Author Topic: UPDATED LINKS TO CDQ: [Audio] Slaughter House - The One  (Read 1208 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: UPDATED LINKS TO CDQ: [Audio] Slaughter House - The One
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2009, 12:10:21 AM »
damn this aint nuthin special
youd think it be dopeness wit khalil in it, but damn this gots to be the worst song wit the dopest producer involved (not includin premo)
woodstock murders this lol

Yeah I was real disapointed with the beat seeing as it was Khalil, same with that "Kinda Like A Big Deal", I mean, both beats were dope, but not the sound I wanted to hear from Khalil... Give us that Detox sound, that "Topless" and "Show Sum Love" sound...

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: [Audio] Slaughter House - The One
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2009, 02:26:47 AM »
Eh, for a group that was suppose to show what real hip-hop is and all that bs they sure showed how to decrease themselves to you average rapper this day with your average club track. It sounds like they were going for a mix of Kinda Like A Big Deal and We Made You.

Move On remains the only real top notch Slaughterhouse track.

My brain wants to nag on you for forgetting time and time again that if you want to stay on your label you must have at least one mainstream single, but my heart won't..  You'll learn...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2009, 02:50:02 AM »
I can't believe this is the final version..  If it is, it's the mixing that is ass.. Not the mastering..   I feel this would be a banger if they coulda fucked with it more..

1) They couldn't have made a more hollow sounding snare, I know they coulda subbed another one in if Khalil chose that whack of a snare.

2) The guitar riff needs to be LOUDER.  It's the driving melody of the whole beat and you can BARELY hear it.

3) Why did they take the 1950's approach with the chorus?  I want to feel like this woman is belting it out live with the group, not being sampled in from the stone age..

4) The vocals are mixed on point.

5) No intro?  Seriously??  Just right into the chorus loop?  No Khalil...

This has to be a radio mastering, there's no way it's gonna sound like this on the CD.  They gotta remaster it and leak it again cuz I bet alot more fans download this song than radio DJs.

jeanmiche777

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2009, 01:53:35 PM »
ewwww bad song. I'm disappointed.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2009, 06:47:45 PM »
IT could be.  Budden's Padded Room had the same problem.  It would've sounded a lot hotter if someone else mixed it or mastered it better.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2009, 06:00:58 AM »
IT could be.  Budden's Padded Room had the same problem.  It would've sounded a lot hotter if someone else mixed it or mastered it better.

for sure, they need someone like dre to do that shit

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2009, 10:55:49 AM »
yeah well "kinda like a big deal" is better than this IMO but this is jus not even khalil soundin lol
and everyone (includin himself) knows khalil can do better than this whether the masterin was bad or not

damn this aint nuthin special
youd think it be dopeness wit khalil in it, but damn this gots to be the worst song wit the dopest producer involved (not includin premo)
woodstock murders this lol

Yeah I was real disapointed with the beat seeing as it was Khalil, same with that "Kinda Like A Big Deal", I mean, both beats were dope, but not the sound I wanted to hear from Khalil... Give us that Detox sound, that "Topless" and "Show Sum Love" sound...
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Matty

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2009, 06:13:45 PM »
still on rotation dope track imo. doubt it'll be promoted that much but its a great party joint 8)

Fraxxx

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2009, 06:59:58 AM »
I can't believe this is the final version..  If it is, it's the mixing that is ass.. Not the mastering..   I feel this would be a banger if they coulda fucked with it more..

1) They couldn't have made a more hollow sounding snare, I know they coulda subbed another one in if Khalil chose that whack of a snare.

2) The guitar riff needs to be LOUDER.  It's the driving melody of the whole beat and you can BARELY hear it.

3) Why did they take the 1950's approach with the chorus?  I want to feel like this woman is belting it out live with the group, not being sampled in from the stone age..

This has to be a radio mastering, there's no way it's gonna sound like this on the CD.  They gotta remaster it and leak it again cuz I bet alot more fans download this song than radio DJs.

You're so right. I had the same problem with hood hop. It could be a banger but it doesn't sound like one. the energy is not transported at all. In the youtube videos of the video shoot and the studio session with primo both of these songs bang much more than the final product.

I feel that there's more potential to it so like you, said re-mix please!
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Invincible

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2009, 08:02:57 AM »

I missed this post and now you mention it, I agree totally. I didn't really notice the riff being that quiet. I still like the song though, bar the hook.

Matty

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2009, 11:54:39 PM »
i imagine the poor mixing has something to do with the fact that the beat was very likely supplied pre-made by khalil and that's as far as his involvement went. it's not like they would of had the budget to go in with him properly - someone else has obviously recorded the vocals and done the final mix, hence the loss in quality :-\

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2009, 12:30:59 AM »
i imagine the poor mixing has something to do with the fact that the beat was very likely supplied pre-made by khalil and that's as far as his involvement went. it's not like they would of had the budget to go in with him properly - someone else has obviously recorded the vocals and done the final mix, hence the loss in quality :-\

That isn't a sufficient excuse, but okay...

Jaydc555

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2009, 12:33:06 AM »
Let's just wait until the actual album comes out before commenting on the mixing and mastering it might sound different on the album

Matty

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2009, 01:22:22 AM »
yeah its a bit of a poor effort but i think its the most likely reason this record has a slight 'unfinished' quality to it...

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2009, 08:01:51 AM »
still disappointed with this track, it's not growing
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks