Author Topic: Drake Signs With Young Money  (Read 262 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Drake Signs With Young Money
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 10:07:33 AM »
I'm pretty sure I read a while ago that there was a bidding war about Drake... and then he signs with Young Money? lol

This shows how fake and biased media (written by _____) can be.
with distribution through Cash Money/Universal.

That's part of what I meant. Whenever I see a song of Drake pop up it's with Boo, Mack Maine, Baby or Lil Wayne.
I feel what your saying, but I mean I wouldn't down grade b.c it's Young Money. It could have been just Young Money and that would have been bad (plenty of these artist owned labels sign artists that their major distribution refuse to back), so at least he got his major deal - which means he probably still got a lot of cash (in reference to the bidding war u spoke on)

haha, these days the only artists signed to major labels that get a lot of cash are artists with the status of Shania Twain and Mariah Carey.

Sony gave Springsteen 100 million a couple years ago when he was thinking of leaving and taking his library with him. But even a huge Boss fan like me can't understand how Bruce is worth that much in recording dollars, unless it was a lifetime deal or some shit, but I don't think it was.

PLANT

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 10:49:13 AM »
thats a weak ass move signing with Lil Wayne...I like Drake (no homo) but I think Lil Wayne is wack as fuck !!

D-TalkX

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 01:01:35 PM »
Not impressed with this guy at all...Actor turned rapper, definitely no flow I agree. The track he did with Trey Songs was so wack and was enough to see that because he's on TV they are milking his image (which is smart)...but Lil Wayne is wack as hell as well.

I wish him luck though being Canadian but man mainstream hip hop is a joke. The underground's coming back though we need to look at it a lot more.

Jaydc555

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 01:04:54 PM »
Choclair and kardinal,classified and solitair are all Canadian acts way more deserving.And k-os is on another level.He's way more deserving of this hype drake as.