Author Topic: DJ Quik Greatest Hits New Tracklist (With New Song Titles)  (Read 183 times)

JAE

DJ Quik Greatest Hits New Tracklist (With New Song Titles)
« on: October 22, 2002, 07:35:59 PM »
Arista/BMG Heritage is planning a Nov. 19 release for "The Best of DJ Quik," a 19-track overview of the Compton, Calif.-bred gangsta rap progenitor's decade-long career. The compilation will include two exclusive new tracks alongside songs taken from Quik's six albums, including "Under tha Influence" (Euponic), released earlier this year.

"Streetz Iz Callin'" and "Quik's Groove VII" are newly recorded tracks put to tape in September. They will augment such older Quik cuts as "Tonite and "Born and Raised in Compton" from 1991's "Quik Is the Name" (Profile); "Jus Lyke Compton" from 1992's "Way 2 Fonky" (Profile) album; "Summer Breeze" and the title track from 1994's "Safe & Sound" (Profile); "Hand in Hand" from 1997's "Rhythm-Al-Ism" (Arista); and "Pitch in Ona Party" from 2000's "Balance & Options" (Arista).

"Under tha Influence" is represented by the cut "Trouble" featuring AMG. The album, which debuted at No. 27 on The Billboard 200 in June, has sold 509,000 copies in the U.S. to date according to Nielsen SoundScan, and was included on the preliminary "long list" for the second annual Shortlist Prize for Artistic Achievement in Music.

Quik has also scored hits in recent years as a producer, including Truth Hurts' "Addictive" featuring Rakim (Interscope), which peaked in June at No. 9 on Billboard's Hot 100.

Here is the track listing for "The Best of DJ Quik":

"Quik Is the Name"
"Sweet Black P****"
"Tonite"
"Born and Raised in Compton"
"Loked Out Hood"
"Safe + Sound"
"Dollaz + Sense"
"Summer Breeze"
"Quik's Groove VII"
"Jus Lyke Compton"
"So Many Wayz" featuring 2nd II None and Peter Gunz
"Hand in Hand" featuring 2nd II None
"Down, Down, Down" featuring Suga Free, Mausberg, and AMG
"You'z a Ganxta"
"Speed"
"Pitch in Ona Party"
"Do I Love Her?" featuring Suga Free
"Streets Iz Callin'"
"Trouble" featuring AMG

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU To the guy at dj-quik.net board for pointing this out! Dope news huh? This tracklist is better if you ask me!

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:DJ Quik Greatest Hits New Tracklist (With New Song Titles)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2002, 12:51:04 AM »
Cant wait for this.......quik will always be a legend!!!

BL7

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2002, 01:48:50 AM »
Tight news. That "Street Iz Callin'" track sounds really interesting, can't wait to bump this.

Peace

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2002, 02:03:59 AM »
"Under tha Influence" is represented by the cut "Trouble" featuring AMG. The album, which debuted at No. 27 on The Billboard 200 in June, has sold 509,000 copies in the U.S. to date according to Nielsen SoundScan, and was included on the preliminary "long list" for the second annual Shortlist Prize for Artistic Achievement in Music.

WTF!? Why The Hell Is Quik Dissapointed With The Album Sales, We Heard It Was A Huge Flop - Its Gone Gold?! Fair Enough It Didnt Debut High But It Seems To Have Sold Solidly! I Know He's Mad That Talentless Twats Sell More But Shit Dont Throw It In!!!  :'( >:(

Dope News Though Thanks JAE

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2002, 02:16:34 AM »
509,000 copies in the U.S is not bad at all. im sure thats like 600 000 world wide
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Funkadelic

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2002, 03:30:34 AM »
509,000 copies in the U.S is not bad at all. im sure thats like 600 000 world wide

I agree with Jay. It's a shame that they didn't release the album of a such a "legend" worldwide...

BL7

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2002, 04:53:38 AM »

WTF!? Why The Hell Is Quik Dissapointed With The Album Sales, We Heard It Was A Huge Flop - Its Gone Gold?! Fair Enough It Didnt Debut High But It Seems To Have Sold Solidly! I Know He's Mad That Talentless Twats Sell More But Shit Dont Throw It In!!!  :'( >:(

Dope News Though Thanks JAE

Exactly! I think he gave up just a little too fast. Going gold is pretty damn good.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2002, 07:07:44 AM »

I agree with Jay. It's a shame that they didn't release the album of a such a "legend" worldwide...

what i  meant was that it probably sold around 600-650 k, cause it was released worldwide...so i figure it sold around 150 k outside the US.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2002, 07:22:57 AM »
what i  meant was that it probably sold around 600-650 k, cause it was released worldwide...so i figure it sold around 150 k outside the US.

It Wasnt Though Was It...(Unlike B&O), Its Only In The UK On Import (For Around £24 - Which Is Around $35-40)

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

415 Playa

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2002, 07:43:36 AM »
Thanx 4 that news dawg ! I wanna have this shit right now ! Quik iz really a legend of tha CPT ! Fuck that he stops rappin' ! :(

JAE

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2002, 10:41:03 AM »
Quik always goes gold. I think he just wanted a platinum plaque. This was his last chance to go platinum he thought. Thats why he recycled Put it on me. Thats why he got eastcoast rappers on the cd. Thats why when he promoted it he never mentioned AMG or Suga Free, he always talked about the big names. Thats why he changed his style and thats why he is mad that he didnt sell more. Hes been promoting like hell and all his fans have the cd, but others dont. He should be happy that he has a fan base that sticks with him. Although he does deserve more considering he had a number 1 hit earlier this year (addictive). The main reason I think is cause the TV stations didnt play Trouble. I never ONCE saw it on much. He was basicly living off the radio(it was played alot on our station). But why complain? Billboard.com is doing articles on him. They dont do articles on C-Bo. Quik aint THAT underground. He has a big name in rap. I dont see why hes stopping....

Also, Is anyone else mad about only 1 song from way 2 fonky on the cd? Way 2 Fonky is my fav quik album of all time. I love almost every song. Heres my tracklist I think it should be....

1. Sweet Black Pussy
2. Mo Pussy
3. Way 2 Fonky
4. Safe + Sound
5. We Still Party
6. Trouble
7. Born N Raised In Compton
8. Down Down Down
9. Pitch In On A Party
10. New Quiks Groove
11. Streetz Is Callin (New)
12. Dollaz + Sense
13. Speed
14. Jus Lyke Compton
15. Tonite

Bonus - Konnectid Feat. Suga Free, Hi-c, AMG, Hamm, KK, Dee

They need one last song with all of them on it. That would end his carrer perfectly.