Author Topic: The Moment Auto-Tune Died: Jay-Z performing at BET Awards  (Read 1138 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
The Moment Auto-Tune Died: Jay-Z performing at BET Awards
« on: June 29, 2009, 03:55:57 AM »
http://hiphopupdate.blogspot.com/2009/06/jay-z-doa-live-bet-awards-perf.html

Live Band + Jay-Z = Fire

"don't care what you make room for stay on the basic, u better live than in the studio but jigga let's face it, u got a message and the people will listen to u, ban this propaganda that make real singers hiss n boo"

Jome

Re: The Moment Auto-Tune Died: Jay-Z performing at BET Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 05:17:40 AM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 10:07:10 AM »
Live Band + Jay-Z = Fire

the band makes the beat sounds 5 times better and the beat was already AWESOME. 8)

agreed 100% :rock:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 10:10:23 AM »
he got the crowd into it & it was the BET awards, so you know 90% of the audience loves autotune & he got them sayin' "goodbye"; maybe it'll change shit around this bitch. 8)

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »
he got the crowd into it & it was the BET awards, so you know 90% of the audience loves autotune & he got them sayin' "goodbye"; maybe it'll change shit around this bitch. 8)

hopefully!

Damn that was one of the dopest performances I've seen in a while
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 01:13:10 PM »
Damn, thats what Im talkin about!!  8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 03:39:31 PM »
What sucks about this is that he's just hopping on the bandwagon and saying something that we all have been saying for at least a year. This ain't even close to the first song dissing autotunes yet this is the one that gets attention.

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 03:43:30 PM »
What sucks about this is that he's just hopping on the bandwagon and saying something that we all have been saying for at least a year. This ain't even close to the first song dissing autotunes yet this is the one that gets attention.
how he is hopping on the bandwagon?  hes the first mainstream artist to come out and he just destroyed auto-tune with one song!!  Dude is like the biggest name in the game and he even made the track a single!!

ikke

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 03:44:18 PM »
damn, I just thought of downloading it, making a hit or 2 and retire....

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 03:44:35 PM »
Bad Lucc already said it today:

"Anyone who doesnt like D.O.A. is either"

a) a fan of, or makes autotune
OR
b) a hater

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 03:50:09 PM »
damn, I just thought of downloading it, making a hit or 2 and retire....

me too homie, i have it and it's been pretty tempting.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 04:22:15 PM »
how he is hopping on the bandwagon?  hes the first mainstream artist to come out and he just destroyed auto-tune with one song!!  Dude is like the biggest name in the game and he even made the track a single!!

People have been hating on autotunes since it came out. Rappers already been dissing it in their songs. KRS One already made an song about autotunes. Not hating but its not like he's doing something new.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 04:24:02 PM by rapsodie »

PLANT

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 05:49:36 PM »
how he is hopping on the bandwagon?  hes the first mainstream artist to come out and he just destroyed auto-tune with one song!!  Dude is like the biggest name in the game and he even made the track a single!!

People have been hating on autotunes since it came out. Rappers already been dissing it in their songs. KRS One already made an song about autotunes. Not hating but its not like he's doing something new.
Its a pretty BOLD move for someone of Jay's caliber to make, also considering hes been cool with two of the bigger names in the Autotune movement (Kanye, Wayne)....I give him his props for putting this out, plain and simple.

And its a step in the right direction for hiphop.  No offence to KRS One, but nobodys really checking for him anymore.  People will actually listen to this and follow his lead.  AND the songs a certified BANGER!

OchoCinco

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 05:57:40 PM »

Its a pretty BOLD move for someone of Jay's caliber to make, also considering hes been cool with two of the bigger names in the Autotune movement (Kanye, Wayne)....I give him his props for putting this out, plain and simple.

And its a step in the right direction for hiphop.  No offence to KRS One, but nobodys really checking for him anymore.  People will actually listen to this and follow his lead.  AND the songs a certified BANGER!

Its weak cus it was already ready confirmed that their was auto-tune on his album then he made this. There for meaning that he doesn't truly believe what he is saying and made this only to hop on the bandwagon. Jay is played out n needs to stop his gimmick shit. I'm still surprised he never named his new album after that new Transformers movie.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
^might as well let jump on it & hope that he changes rap from the direction it's headed.

90% of mainstream fans are retarded & don't know he once had autotune on his album; so Jay can be a walking hypocrite but only a few know that, so just let Jay spread the message.