Author Topic: Kobe Bryant MVP of the All Star GAme  (Read 553 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Kobe Bryant MVP of the All Star GAme
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2002, 10:26:54 AM »
ok this is what i don't understand Iverson is the KING of ball hogs shooting like up to 30 shots a game sometimes, yet Kobe is greedy?

and ummmm how is iverson a better defender, when kobe is well capapable of defending smaller and quicker dudes like:

jason kidd (all star game made him look like a rook, even marv alber and the other announcers said so)

iverson (....finals last year and the 2 games they played last year)

and many others

and at the same time he can guard small forwards and shooting guards, hell if you didn't notice in the playoffs they had KOBE guard the point guards ......

i don't know how many lakers games you watch but it's obvious not many becuase you just pull this stuff out of your head and base them on your disliking for him....i hate malone and stockton but i'm not going to discredit them
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Youngster323

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2002, 10:42:31 AM »
ok this is what i don't understand Iverson is the KING of ball hogs shooting like up to 30 shots a game sometimes, yet Kobe is greedy?

and ummmm how is iverson a better defender, when kobe is well capapable of defending smaller and quicker dudes like:

jason kidd (all star game made him look like a rook, even marv alber and the other announcers said so)

iverson (....finals last year and the 2 games they played last year)

and many others

and at the same time he can guard small forwards and shooting guards, hell if you didn't notice in the playoffs they had KOBE guard the point guards ......

i don't know how many lakers games you watch but it's obvious not many becuase you just pull this stuff out of your head and base them on your disliking for him....i hate malone and stockton but i'm not going to discredit them

EXACTLY!!!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2002, 12:59:51 PM »
and ANOTHER mother fucking thing, Kobe plays behind shaq (my favorite player by the way) who is always going to rightfully command the most shots so when kobe goes into those shooting sprees it's becuase they're well deserved/anticipated.....if MC grady,carter, iverson, or anyone else for that matter that y'all worship was on the lakers the SAME shit would be happening, they'd be doing the same thing as kobe (not a well though IMO) and be hated on by all you bitter fans who havn't seen a championship in years or are bitter becuase you got raped by shaq and co. somewhere down the march to the championship.....when the lakers got swept by the spurs 3 years ago in the last game in the GWF did our home crowd discredit or say dumb shit about duncan and robinson?? no we might've cheered for NY in the finals but hey we arn't discrediting talent

Tim Duncan is a great player  but is far from even remotely being exciting , yet ya'll complain about novitski, nash....oh and this is what REALLY irks me, JOHN STOCKTON, AND KARL MALONE!!!??! wtf . john stockton is one of the best players ever at point and karl malone is without a shadow of a doubt the best PF in the NBA's history...duncans not even the best pf in the league right now....god i can go on and on

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2002, 01:06:30 PM »
and ANOTHER reason why kobe is better than iverson is that anyone who saw the rookie all star game iverson and kobe's rookie year KNOWS that if the west's  all star rookies would've won that Kobe would've gotten rookie MVP over iverson , i mean damn kobe had the better game and yet passed the ball  far more than iverson

and for everyone bitching about kobe taking all them shots sunday, wtf do you call iverson's shooting escapades during the regular season??

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2002, 01:09:06 PM »
and another thing about the arrogance issue

just look at that iverson picture up in doggystylin's avatar.....that ain't even iverson at full arrogance and yet i'd LOOOOOOVE to see anyone find a more arrogant picture of kobe

ToNe1904

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2002, 02:37:08 PM »
what would u say the reason is so many people dislike Kobe?? other then Laker fans that suck his dick. hes prolly one of the most unliked players in the game by other fans. Do u REALLY think its because people are hating on him? LOL. People LUV Jordan, n he was the greatest FOR YEARS. Kobe isnt even the greatest NOW. so theres a reason behind it. He is a FAKE, ARROGANT ass. Iverson got sum arrogance too, i aint gonna lie. But its nowhere near Kobes level because Kobe pretends to be this righteous muthafucka.

As for his game, AGAIN...Iverson is STILL a better defender then kobe. do u play basketball jake?? im guessin no. guarding tha point is much harder then guarding the off guard. cus yur CONSTANTLY playing D on the ball. Tha off guard (Kobe) can jus deny players the ball by running around with them. but tha point has to guard the ball frum tha moment its brought in bounds. and as for getting steals...the off guard prolly has a BETTER chance to be in the passing lanes then the point. because the off guard is USUALLY trailing a shooter coming off a pick...n can step in front of a pass. N no one complaining about Iverson shooting so much....well...he HAS to. His team depends on him to shoot...as do the Wizards with Jordan. Kobe'z problem is...he thinks he has to shoot that much too. he DOESNT. he jus does it anyways to get the spotlight. He has other scorers around him (shaq). Thas why he looked ridiculous in the All Star game was because amongst ALL those stars, some of them better then him...he felt it necessary (because he was in his "home" city) to shoot tha ball every fukin time he touched it. U say im backing up my facts with my dislike of him. well yur backing up yurs with the fact that u luv him. I aint gonna lie, i cant stand Kobe...but thas his personality i dont like. not his game. so when i criticize his game...im criticizing JUST that. Hes not tha best player in the league. n hes not anywhere near the MVP. well, lemme correct that...id say hes in the top 6 for MVP. But id put Shaq ahead of him, id put Duncan ahead of him, id put Garnett ahead of him, Iverson WOULD be, but his team isnt doin shit righ now. Id even put Jason Kidd n Jordan above him at this point in tha season.

So for yur boyfren Kobe, yah hez a good player. No doubt. no matter how much hez a bitch....hes still a good player. but tha best in the league? thas jus stupid. N if u wanna talk about versatility in defense...how ABOUT Tim Duncan? Do u remember when they played the Lakers a few yrs ago in the playoffs? n had Duncan guard...Shaq....Kobe...and Derek fisher all in the same game?? how many 7 footers are guardin tha point?

by tha way Jake, this shit aint meant to be no beef wit u foo. it seem like u wanna take it there. im jus disagreein wit u on this shit...n prolly alwayz will. Unless Kobe sumhow finds a fukin personality LOL

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2002, 03:39:12 PM »
what would u say the reason is so many people dislike Kobe?? other then Laker fans that suck his dick. hes prolly one of the most unliked players in the game by other fans. Do u REALLY think its because people are hating on him? LOL. People LUV Jordan, n he was the greatest FOR YEARS. Kobe isnt even the greatest NOW. so theres a reason behind it. He is a FAKE, ARROGANT ass. Iverson got sum arrogance too, i aint gonna lie. But its nowhere near Kobes level because Kobe pretends to be this righteous muthafucka.

kobe is not the most hated players in the nba ....if he was his card value wouldn't be as high as it is, and again when people like Jordan and Magic , the best 2 players ever, say he's the best i'mma listen to them other than some bitter spur/sixer fans

As for his game, AGAIN...Iverson is STILL a better defender then kobe. do u play basketball jake?? im guessin no.

actually i do you're talking to the starting center for noble elementries b-ball squad that went undefeated, washington jr. high's starting  small fwrd, and east high's shooting/point guard

guarding tha point is much harder then guarding the off guard. cus yur CONSTANTLY playing D on the ball. Tha off guard (Kobe) can jus deny players the ball by running around with them. but tha point has to guard the ball frum tha moment its brought in bounds. and as for getting steals...the off guard prolly has a BETTER chance to be in the passing lanes then the point. because the off guard is USUALLY trailing a shooter coming off a pick...n can step in front of a pass.

again it's obvious how much laker basketball you really watch becuase if you didn't notice any time the lakers played a team with a substancial point guard like jason kidd and allen iverson phil jackson put kobe on them and do you know what the end result was? a subpar performance by kobe's man and a laker victory

N no one complaining about Iverson shooting so much....well...he HAS to. His team depends on him to shoot...as do the Wizards with Jordan. Kobe'z problem is...he thinks he has to shoot that much too. he DOESNT. he jus does it anyways to get the spotlight. He has other scorers around him (shaq).

again this prooves once again that you don't watch much laker basketball, becuase kobe only shoots the ball alot when shaq is out and they need a scorer or when shaq makes it a point that it's going to be a "kobe" night. and abut iverson's that's more than a hypocritica statement, the lakers need kobe to shoot that much too, and hey at least kobe makes half of his shots.....uh and what's iverson's field goal percentange....yeah that's what i thought

Thas why he looked ridiculous in the All Star game was because amongst ALL those stars, some of them better then him...he felt it necessary (because he was in his "home" city) to shoot tha ball every fukin time he touched it.

and you know what every sports writer and anyone with a none bias to kobe will disagree with you there....don't believe me??? go check out fox sports.com

U say im backing up my facts with my dislike of him. well yur backing up yurs with the fact that u luv him. I aint gonna lie, i cant stand Kobe...but thas his personality i dont like. not his game. so when i criticize his game...im criticizing JUST that.

actually i like shaq, penny, marbury, ALOT more than kobe bryant and the only players i "luv" are shaq and magic....kobe's got game the second best in the NBA only behind shaq

Hes not tha best player in the league. n hes not anywhere near the MVP. well, lemme correct that...id say hes in the top 6 for MVP. But id put Shaq ahead of him, id put Duncan ahead of him, id put Garnett ahead of him, Iverson WOULD be, but his team isnt doin shit righ now. Id even put Jason Kidd n Jordan above him at this point in tha season.

as of right now i wouldn't give him the MVP either, it's kidd's year....but i would put kobe above duncan becuase of the game where we beat san antonio and becuase san antonio's record is worse than the lakers , over garnett becuase garnett will never ever take the wolves past the first round, jordan is still good but the wizards success isn't TOTALLY jordan....phil collins (a great coach) deserves credit, Tyron Lue, (a great player) deserves credit, their rookie center, all deserve credit towards the wizards turn around, Jason kidd like i said is so far the MVP the nets are exactly the same team as last year yet have a new point....jason kidd who has taken that team to the top...., so about the only person i agree with over kobe is shaq who can still dominate with a fucked up big toe

So for yur boyfren Kobe

aright, great way to show your maturity when your losing an argument mr. "piru blood"

yah hez a good player. No doubt. no matter how much hez a bitch....hes still a good player. but tha best in the league? thas jus stupid.

thanks again for showing your maturity and resorting to childish name calling....and for calling Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan stupid

N if u wanna talk about versatility in defense...how ABOUT Tim Duncan? Do u remember when they played the Lakers a few yrs ago in the playoffs? n had Duncan guard...Shaq....Kobe...and Derek fisher all in the same game?? how many 7 footers are guardin tha point?

i wnont make any excuses for the play of that game, but it's kinda hard to win a game with an unorganised team and a person who has no business coaching which was one of the worst performances by the lakers in history so half of duncan's credit can be added to the sloppy play of the lakers not duncan's defensive talent.....how many times has duncan been abl to duplicate that play...none and oh yeah lets not forget last years game.....damn what was it 40 point defisite derek fish setting a record for threes, shaq bitching up duncan AND robinson, and kobe gettin his game on too

by tha way Jake, this shit aint meant to be no beef wit u foo. it seem like u wanna take it there. im jus disagreein wit u on this shit...n prolly alwayz will. Unless Kobe sumhow finds a fukin personality LOL

i ain't trying to make it a beef "foo" your the one spewing all that childish ish "foo"

ToNe1904

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2002, 09:03:31 PM »
first off, my "name callin" as u call it...was only in response to yurs. check tha thread. Second, im FAR frum a sixer fan. i honestly dont like tha east so much. U say im bein biased with my view toward kobe...check yahself first. im not discounting that hes good....i jus dont believe hes the best. n theres many reasons to back that up. one day he might be, but righ now....i dont think so. U dont hear me runnin off at tha mouth about how Duncan is tha best player in the league. n i could easily argue it. N his game is WAY more mature then Kobe's is. i only mention duncans name when listing the top players. but i dont think hes THE best right now, but one of the top 4 for sure. You luv tha lakers so much that u would probably list the top 10 in the league as the lakers starting 5....n the bench. Yur MVP choice might be tha only thing i can agree with u on. Jason Kidd is prolly at the top right now IMO. when i measure MVP....i look at...."what would this team do without this player". thas why i regard Iverson, Duncan, Jordan, Kidd.....so high. The lakers would still make the playoffs without Kobe. the rest of those teams....i dont know about. The spurs could...in the east for SURE lol. but tha west is strong. So, seein as how the lakers could make the playoffs without him....they would hafta be DOMINATING everyone right now....for me to consider him MVP. n theyre not....by any meanz.

As for u playin JV, or whateva u play. Congradulations lol. j/k. But please believe i been playin ball foreva. i aint tryna diss wha u doin...im jus sayin. sum of tha foolz ive played with have played against these NBA muhafuckaz. One dood we used tah play wit....came out of high school, n lit up Jason Kidd for 48 points in a game down here. N also played against Jordan at a Chicago rookie camp. n was bein sought by tha lakers. so my opinions of sum of these NBA players....come frum what ive heard about them thru these foolz whove played against them. Actually...one of tha muhafuckaz that used tah ball where we play at...was Stu Lance's son....Shane. He tried out fah the lakers too. so im not jus speakin blindly. but regardless.....fuk this argument. im thru. so u can have tha last word in this shit....i dont really care. im gettin bored wit it lol. peace
n no beef......but still....FUK THA LAKERS! lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2002, 12:57:19 PM »
Put Kobe on the Sixers in place of iverson and he would average 50 points a game...

Shaq and Kobe have to split points, Iverson has no one to split his points with, and is not even a defensive player period...If you heard the comments after tha all star game, you woulda seen how everyone was praising Kobe and his defense (Including the bitch Iverson who was talking with his FAKE ebonix and acting hard like hes from the ghetto)...

ToNe1904

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2002, 04:19:09 PM »
Put Kobe on the Sixers in place of iverson and he would average 50 points a game...

Shaq and Kobe have to split points, Iverson has no one to split his points with, and is not even a defensive player period...If you heard the comments after tha all star game, you woulda seen how everyone was praising Kobe and his defense (Including the bitch Iverson who was talking with his FAKE ebonix and acting hard like hes from the ghetto)...

lol......fake? U praisin Kobe....n callin Iverson Fake? LOLOL Plus, u think havin shaq on yur team makes it harder to score...when yur a shooting guard? LOL good basketball knowledge. Shaq draws double teams constantly, n guess what that means?? sumbodies OPEN lol. Iverson has to play str8 up against players all night....n is usually tha opposing teams MAIN focus on defense. nobody goes into a game against philly....worryin about stoppin Dikembe lol.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2002, 12:08:52 PM »
15 assists for Kobe last Night...

a muthafuckin triple-double...

CrIverson aint seein kobe in this lifetime boy...

min0rity

::)Re: Kobe Bryant MVP of the All Star GAme
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2002, 04:27:59 PM »
big jake its DOUG collins not PHIL collins...lmao... ::)

kobe not arrogant???? ok then what do you call taking 25 shots to get 31 points at the all star game? what do you call the interview after the lakers-wizards game?? kobe NOT only is he the most arrogant player in the NBA (its NOT a bad thing though) this motherfucker think he actually is the best....he is believing his own hype......when he couldn't do the things jason kidd, jordan is doing right now and he is the 2nd best player behind shaq???? fuck that shit..shaq is dominent NOT BEST....you see the difference??? just cuz a player is the most dominent DOSEN'T MAKE him the BEST...shaq's best skill is his SIZE.....dude can't make a simple free throw, dude has a 10 inch shooting range, dude think he's dunks are spectacular.... ::), come on man..do i gotta explain more??? if shaq was about kevin garnetts size, kevin garnett will embarass him in a quickness and that goes for duncan, webber, wallace, even 100 year old david robinson will murder him...its obivious they have better SKILL than shaq its just that shaq is TOO FUCKING BIG thats IT....why do you think even you're announcers always referr to him as the most DOMINENT???? lmao...and you actually relie on what the announcers say???? LMAO!!!!!  and these are the same annoucers that say danny ainge was a all-star, and karl malone and john stockton are CHAMPIONS...yeah sure..... ::)....shaq and kobe are 2 of the most OVERRATED players ever in the game....but hey thats understandable since they are the champions after all.....

ToNe1904

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2002, 04:30:55 PM »
AMEN minority....preach fah these foolz! lol

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2002, 05:26:03 PM »
hmmm shaq's only asset is his size  ::)

riiiight, he was the same fucking size as zo duncan webber and wallace his rookie year but was STILL dominating....so fuck that, and shaq is one of the quickest centers in the league...ignorant statement number on by minority. no skill? shaq is the best passing center in the game, no skill? shaq has one of the best ball handling skills for a center in the game....dude crosses over dudes in games takes it up court, leads fast breaks once in a while just as good as any small forword or 2 guard for that matter...shows the only time you see shaq is on sports center shit i could go on and on and on and on

there are /have been bigger centers than shaq but NONE,  and i mean NONE have shown even half of the skill as shaq, just becuase you got range doesn't mean your a better player,sean rooks has a longer range than shaq and just about ever center in the league just about , does that mean he's better than Zo'?? hell you wanna go through a list of players that have more range than jordan in his prime??? shaq isn't some fat tall dude that is playing with a bunch of midets theres more to his game than just that, if you want to make silly excuses like he's only good becuase he's big....then why the fuck isn't Bryant Reeves dominating?? until  i see another center take on 5 blazers in a playoff game and STILL come out on top with a rim rocking dunk....i'll put them in the same category as shaq

and i'm not the only one who has crowned shaq as the best player in the league

in 96' phil jackson said shaq would be the best in the league if it wasn't for jordan

various sports announcers from TNT, NBC, FOX SPORTS,TBS, ect. have said this

just about every sports annyliser has said this

espn magazine, sports illistrated, the sporting news, USA today, and various publications have said this about shaq

man you know what i don't even know why i'm having this argument with you , you've already prooven that you only watch basketball for the fancy dunks and highlights reels than for the actual appreciation of work

point guards are suppose to be the epidomy of what Jason Kidd and Gary Payton is (the ball distributor and last resort for points and leader)

shooting guards are (stereo typically your leading scorers and star the ones who take the most shots (typically) and control the outside

Power forwards are the ones who are the ones who are typically the ones that give it up to when you can't give it to your SG, and who gets the majority of the rebounds

small forwards are your clean up crew, the ones that do the dirty work, and are the medium between the SG and PF

Center is your in the paint points, blocks, rebounds, and basically the super sized version of the PF

all fucking possisions play a DIFFERENT role, as a center your not expected to play the role of small forward which is the latest trend in the NBA....Shaq is the absolute BEST no question about it at his possition and with all the defense he has to face night in and night out and the beating he has to take night in and night out yet still consistantly gets the job done EVERY FUCKING night ...and has been doing this since 92', shaq wasn't always as girthy as he is now....cough cough Cole HS (where he was like the 3rd biggest) LSU, and the first 2 years with the Magic. Shaq has gotten bigger (and like most of his mass is muscle, shaq was said to be the strongest player in the history of the game a few years back) to accostome all the beatings and triple , cuadrouple, and sometims quintiple team action he gets becuase of his.....SKILL

Shaq wouldn't of been named one of the 50 best by knowledgable Basketball heads in only his 4th or 5th year if he was only good becuase of his girth....and like the people who defended their selection shaq said....it's not our fault your ignorant to his skill and contribution to not only his team(s) but the league

if all these players are so much better than shaq, tell me why the fuck he is always praised by other players, for his dominance and SKILL...

man fuck y'all i can go on and on with my argument and back them up with KNOWLEDGABLE dudes who make basketball their life and job....and all you can do  is back you shit up with your little personal opinion

man y'all are the nelly fans of basketball if you can't appreciate shaq

i bet you 5 dollars that if shaq was 2 shades lighter and had a 'pretty face' people would be on his jock

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah  >:( i'mma fucking stop now y'all are pissing me off

ToNe1904

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2002, 05:49:53 PM »
wtf jake. i thought u said Kobe was tha best player in the league. n now its Shaq? lolol maybe next itll be rick fox LOL. u know wha? sumtimes u make good points about yur arguments. but where u make yurself look ridiculous...is YOU pretend that the lakers are perfect, just because theyre yur favorite team. i have YET to see u say ONE negative thing about them. Shaq or Kobe. Please tell me u dont think theyre game is perfect. Nobodies is. N theyre FAR frum it. N even tha biggest Laker dickrider wouldnt say Shaq has the BEST skills of any big man in the game. that makes NO fukin sense whatsoeva. If u wanna say hes the most dominant, or the hardest to stop...well then u can make an argument for that. but most skilled....LMFAO! He is what he IS....because of his size. im not sayin that discredits what hes done so far in his career. Wilt was the same thing. But skillwise...Shaq has ALOT to improve on. I havent seen Shaq'z SKILLS get that much better. other then gaining a LITTLE bit more range on that one handed jumper of his lol. N as for u comparing him to bryant reeves...cmon now. I think Shaq has done what hes done, because of his size. But im not sayin he has NO talent....then he WOULD be bryant reeves lol. Basically, if he wasnt as big as he is...like sum other centers...he would not even be an all-star...or even much of a threat with tha game he has now. no jumper, cant blow by anyone, or face-up, is only a threat with his back to the basket, n cant shoot free throws. sum pretty crucial things for a big man. Im not holdin his size against him....its not his fault hes big. So its not like id say...he shouldnt be considered one of tha best in tha game. But its MUCH more because of his size...then skill...