Author Topic: The Moment Auto-Tune Died: Jay-Z performing at BET Awards  (Read 1107 times)

ikke

Re: The Moment Auto-Tune Died: Jay-Z performing at BET Awards
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2009, 10:51:39 PM »
What sucks about this is that he's just hopping on the bandwagon and saying something that we all have been saying for at least a year. This ain't even close to the first song dissing autotunes yet this is the one that gets attention.
how he is hopping on the bandwagon?  hes the first mainstream artist to come out and he just destroyed auto-tune with one song!!  Dude is like the biggest name in the game and he even made the track a single!!

People have been hating on autotunes since it came out. Rappers already been dissing it in their songs. KRS One already made an song about autotunes. Not hating but its not like he's doing something new.
that's bullshit auto has been around since the 90's

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2009, 10:59:03 PM »
What sucks about this is that he's just hopping on the bandwagon and saying something that we all have been saying for at least a year. This ain't even close to the first song dissing autotunes yet this is the one that gets attention.
how he is hopping on the bandwagon?  hes the first mainstream artist to come out and he just destroyed auto-tune with one song!!  Dude is like the biggest name in the game and he even made the track a single!!

People have been hating on autotunes since it came out. Rappers already been dissing it in their songs. KRS One already made an song about autotunes. Not hating but its not like he's doing something new.

I know about Roger Troutman. I'm talking about when T-Pain started using it, that's when people started hating it. For like the past eight months everyone's been saying it sucks.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2009, 10:59:47 PM »
when were people sayin it was dope? lol

I know about Roger Troutman. I'm talking about when T-Pain started using it, that's when people started hating it. For like the past eight months everyone's been saying it sucks.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2009, 11:11:38 PM »

That's what I'm saying. If Jay-Z had made this song at least a year ago it would've held more weight. But at this point, he's just repeating something that hip hop fans have been saying for quite some time.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2009, 11:14:44 PM »
aite but who else could have put a song together and made it as dope as this?
(the instruments, i mean for real its dope, and im nowhere near a jay-z fan)

That's what I'm saying. If Jay-Z had made this song at least a year ago it would've held more weight. But at this point, he's just repeating something that hip hop fans have been saying for quite some time.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2009, 11:28:21 PM »
instrumental is dope, no doubt. I'm just saying the idea is capitalizing off of something that everyone already knew

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2009, 12:06:24 AM »
instrumental is dope, no doubt. I'm just saying the idea is capitalizing off of something that everyone already knew

He's making a song about what he sees around him...  That's what being an artist is..

No one was making full songs about how Autotune was whack..

Ride the wave and people hate.  Swim against it and people hate.  Do you muthafuckas stand for SOMETHING?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2009, 12:09:23 AM »
yeah thats what im sayin
jay-z is a master of this art tho, and IMO this song proves it
i dont know who wrote his lyrics for this song, but damn it fits perfectly
but yeah hes sayin what he sees around him, and altho hes not sayin fuck wayne, fuck pain
damn if this isnt a somewhat lil ether...
what was that one line....you need stop tpainin lol
i mean noone eles has said that

He's making a song about what he sees around him...  That's what being an artist is..

Ride the wave and people hate.  Swim against it and people hate.  Do you muthafuckas stand for SOMETHING?
Cube

westside159

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2009, 01:43:56 AM »
The Beat is hittin on that song , something different . GOODBYE AUTOTUNES !!! R.I.P   8) 8)

westside159

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2009, 01:52:15 AM »
and i gotta add that Lil Wayne and Drake performance at the bet awards was soooooo  weak and terrible it almost ruined the whole show .   terrible performance

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2009, 02:00:07 AM »
dude needs to retire again

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2009, 02:41:54 PM »

He's making a song about what he sees around him...  That's what being an artist is..

Ride the wave and people hate.  Swim against it and people hate.  Do you muthafuckas stand for SOMETHING?

like I said, a bunch of rappers have already dissed it in their music, and KRS One already made a full song about it (I'm sure there are more as well).

Like I said, if he had said this a year ago I would have appreciated it more.

How am I hating? I said its a nice song. I'm just saying its not original.

midwestryder

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2009, 08:17:46 PM »

Roger Troutman did not use the autotune .  the autotune was not around in the 90's  . Roger Troutman .teddy riley used  something totally different  thne autotone /& so did snoop .  i forgot what it is called but it is lot harder to use then  the stupid eazy autotone.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2009, 08:33:11 PM »

Roger Troutman did not use the autotune .  the autotune was not around in the 90's  . Roger Troutman .teddy riley used  something totally different  thne autotone /& so did snoop .  i forgot what it is called but it is lot harder to use then  the stupid eazy autotone.

you're thinking of the vocodor.

westside159

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2009, 10:28:57 PM »
man fuck autotunes ..  SHIT IS CORNY !!!!!   GOODBYE AUTOTUNES R.I.P FOREVER