Author Topic: Top 50 NBA Players all-time according to SLAM  (Read 1057 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Top 50 NBA Players all-time according to SLAM
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2009, 05:22:03 PM »
laker, magic, heat, sun, cav, shaq is my all time favorite player but i'm not secure with him being number 4 on all time greatest players list...yeah i think he could have dominated bill and wilt, and for that matter kareem as well, he cut his teeth in the biggest big man era so i have no problem with people saying he's the #4 #1 option ever. but greatness is something different.....

jordan was jordan........that's your number one dude of all time

but magic should be number #2......9 finals appearances, dude played all 5 positions and excelled at them all. he was the greatest player ever until jordan can into his own. and that's all that really ever has to be said, in shaq's blurb it said that he always made everyone around him better....which has always been true, but the person that always did that the best was magic...magic was the ultimate player....like i said you have to look to jordan for a greater player

wilt should be number 3.....plain and simple he's the stuff of legend.....like i said i'm pretty sure shaq would make him look like greg ostertag , but he was the original and when you think about greatness and NBA it start and ends with wilt

Bill Russel should be Number 4 on that list, like wilt when you think of greatness and NBA it starts back in the day with wilt and you turn the page and you have Bill and his ring collection.

then i think once you get to number 5 that's when you start having problems and debate trying to rank players. the first four.....that's pretty much set in stone until either shaq breaks some rebounding or scoring records or kobe  lebron, or timmy wins a significant amount of championship hardware before they retire.

I agree with some of this. I agree that none of the current players should be in the top 5. But I have a hard time ranking Magic #2....and Larry not even in the top #5.  To me, those two are on the same level.  Magic had a little bit better teams during the 80's, but their individual accolades are definetely on par with eachother.  Larrys maybe even slightly better as he made the All Defensive team 3 times also.  The other problem though is, if you put Bird and Magic on the same level, and assume Magic is number 2...that means Bird is either number 3, or they switch places. Which would mean Wilt and Russell get pushed to 5 and 6...that cant happen either lol.  The way I see the list...

1. Jordan
2.-6. Magic, Bird, Wilt, Russell, Kareem (no particular order)
7.-10. Oscar, Shaq, Duncan, West (no particular order)
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2009, 10:01:37 PM »
Shaq could have dominated Bill, Wilt & Kareem if he played in their ERA.

but it was a different game back then; Shaq would have gotten called for offensive fouls & travels back in the day lol.

i wonder if Bill, Wilt & Kareem would even be the players they are remembered as if they played in today's game basketball.

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2009, 10:10:14 PM »

but it was a different game back then; Shaq would have gotten called for offensive fouls & travels back in the day lol.

i wonder if Bill, Wilt & Kareem would even be the players they are remembered as if they played in today's game basketball.

Athletes typically always get better. Especially over that long of a period of time.  Kareem was recent enough that he could probably still compete. But Wilt and Bill would get dominated by any quality big over the last 15 yrs.  Like you said, the game changes...and players evolve. Just look when you watch OLD NBA clips from back in the day and the PG's could hardly use their left hand lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2009, 10:28:36 PM »
^yeah, but PG's couldn't dribble the way they do now.

every possesion in AI's career would have been called a carry 30 years ago.

CP3, Nash & Deron Williams would absoutely OWN against teams from back in the day lol.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2009, 04:14:54 AM »
where would some people on this board put Shaq if he was still a Laker. ;D

If it were Laker fans making the list it would go something like...

1. Kobe
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Shaq
5. Laker
6. Laker
7. Laker
8. Laker
9. Laker
10. Jordan....maybe...

Don't be mad at us if Lakers is the best franchise in NBA history.

P.S. Add Chamberlain and West in that top-10 and maybe you got it right.  ;D

'EclipZe

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2009, 07:07:10 AM »

1. Kobe
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Shaq
5. Laker
6. Laker
7. Laker
8. Laker
9. Laker
10. Jordan....maybe...

P.S. Add Chamberlain and West in that top-10 and maybe you got it right.  ;D

last time I checked the celtics still hold the most titles ever won. If lakers surpass that they'll become the greatest franchise, but they aren't if you also count the past.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »

1. Kobe
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Shaq
5. Laker
6. Laker
7. Laker
8. Laker
9. Laker
10. Jordan....maybe...

last time I checked the celtics still hold the most titles ever won. If lakers surpass that they'll become the greatest franchise, but they aren't if you also count the past.

LAST TIME I CHECKED...the Yankees have the most titles ever; they both have to surpass them if they want to be the greatest franchise! ;D 8)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2009, 08:11:54 AM »
lol

1. Kobe
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Shaq
5. Laker
6. Laker
7. Laker
8. Laker
9. Laker
10. Jordan....maybe...

LAST TIME I CHECKED...the Yankees have the most titles ever; they both have to surpass them if they want to be the greatest franchise! ;D 8)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

'EclipZe

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2009, 12:12:59 PM »

1. Kobe
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Shaq
5. Laker
6. Laker
7. Laker
8. Laker
9. Laker
10. Jordan....maybe...

lol, smartass :P

tempo2

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2009, 12:30:28 PM »
theres always going to be controversey in any list people make

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2009, 12:48:56 PM »

1. Kobe
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Shaq
5. Laker
6. Laker
7. Laker
8. Laker
9. Laker
10. Jordan....maybe...

;D

+1

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2009, 02:49:38 PM »

1. Kobe
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Shaq
5. Laker
6. Laker
7. Laker
8. Laker
9. Laker
10. Jordan....maybe...

;D

+1

i always tell people...smartass>dumbass  ;)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2009, 03:03:41 PM »

Athletes typically always get better. Especially over that long of a period of time.  Kareem was recent enough that he could probably still compete. But Wilt and Bill would get dominated by any quality big over the last 15 yrs.  Like you said, the game changes...and players evolve. Just look when you watch OLD NBA clips from back in the day and the PG's could hardly use their left hand lol

go look at how high Wilt Chamberlain's vertical jump was.... he would still dominate at 7'1 in today's NBA
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2009, 03:41:15 PM »

go look at how high Wilt Chamberlain's vertical jump was.... he would still dominate at 7'1 in today's NBA

Look at the difference in skills that a 7'1" player typically has now compared to then. You have 7 footers able to run a fast break, shoot the three, cross you over lol. Good luck with that one Wilt. Wilt was the most dominant player ever, for his time. But its utterly retarded to think that a 7 footer from Wilts time would dominate the league NOW the way they did THEN when they were the exception. Now, a 7 footer is the norm.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2009, 06:55:14 PM »

Athletes typically always get better. Especially over that long of a period of time.  Kareem was recent enough that he could probably still compete. But Wilt and Bill would get dominated by any quality big over the last 15 yrs.  Like you said, the game changes...and players evolve. Just look when you watch OLD NBA clips from back in the day and the PG's could hardly use their left hand lol

Look at the difference in skills that a 7'1" player typically has now compared to then. You have 7 footers able to run a fast break, shoot the three, cross you over lol. Good luck with that one Wilt. Wilt was the most dominant player ever, for his time. But its utterly retarded to think that a 7 footer from Wilts time would dominate the league NOW the way they did THEN when they were the exception. Now, a 7 footer is the norm.

actually in this NBA you're scarce to find a 7 footer who can actually play

you got Yao...always gettin hurt

Bynum...always gettin hurt

Oden...never been healthy

D-Howard is 6'11 lol

Wilt's athleticism would be great in any decade...but he still was no Bill Russell  8)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 08:47:04 PM by HACK WILSON »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens