Author Topic: Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II [Front Cover + Album Pushed Back]  (Read 823 times)

Okka

"I had to push the album back to Sept 8th ppl, due to sample clearances and leakage of one of my records! OB4CL2 WILL BE OUT SEPT 8TH PERIOD!"

http://twitter.com/RAEKWONICEWATER/status/2414249041
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 03:47:55 PM by Okka »

Lunatic

damn at over a month push back.

my Raekwon interview drops July 5
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I love the cover. but too bad that it was pushed back...

Invincible

An extra one month won't hurt seeing as we've been waiting years for it already. Dope cover as there was nothing wrong with the first one. Can't wait for this.  8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
where is that "worst album cover ever" thread? :P

not really feelin' that. :-X

but i know the music on the disc will be dope, so i'm good. 8)

Invincible

where is that "worst album cover ever" thread? :P

not really feelin' that. :-X

but i know the music on the disc will be dope, so i'm good. 8)

Nothing wrong with that cover. Just like the last one.  8)

The Watcher

another push back?

who wouldve guessed!
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
wheres the first one?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
 8)
Like big AL said... "OH, I can't wait Baby!"

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
SAME OLD BULLSHIT
Raekwon Keeps Us Waiting For Two Days, Then Talks About Cakes

This magazine used to be well known for interviews with big-name American rappers. Back when Dave 1 from Chromeo was still writing for us every month we had scoops like Eminem’s first ever interview, Ol’ Dirty’s last ever interview, Lil’ Kim shot by Terry Richardson and Fat Joe walking us around the Bronx. 50 Cent talked to us about “How to Rob” three years before most people had heard of him, Benzino threatened to kill us, Young Jeezy made us an exquisite corpse, we reunited the Hot Boys, and we broke the story that Cappadonna was broke and working as a cab driver.

Our most recent rap piece involved Bradford Cox from Deerhunter interviewing Soulja Boy, which was OK, but most new rappers are so conservative and dull that it’s a waste of time talking to them.

This month, though, we were offered an interview with Raekwon and thought, “Well, why not?” It’s the Conversations With Distinguished Gentlemen Issue and he certainly fits that description, right?

As well as being the hardest member of the Wu next to Masta Killa, he and Ghostface made the finest albums about selling crack ever, in the form of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and Ironman. Lex Diamonds also made Tommy Hilfiger and Lexus cars fashionable, but we’ll forgive him for that.

But guess what? The whole process of interviewing him turned into a total ball ache and reminded us why we don’t do rap interviews anymore. After keeping our photographer waiting for nearly two days while Raewkon watched WWF and got stoned in his hotel, ;D his management refused to send us even a streamed link of the album so we can’t even tell you how it sounds. On the basis of the couple of tracks we’ve heard leaked, it sounds like, well, pretty good to mildly OK. So what could we talk about? See below.

Vice: So, you’re 39 years of age and a family man, many times over. How’s the home life?

Raekwon: I’m still infatuated with this art I do. I make it my business to do my business, you know? But I’m a father, and I make the most of that. I want to be the best family man I can be.

What keeps you busiest at home?

I love to cook more and more, every day. That’s part of growing up and becoming a man. I come from a long line of people who know how to cook. So yeah, maybe I was destined to be “The Chef” in multiple ways, you know?

What’s your signature dish?

I do a really good baked salmon, and baked chicken with the crispy skin. We all be on that. It’s good to be able to relax with your friends and family and make some good food.

Who would win a Wu edition of Come Dine With Me?

I don’t know. There’s some good cooks in Wu. GZA be on some baking shit. He does like a strawberry cake and, like, a lemon one, like that lemon glazed shit.

A lemon drizzle?

Yeah, that’s the one.

WORDS BY ANDY CAPPER
INTERVIEW BY JAIMIE HODGSON
PHOTO BY BEN RAYNER
(Yeah, it took three people to make this happen).

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 is forthcoming on EMI.

http://www.viceland.com/int/v16n6/htdocs/same-old-bullshit-920.php?source=db

LMFAO  :D  
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 08:22:15 PM by Makaveli's Food & Liquor »

Muhfukka

this will be the first and most likely only cd purchase from me this year

BANGADOSHISH!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Is this an official album? Didn't Dre do some production for this or did that get scrapped?

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Is this an official album? Didn't Dre do some production for this or did that get scrapped?

I think they've confirmed that there will be one Dre produced song on the album

Suga Foot

I read that they used the same photographer for this album cover as the first one.

J Bananas

It's a safe album cover. I really like that other potential one with the spilled blow and guns pointed at each other. I am anticipating the hell out of this album though.