Author Topic: Kobe Bryant MVP of the All Star GAme  (Read 550 times)

ToNe1904

Re: Kobe Bryant MVP of the All Star GAme
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2002, 04:42:06 PM »

ummm...no you must be crazy.....tim duncan barely even did shit...and kevin garnett had a good game but nowhere near mcgrady....

it would be hard for Garnett n Duncan to have a GREAT game, because kobe wont feed tha fukin post. he jus shootz everytime he gets tha ball. n only passes tha ball if he can sumhow get an assist n look spectacular. so u gotta take that into account when sayin whetha they had a good game. if they touched tha ball, n shot it as many times as kobe...theyda had a MUCH better game them him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2002, 05:58:11 PM »
1. all those hopeless sixer fans are just bitter

2. Kobe is one of the best hate him or not, he's BETTER than iverson, TWICE as good as MCgrady, and better than Jason Kidd who is going to win MVP this season

3.MVP's are won becuase of contribution to the team and it's success not becuase you have a couple of fancy dunks, look pretty or gangster and have the crowd behind your back....hell if that was the case kobe and garnett would have won it 2 years ago instead of Shaq and Duncan  ::) and ANOTHER thing kobe HAD to consume the ball that much becuase no one else was doing jack shit besides him until gary payton got hot, if you didn't notice the west kept falling back every time they substituded kobe out

4. the first year guys did a great job i think except steve francise.  Novitski and Nash were helping the west BIG time if ya ask me.  Didn't Peja hit a vital 3 when ray allen got hot??

5. this game was tight, good basketball was being played, just becuase there wasn't a grip of fancy plays doesn't mean the game sucked. God y'all watch basketball for the wrong reason's if you just watch it for fancy plays instead of hearty compitition.....and whoever said last years game sucked needs to get raped doggy style , that game was one of the best ever, hell all those basketball annylisers were saying that it went down to the wire and they were playing it like it was a championship game

6. all this 1 on 1 shit about kobe and iverson is horse shit, first of all i think it'd be a tie. but kobe is a better player, why becuase he can win and can do more than just score....plus he gets better and more intellegent EVERY year...hell even jordan and magic said this.  another thing about the 1 on 1 thing, stephon marbury would school Jason Kidd on the court 1 on 1...but Jason kidd is better....my proof...the NJ nets....same team different PG.

7. Lakers VS Nets....this june pleezbaleevit

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2002, 06:03:37 PM »
NO STOCKTON...NO MALONE!!!!!!!!! lets all give a fukin round of applause for that shit!!!!!! lol

as much as i hate those 2 players, they deserve more respect than that .......

the all star game is about having the BEST of the BEST on the court not having the MOST EXCITING of THE MOST EXCITING of the floor or the players with the best haircuts on the floor

if this was the case your boy duncan would be the last person picked in the league

ToNe1904

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2002, 06:13:43 PM »
kobe...better then Iverson. LOL. Kobe is good, n i aint gonna deny it. but laker fans seem to rank him way higher then what he is. Hes got tha potential to be the best in the league. but righ now....hell naw. hes got growin up to do STILL. He'll be better when he stops believin his own hype so much. As far as tha game goes. no one else was doin shit....cus kobe wasnt passin tha ball. i dunno how many of u play ball. but i played ALOT of basketball in highschool n after. n u gotta understand, u gotta reward tha big men more. kobe didnt do that. its frustrating for down lo players when a guard comes down the court n jus pulls up for three all the time, or tries to get a spectacular dunk all the time. look how MJ plays (sum1 kobe tries to copy his game after). even tho he dominates the game as far as shot attempts...he gives the ball to people when they have an opportunity to do sumthin with it. Kobe (like sum other players) try to make a fancy pass....n it looks tight...but tha person catchin tha ball is in a bad position. id respect him more....if i saw him dribble up tha court more....n jus feed tha post.

ToNe1904

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2002, 06:20:46 PM »

as much as i hate those 2 players, they deserve more respect than that .......

the all star game is about having the BEST of the BEST on the court not having the MOST EXCITING of THE MOST EXCITING of the floor or the players with the best haircuts on the floor

if this was the case your boy duncan would be the last person picked in the league

I know they were good back in tha day. i was only fukin around cus i cant stand em. n Duncans game is still more exciting then Karl eva was. lol

Doggystylin

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2002, 06:29:17 PM »
1. all those hopeless sixer fans are just bitter

2. Kobe is one of the best hate him or not, he's BETTER than iverson, TWICE as good as MCgrady, and better than Jason Kidd who is going to win MVP this season

6. all this 1 on 1 shit about kobe and iverson is horse shit, first of all i think it'd be a tie. but kobe is a better player, why becuase he can win and can do more than just score....plus he gets better and more intellegent EVERY year...hell even jordan and magic said this.  another thing about the 1 on 1 thing, stephon marbury would school Jason Kidd on the court 1 on 1...but Jason kidd is better....my proof...the NJ nets....same team different PG.

7. Lakers VS Nets....this june pleezbaleevit

your the homie and all but my reply to 1,2,6,7 is just..............BLAH!!!!!!!!!, lol

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2002, 06:56:17 PM »
hey say what you want, but i got the 2 best that ever done it backing my statements up....who do you y'all got....a bunch of cheese stake eaters??

ToNe1904

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2002, 09:44:10 PM »
jake....u said kobe is better then iverson, cus he can do more then score....n gets more intelligent every year. well, getting more intelligent doesnt measure shit. yur SUPPOSED to get more intelligent. n as far as him doin more then scoring...he doesnt. he jus shoots alot...n scores alot. Yur gonna tell me hes a better defensive player or better floor leader then Iverson?? lol

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2002, 10:47:49 PM »
damn kobe played a good game but i think that the game needed more highlights.  too much 3 point shootin and postin up.  slack on d a little and let the other team do some awesome alley oops and shit.  this game was suppose to be fun and not competitive like the playoffs.  the funniest part was when webber got stuffed by the rim then jordan blew a dunk on a breakaway.  embarassing for both those guys.  did neone see webbers shoes?? they were all chrome lookin laces and all.

ToNe1904

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2002, 11:01:09 PM »
damn kobe played a good game but i think that the game needed more highlights.  too much 3 point shootin and postin up.  slack on d a little and let the other team do some awesome alley oops and shit.  this game was suppose to be fun and not competitive like the playoffs.  the funniest part was when webber got stuffed by the rim then jordan blew a dunk on a breakaway.  embarassing for both those guys.  did neone see webbers shoes?? they were all chrome lookin laces and all.

u should check tha "AND1 Mixtapes" if u wanna see all that offensive shit. Them thingz are tight as fuk. Any of them type of videos. Street ballaz alwayz originate new moves that ud neva see NBA playaz do.

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2002, 11:04:29 PM »
aight man thanks.  im gon look for that shit.  i love watchin dunks and shit like that where u just be like damn did u see that.  but watchin a good game is aight too.  thanks for the info tone.

Youngster323

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2002, 02:08:40 AM »
jake....u said kobe is better then iverson, cus he can do more then score....n gets more intelligent every year. well, getting more intelligent doesnt measure shit. yur SUPPOSED to get more intelligent. n as far as him doin more then scoring...he doesnt. he jus shoots alot...n scores alot. Yur gonna tell me hes a better defensive player or better floor leader then Iverson?? lol

tell me how IVerson is a better defender than KObe? Tim Duncab had 14 rebounds and 14 points , thats a MVP performance too.  NObody was bitchin when Iverson took 6 more shots than Kobe , last year int he all star game. Nobody boo'd him

ToNe1904

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2002, 06:51:11 AM »

tell me how IVerson is a better defender than KObe? Tim Duncab had 14 rebounds and 14 points , thats a MVP performance too.  NObody was bitchin when Iverson took 6 more shots than Kobe , last year int he all star game. Nobody boo'd him

Iverson is a quicker player. hes a better "on the ball" defender. n hes ALWAYS in the passing lanes. one of the best in the league at steals. Kobe hasnt impressed me at ALL as a defensive player. and as for Iverson takin 6 more shots then Kobe. He took 6 more shots then kobe did THAT year. not 6 more then kobe took yesterday. shit he almost set a record for most shots takin in an all star game. n didnt even play that well. i think it bugz me a lil when i see sum1 go into tha all-star game...and its obvious they are jus tryin to win the MVP. If he woulda scored 31 points...n jus been on fire durin the game...i wouldnt say shit. but he wasnt...juss playin for himself.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2002, 07:25:19 AM »
hahahahahha, that fucker kobe deserves that, lol, mcgrady should have gotten mvp

hater.

Youngster323

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2002, 07:35:02 AM »

Iverson is a quicker player. hes a better "on the ball" defender. n hes ALWAYS in the passing lanes. one of the best in the league at steals. Kobe hasnt impressed me at ALL as a defensive player. and as for Iverson takin 6 more shots then Kobe. He took 6 more shots then kobe did THAT year. not 6 more then kobe took yesterday. shit he almost set a record for most shots takin in an all star game. n didnt even play that well. i think it bugz me a lil when i see sum1 go into tha all-star game...and its obvious they are jus tryin to win the MVP. If he woulda scored 31 points...n jus been on fire durin the game...i wouldnt say shit. but he wasnt...juss playin for himself.

dont you think that cuz Iverson is a small guard its easier for him to get in the lane plus his quikness. Hes definetly a good player on the offense but i dont give him much credit on D. Kobe has to guard players like Tracy, Vince, Stojakovich or however u spell it, the list goes on and on. so its real tough for kobe to be a good defender, yet he still gets called for either the 1st or 2nd all defensive team. oh and my bad about the 6 shots i misread it somwhere. but just look at Wilt Chamberlain..this is taken from the LA TImes

"Wilt Chamberlain spurned the Big Five schools, went to Kansas, left town again when the NBA Warriors moved to the Bay Area, returned to the 76ers, commuted from New York, ripped his home town in the press, forced the 76ers to trade him, then refused their entreaties to retire his jersey for more than 20 years before finally deigning to accept.

Yet, Wilt remained a local hero. When they finally put his No. 13 on the Spectrum wall, the 76ers could have sold 100,000 tickets."

Yea I know Wilt is a legend but Kobe should at least get some respect for giving us a show. Just imagine the game wihtout kobe, the WEst could not even score when Kobe was on the bench, the only player that was scoring was Payton. philly fans are trippin cuz he left Philly thats life if i was to start trippin cuz Tyson Chandler went to the Bulls. Its jsut ignorant. Show some respect for Kobe, Philly.