Author Topic: Quincy Jones is refusing to go to Michaels Funeral Quincy interview comes hard  (Read 852 times)

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
Quincy Jones: 'I won't go to Jackson's funeral'

Jones has vowed not to attend Jackson's funeral, as he's sure he won't be able to cope with the sadness.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009

http://ktok.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104665&article=5683929

Quincy Jones is refusing to go to Michael Jackson's funeral - because he fears he won't be able to handle the grief.

The legendary music producer, who was the brains behind the King Of Pop's biggest hit albums, 'Thriller,' 'Off The Wall' and 'BAD,' is still grieving following the untimely death of his pal, who died last week.

In a statement released after the news of the star's death, Jones said, "I've lost my little brother today and part of my soul has gone with him."

But, despite his heavy heart, Jones has vowed not to attend Jackson's funeral, as he's sure he won't be able to cope with the sadness.

He says, "I won't go to any more funerals as long as I live. I can't handle it."

A date and location for Jackson's funeral have not been determined, but a public viewing of his body will take place at the pop star's former Neverland Ranch home in Santa Barbara, California on Friday. There will be a private family memorial on Sunday.
Quincy Jones interview below:
The source has been verified it is a true interview here is the original interview if you don't believe mediatakeout.

http://entertainmentrundown.com/15256/quincy-jones-candid-interview-on-michael-jackson/

July 02, 2009. MediaTakeOut.com just got ahold on an interview given by Quincy Jones just a few days ago - AFTER Michael's passing.

Dude really needs to fall back with this:
Q: You were there to witness the strange evolution in Michael's appearance. Did you ever step in and saying anything about it?
A: Oh, we talked about it all the time. But he'd come up with, "Man, I promise you I have this disease," and so forth, and "I have a blister on my lungs," and all that kind of b.s. It's hard, because Michael's a Virgo, man—he's very set in his ways. You can't talk him out of it. Chemical peels and all that stuff.

Q: Did you believe him about the disease?
A: I don't believe in any of that bullshit, no. No. Never. I've been around junkies and stuff all my life. I've heard every excuse. It's like smokers—"I only smoke when I drink" and all that stuff. But it's bullshit. You're justifying something that's destructive to your existence. It's crazy. I mean, I came up with Ray Charles, man. You know, nobody gonna pull no wool over my eyes. He did ###### 20 years! Come on. And black coffee and gin for 40 years. But when he called me to come over to see him when he was in the hospital on his way out, man, he had emphysema, hepatitis C, cirrhosis of the liver, and five malignant tumors. Please, man! I've been around this all my life. So it's hard for somebody to pull the wool over my eyes. But when somebody's hell-bent on it, you can't stop 'em.

Q: But it must've been so disturbing to see Michael's face turn into what it turned into.
A: It's ridiculous, man! Chemical peels and all of it. And I don't understand it. But he obviously didn't want to be black.

Q: Is that what it was?
A: Well, what do you think? You see his kids?

Q: Did you ever discuss it? Did you ever ask, "Michael, don't you want to be a black man?"
A: No, no, no, please. That's not the way you do it.

Q: But he was beautiful before?
A: Man, he was the most gorgeous guy.

Interviewer: But he seemed to have some deep-seated issue with how he looked?
Quincy: Well, that comes about a certain way. I'm not sure how it happens. I'm just a musician and a record producer. I'm not a psychiatrist. I don't understand all that stuff. We all got problems. But there's a great book out called Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart. Did you see that? That book says the statute of limitations has expired on all childhood traumas. Get your stuff together and get on with your life, man. Stop whinin' about what's wrong, because everybody's had a rough time, in one way or another.
Why you sh*tting on dude's grave Q ... that ain't cool ...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 08:23:03 AM by Drudge »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Quincy Jones is refusing to go to Michaels Funeral
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 09:30:39 AM »
One thang is for sure, Friday it's gonna be off the wall. Crazy.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 09:40:15 AM »

You got jokes dude??..lol

Is The Funeral This Friday??
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Elano

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 09:53:19 AM »

You got jokes dude??..lol

Is The Funeral This Friday??

No,the funeral is thursday. Friday is the afterparty  ::)

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 10:01:17 AM »
^^I just asked a question...I'll find out myself..thanks.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 04:49:53 PM »
Huh?  ??? But yeah they was sayin' the public viewing funeral was supposed to be Friday at Neverland but now it ain't.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 04:55:08 PM »
^^But from what i read thus far, the funeral arrangement is still up in the air.....

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 05:26:39 PM »
Cant you guys read? Look, "A date and location for Jackson's funeral have not been determined, but a public viewing of his body will take place at the pop star's former Neverland Ranch home in Santa Barbara, California on Friday. There will be a private family memorial on Sunday.", there you go!!!

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
 Damn Quincy.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
On the news last night they said it could/prob will happen @ the Staples center?
I have no links...ect

Just take my word for it or else... Fuck ya! if you don't believe me  ;D

Digital Pimpin'

I call bullshit on that interview.

Quincy's had 30 years to say this shit, but waits until right after MJ has passed? After Quincy himself said he didn't want to go to the funeral because the grief was too much?

Mediatakeout can't even lie right.

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG

Quincy's had 30 years to say this ####, but waits until right after MJ has passed? After Quincy himself said he didn't want to go to the funeral because the grief was too much?

Sorry but check it here.

http://entertainmentrundown.com/15256/quincy-jones-candid-interview-on-michael-jackson/

Digital Pimpin'

Quincy's had 30 years to say this shit, but waits until right after MJ has passed? After Quincy himself said he didn't want to go to the funeral because the grief was too much?

Sorry but check it here.

I won't believe it until it's reported on credible media outlets. It doesn't sound like the Quincy Jones who gave this statement last week: http://www.global14.com/quincy-jones-x-la-times-article/

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
I dunno if its real or not.. but if it is.. I don't think he's shitting on his grave or anything.

Quincy's a straight shooter.  And he's basically saying how he felt.. Whoever was asking the questions went in pretty deep and candid.  And Q didn't sugercoat anything.

I mean, he said what everybody knew and felt.  The guy asked him, did u believe Michael when he said it was a disease, and Q said no.. I don't think anybody on the planet actually believed it was a skin disease.. yeah, and ur nose and lips and everything changes!  So all Q did was not dodge the questions.. and said, naw I never believed it.. Like he said he was around Ray Charles.. who constantly lied about his drug addiction.  So he knew what was going on.. But what can u do.. That was MJ's fix for whatever reason.  What was he supposed to say, " yeah, I believe Michael whatever he tells me"..  I mean, now we're finding out that his kids werent even his.. I always suspected this.. cuz nomatter how much plastic surgery or skin bleaching u do, ur genes are still black, and ur kids are gonna get some of those genes.  He wanted to be white soo bad, that he had someone else be sperm donnor so his kids would be straight white.

Don't get me wrong, I love Michaels music especially his older stuff, but as a person, dude had some big time issues.  The world lost a music legend... But theres was a troubled soul behind the great artist.  And the people who know him personally know better than everybody else.

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

sofdark

Q just sayin the truth, don't try to shoot at q's comments just cause Michael's dead. I would rather hear what people really think than hearin some suga lies.