Author Topic: Crooked I Asks XXL To Put Slaughterhouse On Cover  (Read 1941 times)

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Crooked I Asks XXL To Put Slaughterhouse On Cover
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 04:55:56 PM »
Hip hop weely is not ground breaking. All those freestyles and mixtapes are him just trying to stay relevent. He fucked up by not dropping his album when Boom Boom Clap was getting play on the radio. I know I'm upsetting all you Crooked lovers by saying this but it's the truth. All bullshit aside, when is his solo album coming out? Since I've stopped checking for him I don't know what's going on with him.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 05:00:35 PM »
^lol, i'll say it again Hip Hop Weekly's >>> anything most of your favorite rappers ever did. 8)

he is working on the Slaughterhouse album (although i think they finished it); then he should have an EP/Mixtape coming out shortly after that & then maybe his album late 4th quarter.

but i don't see how people can go & preach "Hip Hop is dead" & then go & knock an artist like Crooked I; he is everything anybody could want out of a rapper & people still find a way to hate.

i don't want to hear "he or they are ruining rap" when you elect not to be a fan of an artist of Crooked I's caliber. :-\

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 05:07:27 PM »
i gotta say

i'd rather have 52 songs for FREE than pay 15 bucks for a CD with 15 songs

LOL @ the haters
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 05:11:37 PM »
^15 songs with an intro (with no music), a skit or two & then 3 fillers, 5 average tracks & 5 dope tracks (unless of course you were talking about a Crooked I album)

which would have 15 great/classic tracks. ;) ;D 8)

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 05:13:29 PM »
I rarely listen to hip hop today I only check for certain artists here and there (Crooked I used to be one of them) so I could give a fuck if hip hop is dead. The thing about this is that they are calling him a legend and he hasn't dropped an album in his career. You can drop all the mixtapes you want but you'll never be a legend from that. A mixtape has no structure, let's see if Crooked can carry his incredible work through an album. That's what I had been waiting for. I stopped checking for him after he started dropping those mixtapes every other month.

The point I'm making is mixtapes ain't shit. Recording music for an album is different than putting together a mixtape. Anyone can throw some songs together and call it a mixtape. Punk ass kids do it all the time on the internet and then they call themselves DJs. Do you think Dre is thinking "I can put this shit on a mixtape" for all his beats that don't make Detox? No he's working hard to put together a well structured album. Crooked I just puts out mixtapes every month not making it the BEST it can be, because he is just trying to stay relevant.

I went to his myspace a while back and listened to "If you ever see me" or whatever and that shit is garbage. The beat is wack ass fuck its like a 3 second loop. Musically his shit sucks. He's got tight raps but he's never had beats. Saying he's had a ground breaking musical career just makes me laugh because he's not even a musician he's a rapper. Big difference between the two.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 05:15:22 PM by theog »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 05:17:45 PM »
^i don't even know how to respond to that, i mean if the shit on the mixtape's are classic, why does it matter if he just called it an "album"? ???

also, if you REALLY think that "If You Ever Hear Me" is "garbage", it makes you wonder how biased the things you say are.

he kills that beat & the shit he has to say is tight as fuck!

also, i don't know if you heard his verses on these Slaughterhouse songs, but their sick too; really what is their to hate about Crooked I?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »
^15 songs with an intro (with no music), a skit or two & then 3 fillers, 5 average tracks & 5 dope tracks (unless of course you were talking about a Crooked I album)

the only rapper who was guaranteed to drop true heat each album was 2pac

2pacalypse now: 10/10
strictly4mynigz: 8/10
thug life: 9/10   (not enough songs thanks to Interscope and Iovene being pricks)
M.A.T.W.: 10/10
AEOM: 9/10  (really 10/10 but the song "whatz ya phone #" sucks so bad i can't call this a perfect cd...not a big fan of "rather be ya nigga" or "heaven aint hard to find" either)
makaveli: 10/10

and even pac's posthumous shit was banging until Amaru started the massive raping of his music in 2001 on UTEOT

RUSD and Still I Rise were bangers too.

as for a Crooked album, I really consider Young Boss vol 2 to be an album.  and Crooked's mixtapes > any album that has came out in the 2000's except for Non Phixion "the future is now" and Circle of Tyrant's self titled LP
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 05:26:16 PM »
^i don't even know how to respond to that, i mean if the shit on the mixtape's are classic, why does it matter if he just called it an "album"? ???

also, if you REALLY think that "If You Ever Hear Me" is "garbage", it makes you wonder how biased the things you say are.

also, i don't know if you heard his verses on these Slaughterhouse songs, but their sick too; really what is their to hate about Crooked I?

Anyone can tell the difference between and album and a mixtape. Artists save their best shit for their albums. I don't know why you guys insist on calling me a hater. I've backed up all the statements I've made and I don't know why you're calling me biased. Did you even read my post dude? I said he's got tight raps, but his beats are wack as fuck resulting in that garbage song "If you ever see me." When Crooked I drops an album I'll check for him. I'm gonna check out his Slaughterhouse shit when it drops, hopefully we get some quality music

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 05:28:04 PM »
I agree that Crooked-I needs to release an album.  That is, what the idea of an album is - a collection of hot tracks with original production that may or may not be conceptually tied together.  

If he does it for free and releases it as a street album, I don't care.  If he does it to make a lot of money and release it in stores that's fine.  Having a cd in stores means nothing.  What's the point if it doesn't enhance his revenue?  

I understand where you're coming from but I think you have a major weakness in your argument.  Mainly that if an artist produces material for a street tape it's not that good because it didn't make the final album cut.  I don't agree with you.  You're not factoring in a lot of information like CORPORATE MARKETING and the way cd's are created today.

None-the-less, I agree that I would like to see the product of Crooked-I's mentality if he created something that would make or break him like the way the game used to be.

I don't think If You Ever Hear Me is garbage but I would like to hear what he can do by himself over entirely original production.  Hip-Hop weekly hinted at great ideas but if he can't mold that into a classic song then I can't say he deserve the classic title.  

I think Hip-Hop Weekly was revolutionary because he marketed himself effectively on the inteternet consistently unlike any rapper has done before.

Edit: Yes, If You Ever Hear Me is original production but I don't think it's great production.   I think what he had to spit was dope.  It wasn't groundbreaking.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 05:33:30 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 05:29:33 PM »
great point

the marketing standpoint is, he gets free studio time, takes a free beat and uses it to double his already growing fanbase

i'd PREFER for him to drop an album before his career is over lol  - but i won't fault him for not, it took non phixion 7 years and 4 labels to drop their first release

Crooked's gave me atleast 500 songs for free...all i've had to pay for was his DVD and a vinyl here or there  8)

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 05:32:28 PM »
And the point of doubling your fanbase is..... to release an album they will buy! So where's the album? You gonna keep building your fanbase with mixtapes forever?

V2DHeart

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »
I rarely listen to hip hop today I only check for certain artists here and there (Crooked I used to be one of them) so I could give a fuck if hip hop is dead. The thing about this is that they are calling him a legend and he hasn't dropped an album in his career. You can drop all the mixtapes you want but you'll never be a legend from that. A mixtape has no structure, let's see if Crooked can carry his incredible work through an album. That's what I had been waiting for. I stopped checking for him after he started dropping those mixtapes every other month.

The point I'm making is mixtapes ain't shit. Recording music for an album is different than putting together a mixtape. Anyone can throw some songs together and call it a mixtape. Punk ass kids do it all the time on the internet and then they call themselves DJs. Do you think Dre is thinking "I can put this shit on a mixtape" for all his beats that don't make Detox? No he's working hard to put together a well structured album. Crooked I just puts out mixtapes every month not making it the BEST it can be, because he is just trying to stay relevant.

I went to his myspace a while back and listened to "If you ever see me" or whatever and that shit is garbage. The beat is wack ass fuck its like a 3 second loop. Musically his shit sucks. He's got tight raps but he's never had beats. Saying he's had a ground breaking musical career just makes me laugh because he's not even a musician he's a rapper. Big difference between the two.

I agree, although musically his material was good on Tha Row IMO
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 05:36:06 PM »
And the point of doubling your fanbase is..... to release an album they will buy! So where's the album? You gonna keep building your fanbase with mixtapes forever?

Yes, in the long run, you're right that is the major point to doubling your fan base.  It's clear if Crooked-I was simply in it for money he wouldn't have stayed in the game this long. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 05:37:03 PM »

Yes, in the long run, you're right that is the major point to doubling your fan base.  It's clear if Crooked-I was simply in it for money he wouldn't have stayed in the game this long. 

real talk

unlike all the wack peices of shit who use rap to get rich while not really caring about the well being of it, Crooked is doing the opposite

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2009, 05:39:57 PM »

Anyone can tell the difference between and album and a mixtape. Artists save their best shit for their albums. I don't know why you guys insist on calling me a hater. I've backed up all the statements I've made and I don't know why you're calling me biased. Did you even read my post dude? I said he's got tight raps, but his beats are wack as fuck resulting in that garbage song "If you ever see me." When Crooked I drops an album I'll check for him. I'm gonna check out his Slaughterhouse shit when it drops, hopefully we get some quality music

maybe back in the day i'd agree with that; but generally artists put what they think people will buy on their album.

maybe not Crooked I, but even he went to Akon (when he was the biggest hook-man) for Dream Big; a reported "first single" off of his "album", so he went mainstream for his hook for his "album".

i guess i didn't read your other post closely enough, i didn't see you were just disappointed in the beat; which i guess i can understand, even though i thought it was a banger.

Crooked will drop a little "somethin', somethin'" before he retires. ;)

the only rapper who was guaranteed to drop true heat each album was 2pac

2pacalypse now: 10/10
strictly4mynigz: 8/10
thug life: 9/10   (not enough songs thanks to Interscope and Iovene being pricks)
M.A.T.W.: 10/10
AEOM: 9/10  (really 10/10 but the song "whatz ya phone #" sucks so bad i can't call this a perfect cd...not a big fan of "rather be ya nigga" or "heaven aint hard to find" either)
makaveli: 10/10

four perfect, classic albums. 8)

but don't you dare hate on "Rather Be Ya N.I.G.G.A.! :P

i was lovin' that song, such a smooth & dope feel to that track. 8)