Author Topic: The Moment Auto-Tune Died: Jay-Z performing at BET Awards  (Read 1143 times)

midwestryder

Re: The Moment Auto-Tune Died: Jay-Z performing at BET Awards
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2009, 05:20:59 AM »
What sucks about this is that he's just hopping on the bandwagon and saying something that we all have been saying for at least a year. This ain't even close to the first song dissing autotunes yet this is the one that gets attention.
how he is hopping on the bandwagon?  hes the first mainstream artist to come out and he just destroyed auto-tune with one song!!  Dude is like the biggest name in the game and he even made the track a single!!

People have been hating on autotunes since it came out. Rappers already been dissing it in their songs. KRS One already made an song about autotunes. Not hating but its not like he's doing something new.
that's bullshit auto has been around since the 90's

I know about Roger Troutman. I'm talking about when T-Pain started using it, that's when people started hating it. For like the past eight months everyone's been saying it sucks.
Roger Troutman did not use the autotune .  the autotune was not around in the 90's  . Roger Troutman .teddy riley used  something totally different  thne autotone /& so did snoop .  i forgot what it is called but it is lot harder to use then  the stupid eazy autotone.

you're thinking of the vocodor.
thats it! . thanks man. +1

ikke

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2009, 05:53:17 AM »
What sucks about this is that he's just hopping on the bandwagon and saying something that we all have been saying for at least a year. This ain't even close to the first song dissing autotunes yet this is the one that gets attention.
how he is hopping on the bandwagon?  hes the first mainstream artist to come out and he just destroyed auto-tune with one song!!  Dude is like the biggest name in the game and he even made the track a single!!

People have been hating on autotunes since it came out. Rappers already been dissing it in their songs. KRS One already made an song about autotunes. Not hating but its not like he's doing something new.

I know about Roger Troutman. I'm talking about when T-Pain started using it, that's when people started hating it. For like the past eight months everyone's been saying it sucks.
Roger Troutman did not use the autotune .  the autotune was not around in the 90's  . Roger Troutman .teddy riley used  something totally different  thne autotone /& so did snoop .  i forgot what it is called but it is lot harder to use then  the stupid eazy autotone.

Isn't that like the same?

midwestryder

« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2009, 03:09:58 PM »

Isn't that like the same?
No it is not . the auto tune &  vocodor are 2 different things . auto tune is a computer cheat . while vocodor is an instrument unlike the auto tune.