perfect!!!

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2009, 10:34:10 PM »
Just checked on Hip Hop Daily and he's sold 17k but it doesn't show how much % is in. Damn that's a flop imo, anything over 35k wouldve been good. Seeing as Jim Jones did only 43k then it seems right I guess. Don't think he'll be happy though but I'm glad it finally dropped!!!

Fuck thats a massive flop, I was hoping he would push atleast 50k, 2 big singles, and the first new NYC artsit to drop in a long time. Damn, noone else has a chance

The album was pushed back a couple of times. Should have dropped last year when Hi Hata was getting some burn.
Exactley!

Well dropping it back then woulda kinda been premature. I dont think many people wouldve bought the album sololy based on that one song, he wasnt established enough back then. Now that hes gotten more exposure with more singles, vids, the interviews and all of that stuff people know more about him and what hes about. Now i think was a good time to drop it, shoulda came out a lil earlier when "All The Above" was blazin then it wouldve been perfect!!!

true but these days all these delays just kill the momentum a artist is building and before ya know it a album comes and goes without much said.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2009, 12:02:40 AM »
I disagree.  I think if you drop your album just after the peak of your single, it will do well.   I think for a new artist, the time when I am most amped up to buy their shit is right after they drop a hot ass joint (most likely your single). 

Drop a mixtape for buzz and get the underground goin.

Drop your video/single.

DON'T drop anything else except for new singles (Keep the fans fiending for that exclusive music that's gonna be on ur album)

Do your promotion/marketing in the time between you single and your album.  Then DROP THE ALBUM.

It's a perfect timespan, but when these labels/artists start fucking around with delays you fuck the timeline up and it's unrecoverable from there..  You don't need to release "buzz music" if your timeline is set so the fans never lose their buzz for you!  You really got make sure your label believes in you and is dedicated to your schedule.  You should have your album complete with the singles before the first joint leaks.  They say you can't control what the fans are gonna eat up, and that you gotta have a strong single to recoup the money?  Wrong, major labels can make any song work if they think it's a hit, it's just all about the timing.

MediumL

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2009, 12:24:57 AM »
damn even Ace hood is selling more than him. I know ace hood got an album out already and def jam wouldve copped some cds but still. Maino had the hits - maybe he'll do better when people realise its in stores...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2009, 03:18:36 PM »
I disagree.  I think if you drop your album just after the peak of your single, it will do well.   I think for a new artist, the time when I am most amped up to buy their shit is right after they drop a hot ass joint (most likely your single). 

Drop your video/single.

DON'T drop anything else except for new singles (Keep the fans fiending for that exclusive music that's gonna be on ur album)

Do your promotion/marketing in the time between you single and your album.  Then DROP THE ALBUM.

It's a perfect timespan, but when these labels/artists start fucking around with delays you fuck the timeline up and it's unrecoverable from there..  You don't need to release "buzz music" if your timeline is set so the fans never lose their buzz for you!  You really got make sure your label believes in you and is dedicated to your schedule.  You should have your album complete with the singles before the first joint leaks.  They say you can't control what the fans are gonna eat up, and that you gotta have a strong single to recoup the money?  Wrong, major labels can make any song work if they think it's a hit, it's just all about the timing.

Yah i feel you on that too, that would work aswell!!!

Mainos final numbers were 17,187, so i those were the official numbers from yesterday. Ace Hood sold 21, 584. Mainos gotta be pissed about his numbers!!!

Lunatic

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2009, 03:20:49 PM »
shocked to see Ace Hood push more numbers :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2009, 03:42:22 PM »
link?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »

Drop your video/single.

Mainos final numbers were 17,187, so i those were the official numbers from yesterday. Ace Hood sold 21, 584. Mainos gotta be pissed about his numbers!!!

Yeah.  But Ace Hood already had an album out already right?  I guess he's got some longetivity edge there...  He's a South artist, which gives him an edge (He is right?)  And he's on DefJam (I think?) which has a better marketing/promotion machine for Urban artists than Atlantic.  Still I never knew that guy's album was coming out cept for when I saw it on blogs.  I'm really interested to know if his sales were mostly region-based, or an even distribution through-out the country...

Comparision: Cam did 42K, Kiss did 142K.

I really expect Fab to do something above 200K. 

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2009, 06:33:35 PM »

Drop your video/single.

Yeah.  But Ace Hood already had an album out already right?  I guess he's got some longetivity edge there...  He's a South artist, which gives him an edge (He is right?)  And he's on DefJam (I think?) which has a better marketing/promotion machine for Urban artists than Atlantic.  Still I never knew that guy's album was coming out cept for when I saw it on blogs.  I'm really interested to know if his sales were mostly region-based, or an even distribution through-out the country...

Comparision: Cam did 42K, Kiss did 142K.

I really expect Fab to do something above 200K. 

I highly doubt that man, Fab will do 150k tops first week!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2009, 06:36:29 PM »
Yeah, you're totally right lol..  Oh well.

ikke

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2009, 08:58:31 AM »
How come Ace is higher on Billboard 200 but Maino higher on R&B and Rap charts?

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2009, 10:55:13 AM »
I'm Dissapointed Wit This Weeks #'s....Thats For Damn Sure!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2009, 01:38:18 AM »
Video to A Million Bucks with Swizzy:

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2009, 07:02:44 AM »
fuck the numbers.. maino aint to be fucked wit

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2009, 02:22:37 PM »
I almost missed out on this one and would've never checked if The Leak with his acquired taste wasn't so positive about it. Been listening to this for a few days now while jogging and I have to say that it's a dope album from top to bottom. Not your typical mainstream album with random tracks thrown together, he tried to make a cohesive album with a theme to it (his life story) and I think he succeeded. Even the skits aren't pointless but serve as some sort of narrator between tracks.

As far as Maino, he might not be a super MC but he's a quality songwriter with a good ear for beats. I've read that he only sold 18.000 copies which is a shame, if this was released in the 03 Curtis era he would've sold a lot more (his style is similar to 50's).